a few pics of the new toy

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posting a few pics I've come across for the new EQ. Pics of the shipping boxes for the 600 and 800, as well as the headphones. Seems the wireless phones come with a patch cable to allow them to be used as direct wired. What I have read also seems that they will have the wireless charging as well as a mirco-USB charger like a cell-phone.
eq800box.jpg eq600box.jpg eqwiredphones.jpg

Also, it seems the phones (at whatever price Minelab sells them) are a very cheap chinese supplied model sold as the Iselector BT80. Not really happy about this last bit of info I came across, but I've never liked Minelab headphones. I'll probably be finding an adapter to convert my 1/4" Sunrays into an 1/8" jack.

eqphones.jpg eq-chinese.jpg

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..........At least alittle bit more infro. It may be just me, but I find it somewhat frustrating that when a new machine is introduced, it's long on telling us how great it is, and short on details. So far they have shown the "Prototype", but not the "End" product, OK, I'm fine with that, it takes alittle time, but what I have not found yet is anything about the "Charger" for the machine, is it included?, If not, we will need to buy one, the EQ having a "sealed" battery pack. A smaller coil, it will be offered, how much?, Park and Field, Would that equate to Coins & Jewelry, and Relic on other Minelabs and what pre set Discrim. would they have. And of course the Headphones, Jason has some information on that, but here we go from 1/4" to 1/8th" jack. I recently bought a pair of Grey Ghost Underwater phones for the AT Pro, I'm sure they will not fit the EQ for the plug in. These are just some minor questions, and I do not mean to sound like I'm whining, which it kind of does, but I really do have ALOT of interest in this new machine, but alittle more information from Minelab would be nice, as time goes on, one begins to lose interest. After all, the big roll out in Scotland complete with a "Parachute" and then, almost nothing.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear you re Nothing Since the Announce, but I think the Internet buzz is doing a better job of hyping and keeping the Eq in the forefront of detectorists' minds better than Minelab Marketing Dept ever could.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I hear you re Nothing Since the Announce, but I think the Internet buzz is doing a better job of hyping and keeping the Eq in the forefront of detectorists' minds better than Minelab Marketing Dept ever could.
Amen to that. It will be out soon, and all the speculation will end....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amen to that. It will be out soon, and all the speculation will end....

And the whining/B****ing will be taken to yet new levels. (I think that's chiseled in stone somewhere).

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOO MUCH Hype, Not enough action OR Proof of being something "Special". Equinox?? Helps other buy a good used machine for Little$$ I just Laugh.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, it seems the phones (at whatever price Minelab sells them) are a very cheap chinese supplied model sold as the Iselector BT80. Not really happy about this last bit of info I came across, but I've never liked Minelab headphones. I'll probably be finding an adapter to convert my 1/4" Sunrays into an 1/8" jack.

Yep; probably time to be looking for that 1/8" to 1/4" adapter...

Steve

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I went to school with that guy!

High School was a LONG time ago Rusty, but you may be right, I think I may have dated his sister back then.........looks familiar.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..........At least alittle bit more infro. It may be just me, but I find it somewhat frustrating that when a new machine is introduced, it's long on telling us how great it is, and short on details. So far they have shown the "Prototype", but not the "End" product, OK, I'm fine with that, it takes alittle time, but what I have not found yet is anything about the "Charger" for the machine, is it included?, If not, we will need to buy one, the EQ having a "sealed" battery pack. A smaller coil, it will be offered, how much?, Park and Field, Would that equate to Coins & Jewelry, and Relic on other Minelabs and what pre set Discrim. would they have. And of course the Headphones, Jason has some information on that, but here we go from 1/4" to 1/8th" jack. I recently bought a pair of Grey Ghost Underwater phones for the AT Pro, I'm sure they will not fit the EQ for the plug in. These are just some minor questions, and I do not mean to sound like I'm whining, which it kind of does, but I really do have ALOT of interest in this new machine, but alittle more information from Minelab would be nice, as time goes on, one begins to lose interest. After all, the big roll out in Scotland complete with a "Parachute" and then, almost nothing.

Yep there is not a lot of info. But there will be once released and that plus reviews should enable folks to make informed decisions.

Just one thing about the above, All Garrett machines have a PROPRIETARY connector that doesn't fit anything else in the real world. In fact to hook up a regular pair of headphones that use the standard phone jack requires you to purchase an additional adapter. So it's a little disingenuous to complain that waterproof grey ghosts directly compatible for the AT Pro (i.e., that do not need the adapter) will not work with the Equinox. They won't work with any non-Garrett detector period. At least a standard mini-phono pack is being utilized for the Equinox and my Deus wired headphones can be used as well as just about any other wired headphones or earbuds you would use with a phone.

Last edited:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The reason they did the event at detectival, at least this is my opinion, is they know that the average detectorist does not have unlimited resources at their disposal to buy every new machine coming down the pike. The AT max was released, so for those folks that were looking for another machine might have been eye balling it, so minelab made a decision to give us a tease of what's to come. Brilliant move in my opinion. I for one put on the brakes and am waiting to see its performance because I fall into the the average detectorist category with limited resources. I want to buy one machine and make sure I get something that suits me the first time. And I like minelab too, which helps with the waiting....

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like horsepower wars in the car industry, lol.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep there is not a lot of info. But there will be once released and that plus reviews should enable folks to make informed decisions.

Just one thing about the above, All Garrett machines have a PROPRIETARY connector that doesn't fit anything else in the real world. In fact to hook up a regular pair of headphones that use the standard phone jack requires you to purchase an additional adapter. So it's a little disingenuous to complain that waterproof grey ghosts directly compatible for the AT Pro (i.e., that do not need the adapter) will not work with the Equinox. They won't work with any non-Garrett detector period. At least a standard mini-phono pack is being utilized for the Equinox and my Deus wired headphones can be used as well as just about any other wired headphones or earbuds you would use with a phone.

The Grey Ghosts are use on other brand detectors, the connector is simply cut off and new connector is installed that fits detector. I have GG Amphibians on all my excals and my 3030.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Grey Ghosts are use on other brand detectors, the connector is simply cut off and new connector is installed that fits detector. I have GG Amphibians on all my excals and my 3030.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think you missed my point. Of course the Gray Ghosts will work with other detectors if you replace the Garrett connector. My point was the poster I quoted was complaining about the Equinox having a 1/8" jack vs. a 1/4" jack and he was lamenting that his new Gray Ghosts he bought for his AT pro would not plug into the Equinox. I was simply saying that Garrett uses a completely proprietary connector no one else uses which is MUCH MUCH LESS compatible than the 1/8" jack Equinox uses. It was less about the Gray Ghosts than it was about holding up Garrett as an example of across-the-board compatibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread