Here is my MINELAB OBSERVATION and PREDICTION on the release of :

ANNOUNCEMNET OF Minelab Equinox September 2017

OUT TO PUBLIC - March 2018

WHY I THINK SO:

7EB68BCA-7481-4B96-92C8-4C0F9BF53F6C.jpeg

e·qui·nox
ˈekwəˌnäks,ˈēkwəˌnäks/Submit
noun
the time or date (twice each year) at which the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of equal length (about September 22 and March 20).

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a clever release date, but I take the name Equinox to mean "equally balanced", as in equally balanced between all detectors. Their own descriptions sort of eludes to this. For example: "Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions, just set your detecting location and go!"

Also people "in-the-know" are pretty confident the machine will start shipping in a few weeks, likely Europe first. Of course, this is complete hearsay and unconfirmed, but makes sense with the release of information so far.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab announce the reasoning behind the name and its from elect engineering, not balance or anything to do with the sun. "Q" and "I" are the two aspects to the signal, one based on iron and minerals and the other based on the conductive aspect. The Equinox is based on the ability to separate these aspects in analysis. Equinox is just a cute name using those 2 letters.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's only good for the northern hemisphere. Their home base is kangaroo land and it's reversed, so I figure about a week or two before Xmas.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are WAY overthinking this!

It was announced in September. If they get it out before Christmas their bottom line will look AMAZING for 2017.
Garrett AT Max will for sure take a a HUGE HIT.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was announced in September. If they get it out before Christmas their bottom line will look AMAZING for 2017.
Garrett AT Max will for sure take a a HUGE HIT.

They have stated since the reveal that the intent was to get them released for sale in December and before Christmas. That is their GOAL, so we will have to hope and see if they make it.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No doubt if these begin shipping in US
Before Christmas it will do much for
Minelabs reputation, if they perform
As well as the hype it will be a home run

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I hope they get released soon. I look forward to all the videos that will be posted. Then when my bonus gets here in the spring, I will buy if it lives up to the hype. If not, I'm saving for the ctx. Got the etrac but will get the big brother if the equinox isn't impressive.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope they DO NOT RUSH to get it out. Yet I hope they do what's needed to get it RIGHT!!! SCREW A CHRISTMAS timeline. Work out all the kinks and launch a great product!!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope they DO NOT RUSH to get it out. Yet I hope they do what's needed to get it RIGHT!!! SCREW A CHRISTMAS timeline. Work out all the kinks and launch a great product!!

Not exactly prime season for the colder climates either. You tube would be loaded with cabin fever EMI filled living room air tests.

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not exactly prime season for the colder climates either. You tube would be loaded with cabin fever EMI filled living room air tests.

Exactly. As bad as I want one. Here in NY the ground will be like concrete in a few weeks anyways. I would just be taking it out of it's case and staring and drooling.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could always take a road trip to warmer venues ya know! :icon_thumright:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do some of my best detecting in February and March after goose season but before planting season. Ground usally doesn't stay frozen long, if at all, here in eastern Maryland. Hope the Equinox is ready by then.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do some of my best detecting in February and March after goose season but before planting season. Ground usally doesn't stay frozen long, if at all, here in eastern Maryland. Hope the Equinox is ready by then.

Last winter I did great since it was mild here too.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes with winter season here it may be best to put off buying until spring. Spring is also when Fisher/Teknetics is due for their new offering.... then I can compare the two. The price on the Equinox 600 does look great though.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want it released ASAP and flawed so I can complain about it vigorously because that is what I do.

But seriously, if it is field upgradeable, I wouldn't mind that much if it has a few quirks upon initial release that could be fixed with a subsequent update vs. having to send it back to the factory to be updated a la Whites and First Texas.

Last edited:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want it released ASAP and flawed so I can complain about it vigorously because that is what I do.

But seriously, if it is field upgradeable, I wouldn't mind that much if it has a few quirks upon initial release that could be fixed with a subsequent update vs. having to send it back to the factory to be updated a la Whites and First Texas.

I'm with you on release it already because no matter
how long they hold off to tweak and re-tweak, there
will always be something, so long as it's easily fixed
via USB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread