Minelab EQUINOX = Unprecedented Anticipation?

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
b3y0nd3r --

I think I know what posts you are referring to, from Steve, that "changed your opinion" a bit.

Personally, I cut him some slack, on that. I think what the issue was, is that he has chosen to put some information out there on his forum about the Equinox -- but as a tester bound by an NDA, he needs to be VERY careful about what he says. I think the concern on his part is, if he posts things that he CAN say, and then folks start pasting parts of those words elsewhere, I think he's concerned that the words may get twisted/context might get lost, and he could then find himself in trouble with Minelab. So that, I think, is what caused a bit of that "kerfuffle." I could be wrong, but that's what I chalked it up to.

Steve is a good guy, an honest guy (which he has proven over MANY years), and so I cut him some slack. We all have bad days, and in addition to that, he's in a bit of a difficult position right now, regarding what he can and can't say, until the "shroud of secrecy" that hovers over the Equinox is lifted by Minelab...

Just my two cents.

Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets remember Steve is a member here, all Treasurenet rules apply, you can not attack a members character.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
b3y0nd3r --

I think I know what posts you are referring to, from Steve, that "changed your opinion" a bit.

Personally, I cut him some slack, on that. I think what the issue was, is that he has chosen to put some information out there on his forum about the Equinox -- but as a tester bound by an NDA, he needs to be VERY careful about what he says. I think the concern on his part is, if he posts things that he CAN say, and then folks start pasting parts of those words elsewhere, I think he's concerned that the words may get twisted/context might get lost, and he could then find himself in trouble with Minelab. So that, I think, is what caused a bit of that "kerfuffle." I could be wrong, but that's what I chalked it up to.

Steve is a good guy, an honest guy (which he has proven over MANY years), and so I cut him some slack. We all have bad days, and in addition to that, he's in a bit of a difficult position right now, regarding what he can and can't say, until the "shroud of secrecy" that hovers over the Equinox is lifted by Minelab...

Just my two cents.

Steve

My post was deleted for no reason so I will not comment.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post was deleted for no reason so I will not comment.

Your post was deleted because you attacked a member's character.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow attack a reputable review because you do not like the verbiage? That is pretty lame.

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, we are here to talk about the Equinox, I see The detector is IN STOCK in most sales outfits, so why all the secrecy? Is it so those who want the new unit can sell off some of their Not so wanted Units from other companies? The Used sales of Detectors ?? $900 seems to be the average price area for the Equinox so I will wait until there are a few thousand out swinging them, Detecting=Never Rush.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, we are here to talk about the Equinox, I see The detector is IN STOCK in most sales outfits, so why all the secrecy? Is it so those who want the new unit can sell off some of their Not so wanted Units from other companies? The Used sales of Detectors ?? $900 seems to be the average price area for the Equinox so I will wait until there are a few thousand out swinging them, Detecting=Never Rush.
It isn't in stock anywhere, it hadn't been released yet, what your seeing are pre-orders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Apparently the head of minelab imports
has announced (on Facebook) that the first equinoxes will be available in Holland sometime in december. Hope
minelab announces something already.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd still like to see a package price that includes all the coils and other options.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea when they will be available in the US?

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isn't in stock anywhere, it hadn't been released yet, what your seeing are pre-orders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I see that you are correct, therefore== I have Been corrected Gent's and Ladies? With detectors, There is always "The Best" Then all the rest..... BUT, How any detector is used , by whom, and the frequency of use determines much of what is or will be found. ... . . . . . . . . . . . ........ . . . . . . . . . . .............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At this point, probably not going to be a Christmas present under your tree, but I am 100% sure it will be released the day it comes out, not a day sooner or later.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hugh! That's it! It's past your bedtime, nap time now. You and Jeff make a good team. ROFL

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hugh! That's it! It's past your bedtime, nap time now. You and Jeff make a good team. ROFL

You're right, gotta rest up for some relic digging this weekend. :laughing7:

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Guys,

I know I promised I would not post here again but just one last time since this thread was instrumental (though far from alone) in getting me to change my ways.

People are basically in my opinion shooting themselves in the foot with this attitude that nobody remotely related to the industry can be anything but a biased shill. If you guys want early info where else do you expect to get it? But no, we simply can’t be trusted.

It’s really easy to hide who you are and disparage people you know nothing about. I built a very large and very successful business with my partner based on one premise... honesty, integrity, and fair prices. I lived and breathed that my entire life and do so now more than ever. My word is my bond and I would rather rot than sell my integrity for a stupid metal detector.

I therefore after 20 years of reporting am turning down all further requests to test or review metal detectors. It’s been a fun ride but the fun has gone out of it due to all the sniping. I honestly am not angry or bitter about it. I am a very fortunate soul who is living the life I want.

Its all good. All I really wanted to say was that this is not helping anyone. The best minds in the business (and I don’t mean me) are all pulling away and not posting anymore. The trolls are actually winning. If you want access to people who really have deep knowledge in this industry then everyone might consider trying something out. It’s called kindness. It’s called giving people a break. Wow, I poked fun at myself in my article. I did that because I don’t take myself all that seriously. And I get called out for it. That’s how bad it is folks.

Again, I appreciate all the kindness and consideration I have been extended over the years by so many people. Metal detecting and prospecting has been my entire life for going on 50 years now. I have been able to associate with some of the best in the industry, and am thankful for every opportunity I have been offered. I have lived adventures most can only dream of and so it is hard for me to express just how grateful I am for the entirety of it.

For your own benefit though, please consider that this is just metal detecting. It’s not life and death. It’s supposed to be fun. Nobody ever regrets kindness and compassion. Try it out and do a small part to change the direction of online discussion for the better.

My best wishes to you all. Now I really will make my exit.

Sincerely,

Steve Herschbach

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, your reputation is above reproach here, anyone that attacks you for your reviews will find they can lose the ability to post quickly, You are one of the reviewers whose reviews I highly trust. I hope you continue your reviews on various products. Anyone who doesn't like the reviews are not required to read them.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree withe treasures hunter. I'm a nobody who really enjoyed your writings. My favorite was and still is..

Quota By Steve Herschbach
But at the end of the day never forget that metal detecting is very site dependent and so what works well in one location will be lackluster in another. Use what works!

OBN-0001.jpg

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve,

There's certainly more trolls now than when I started here 2013, but they aren't winning. There's no question that they can do damage to a site though, if they are allowed to. With over 130K members here, it's not gonna be easy for the mods to keep tabs on everything all the time. I agree with you that kindness, consideration and respect go a long, long way. This holds true both in real life, and on internet forums where some people think it's perfectly OK to act like jerks. I wish you would reconsider leaving the site, please don't let them get to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread