Relic Hunting with the Equinox

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will see me doing just that hopefully BEFORE the March DIV. Otherwise, I will be live testing it at DIV and baking it off against the Deus. Then I will get my GPX out and actually start recovering relics (lol). IOW no matter what, the PI machines will still rule there even if Minelab hits it out of the park. You can only go so deep with VLF technology, even multi frequency, but it will still be interesting to see how well it will do.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You will see me doing just that hopefully BEFORE the March DIV. Otherwise, I will be live testing it at DIV and baking it off against the Deus. Then I will get my GPX out and actually start recovering relics (lol). IOW no matter what, the PI machines will still rule there even if Minelab hits it out of the park. You can only go so deep with VLF technology, even multi frequency, but it will still be interesting to see how well it will do.

The Deus sucks in Culpeper soil but haven't tried the HF coil.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I don't hunt in culpepper.....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HF coil definitely works better there. I typically use gold field. Snagged a Parrot shell a foot down, suspender clip, small brass buckle and several minies last spring and fall. All my button finds down there have been with the Deus (LF coil). Smokey the Cat just snagged a minie ball down 7 or 8 inches at 74 khz(!) and Deus fast, so it can produce. But it is no GPX obviously and expect the Equinox to provide some advantage with Multi IQ in the mineralized soil (again it will be no PI killer) but may fare better than Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions