chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know...I know.... It's all speculation . Even if the equinox is a lemon I would still like to thank Minelab from the bottom of my heart for lowering the sport detector price and helping to make it a more competitive market overall.

Hopefully the days of overpriced detectors are over.

I see Nokta released the kruzer...just days before the equinox. Im a little confused as to Nokta taking years to release the impact then introducing a waterproof, lighter,cheaper detector a relatively short time later? Did they kill the impact just as the racer 2 killed the racer1?

Im really looking forward to seeing all the testing of these units and some head to heads.

Im actually leaning toward the 600 but will see if the 800 is worth the extra $.

Chub

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chub, don't purchase them to test them. Find a dealer, even if you have to drive a few hundred miles to do it. The "testing" part can get expensive real fast.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Equinox 600 on order (already have gold nugget machines). I am really looking forward to using it in the wet sand on Long Island. I have New York State 2018 State Park Permit #5 and a low tide attitude! :skullflag:

Attachments

• JBRippers.png
    JBRippers.png
    5 MB · Views: 208

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Equinox 600 on order (already have gold nugget machines). I am really looking forward to using it in the wet sand on Long Island. I have New York State 2018 State Park Permit #5 and a low tide attitude! :skullflag:

I'm diggin the logo!!!!!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you summed it up, chub. The Kruzer is, from all I can tell, exactly that -- a lighter-weight, cheaper, waterproof Impact. That's why it didn't take long to release, as far as I can tell. NOT that there's anything wrong with it being "just a waterproof Impact." I hear the Impact is quite a good machine. I'm simply saying that that's why I think they were able to get it out so quick (and yes, Minelab has "lit a fire" under the rear ends of any manufacturer who wishes to stay "in the game.")

I personally think multi-frequency is the near-term future of detecting (until something better comes along -- like a PI unit with true discrimination). Single frequency is becoming...hmm...let me find a different word than that apparently offensive word that Minelab chose... passe?

Steve

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too little, too late. If this "K" was released a year ago, they might have snagged me (and then I would have been having buyer's remose for the Equinox now). Lol. I will likely never consider another single frequency detector as a future purchase.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too little, too late. If this "K" was released a year ago, they might have snagged me (and then I would have been having buyer's remose for the Equinox now). Lol. I will likely never consider another single frequency detector as a future purchase.

But wouldnt loyal impact buyers be feeling a little disappointed?

Chub

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing 2 detectors that have not even been in any owners hand yet? :dontknow: There isn't even any testers reviews posted on the forums on the Kruzier yet that I have found, only "I heard that".

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing 2 detectors that have not even been in any owners hand yet? :dontknow: There isn't even any testers reviews posted on the forums on the Kruzier yet that I have found, only "I heard that".

Well sir if we can’t swing ‘em we might as well discuss their specs in your discussion forum while we are waiting. Lol.

I don’t have to swing these detectors to be able to read objective published specs and: 1) to know that I am essentially looking at a repackaged Impact (and totally applaud Nokta for doing so) and 2) to know that fast, affordable simultaneous multi frequency generally trumps selectable discrete frequency technology. The Gold Kruzer is compelling because the competition at this price point is not generally running at that frequency. But that doesn’t change my personal overall “too little, too late” assessment opinion.

If real world testing and reviews don’t bear this out, it will be the upset victory of 2018 and some prominent and trusted detectotists who have put their reps on the line for the Equinox are going to lose a lot of credibility.

Last edited:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here unless you can switch from SIM Multi to single like the NOX.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I could be wrong, but I would have thought Nokta would be putting that feature in big bold letters but something tells me it’s merely updated Impact tech. An awesome single selectable frequency detector in its own right, but...

Update: Confirmed that the Multi Kruzer is discrete independent multi frequency and not simultaneous multifrequency (a la Equinox). Forum rules preclude me from posting the relevant link.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where does this leave the rest of the nokta range? The Velox, Fors etc.? Mostly obselete bar the higher frequency machines?
Is it just me or does it seem that the Nokta / Makro hobby detectors ALL seem to be very good mid level machines with a similar pricepoint. Therefore competing with themselves? Or re using the same or similar tech and spreading the product line a bit thin? Seriously who would go into the shop... look at the Nokta range.... then pick up the oddly styled 1.8kg Fors core with side display and think ...$60 more for a waterproof lightweight machine with beach mode and a choice of frequencies....hmmm ...I'll take the Fors core.

The minelab range (even with the pending equinox release) still seem to have kept a coherent hierarchy with bottom ,mid and top end machines. I spoke to my nearest Minelab dealer and he tells me all the interest is for the 800. The dealer 'imagines the xterra range will possibly be discontinued and that the go find will possibly stay.

Still wondering how other brands will defend thier products such as the MX sport etc. I did see Noktas sales tag 'obsolete? lets get real' as a direct challenge to Minelab?
Anyway, as I said before, so looking fwd to some shootouts with the CTX, Safari etc aswell as the single frequency machines

Chub

Last edited:

tjarrett

Jan 14, 2016
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m so interested and waiting for the conformation that the 800 performs like it’s being hyped... I want to upgrade my BH land ranger pro

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A year ago I still thought of the nokta impact, and the macro racer 2 as brand new
introductions to the detector market, but now we have the kruzer lineup and of course now the equinox (I have an 800 on order which is the first time I'm getting a new detector at the time of release. Don't forget that other manufacturers are soon
or currently introducing new detectors-some uniquely new, and some are upgraded
models of existing models. Of the current offerings, the equinox is to me the most
exciting, and given all the new stuff out there, the unexpectedly modest pricing of
The equinox makes a lot more sense now than it did at first. 2018 will be a great year
to see head to head comparisons, and for detecting in general

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm wanting to see real depth test results in All modes multi and single. I know a lot of factors effect depth but not a word yet from Minelab like on the CTX 3030. And I realize the price difference but "Come on Man". Good luck everyone.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depth isn't everything (to me at least). Being able to separate in high trash is also a great characteristic and with the high recovery speed of the Equinox, Minelab is bringing multifrequency AND fast recovery in a single package. No one is doing that. Also, not saying the Equinox won't be deep, it will but I would rather have a fast deep machine rather than a the deepest slow[er] machine, but that's just what I want. Every detectorist has their own set of requirements.

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depth isn't the main thing for me either . Target info and working well in the salt and iron are .
As for Macro Kruzer tests . There are a few on Youtube and 1 or 2 are in the salt wet beach .
I am buying 2 Equinox 800 and maybe later in the year i will get the Kruzer but that depends on my mates thoughts on his when he gets 1 on Monday.

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive asked before on the forum....how do these turkish machines appear to do so well in wet salt despite the single frequency? They appear to blow my old 17 frequency sovereign into the weeds.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread