Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testers have said that the speed adjustment does affect depth, and I can fit the CTX in my backpack with only a few inches of that lower rod sticking out, so I'm confident this will fit much better. I'll be glad to be able to pack for a trip without pulling out the largest suitcase I own just to fit the detector in!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a guy on eBay that makes a metal detector folding mechanism and provides an instruction video. Initially, he offered for Garrett at pro but now available for fisher f75 which was done on mine. I will be installing one on my equinox so it will fold in half and fit in a tall backpack or duffle bag. There is no disassembly The coil flips up and the detector folds and locks in half about 28" length. It's the ultimate for portability. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517094848.955449.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Forum rules prevent me from posting the link to the video but I observed a couple vacationing in Hawaii (not Dr. Tones) who brought TWO (!) completely disassembled Equinox's to the beach in a larger than average backpack, the stem containing the faceplate controller being literally "the long pole". The video showed complete assembly at the beach including reattaching the coil and armrest which took all of 2 minutes total from machine in pieces to complete assembly and turning the machine on.

2. As you increase the recovery speed adjustment, you should see the classic tradeoff with an increasing ability to separate targets with a decreasing ability to pick up and discern weak,short target signal blips which indirectly translates into depth capability.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread