Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note to all: QUICKLY purchase the not included chargers, you will need them, they will come in real handy. I have extra chargers for my detectors, and they are worth the money.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note to all: QUICKLY purchase the not included chargers, you will need them, they will come in real handy. I have extra chargers for my detectors, and they are worth the money.

what chargers are you talking about that arent included?

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

External chargers? Or Minelabs specific accessories?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab specific, they are mentioned in the owner's manual as optional equipment. I didn't read the whole manual in great detail, but went through the first half and they were talking about the standard charger, plus a standard AC charger, one for 12 volt from a car and another emergency type.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minelab specific, they are mentioned in the owner's manual as optional equipment.

Those come with the machine! Just because you can buy extras doesnt mean the detector doesnt come with chargers.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it has a charger. And it has additional optional charging options.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks can it seems use Lipro packs to charge or run the detector. The internal battery will do folks for a while. 12 hours is a long time. Not even daylight that long now.
Should be the least of one's worries.
Studying up on the manual is what we all should be doing, then when we actually get our units all we do is assemble and charge and off to the races.

Hopefully accessories like smaller coil, waterproof headphones, etc will become priced and available.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those come with the machine! Just because you can buy extras doesnt mean the detector doesnt come with chargers.

Everyone needs to refer to page 5 of manual.
I don't think Minelab provides actual charging device with detector model packages.
The charging cable(s) provided with each of the packages cannot be plugged into house power by themselves.
So you will need a device for charging.
Refer to manual for actual requirements as well as charge time advantages depending on exactly the specs for the device you do use.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone needs to refer to page 5 of manual.
I don't think Minelab provides actual charging device with detector model packages.
The charging cable(s) provided with each of the packages cannot be plugged into house power by themselves.
So you will need a device for charging.
Refer to manual for actual requirements as well as charge time advantages depending on exactly the specs for the device you do use.

Yeah I figured that out later, I'm still a bit perplexed how they package a detector without a charging power supply. I'm willing to forgive a lot of things but THAT is just a stupid decision. At least they're cheap and available in many places.

In other news.... as I have been reading and digesting my way through the manual I have noticed that they went with a VCO style of pinpointing along with an auto-ratcheting feature. I'm not a fan of that and wish we would have at least had the option of a "sizing pinpoint" (to borrow the term from the CTX).

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I figured that out later, I'm still a bit perplexed how they package a detector without a charging power supply. I'm willing to forgive a lot of things but THAT is just a stupid decision. At least they're cheap and available in many places.

In other news.... as I have been reading and digesting my way through the manual I have noticed that they went with a VCO style of pinpointing along with an auto-ratcheting feature. I'm not a fan of that and wish we would have at least had the option of a "sizing pinpoint" (to borrow the term from the CTX).

I think this is the reason why.
Cost and if provided would have made packages more bulky.

Different countries have different power receptacle configs /voltage.
So having to include a charger with all adapters really when you think about not practical.
All the adapters that come with CTX I paid for, and will never ever use.

I beleive iPad mini charger will work.
Other common opens folks have already too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any USB wall charger will work, they can be bought for $4-$6.00 from Walmart, Target, gas stations etc. Just my opinion, most likely Minelab left them out to avoid having multiple wall outlet chargers for different countries since any USB wall charger or USB car charger will work including a computer USB port.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter there is no way in perdition I would spend that kind of money on a machine and then go get some off brand charger. Get the best you can get. Some of those things are junk. And I would buy an extra cable or two. Those little things have a way of getting lost, wet, slammed in car doors, left at hotels, and all that. (I should know.)

Note to self: Leaving a nice machine in the car for a few hours to charge is a good way to have it stolen, so guys, think ahead.

Last edited:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note to self: Leaving a nice machine in the car for a few hours to charge is a good way to have it stolen, so guys, think ahead.

Just charge the battery not the whole unit and for Goodness sakes do t lave it on the car seat or dash shove it under the seat.

34A90690-A11E-4D78-950A-97061962A403.jpeg

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is the reason why.
Cost and if provided would have made packages more bulky.

Different countries have different power receptacle configs /voltage.
So having to include a charger with all adapters really when you think about not practical.
All the adapters that come with CTX I paid for, and will never ever use.

I beleive iPad mini charger will work.
Other common opens folks have already too.

Nope, they have a universal 4-way charger in the extras for sale. No reason why they couldn't pack one in the box

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keeping down the price? Beats me. Although I don't buy a detector that comes with a hat, a t shirt, a plastic scoop, etc. Now THAT's a waste of money for most of us as we already have those goodies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter there is no way in perdition I would spend that kind of money on a machine and then go get some off brand charger. Get the best you can get. Some of those things are junk. And I would buy an extra cable or two. Those little things have a way of getting lost, wet, slammed in car doors, left at hotels, and all that. (I should know.)

Smoky, any usb charger will work, I use a $8 USB wall charger to charge my Note 8 cellphone and the Note 8 isn't cheap.

I just found Minelab lists an Equinox car and wall charger on their site, but no prices. Have to ask dealers for price.

2-Way USB Car Charger

Handy 2-way USB charger that plugs into a standard car charging socket*so you can charge on the go.

Part No.*3011-0375

4-Way Universal AC Charger

A four-way USB AC charger with universal plug pack.

Part No.*3011-0374

https://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series#sec321929

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lets say you are out detecting far away from any electricity so you need to charge the Minelab Equinox.
I can't find this any were for sale and i got it with the Tachyon video camera and have used it on car cameras and it works great.

I can carry the camera around for hours. battery pack 005.JPG battery pack 001.JPG battery pack 004.JPG battery pack 006.JPG battery pack 007.JPG

It has an on and off switch with a light to show it is on. So the Equinox battery is dead and you have this along and the USB charger cable along. Just hook it up and tie it to the bottom of the Equinox and your ready to go.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter, I just got a new cell phone a few weeks ago. The guy at the Apple store was commenting about the lack of quality of those cheap usb chargers we buy as extras, and how they are not suitable for the Iphone. No, he did not need to sell me one of theirs because it came with one I was surprised at his comments. If it were me, I'd stick with Minelab's products for their machines.

Those $8 chargers are pretty much junk. What I've noticed recently on them is they don't last long either.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter, I just got a new cell phone a few weeks ago. The guy at the Apple store was commenting about the lack of quality of those cheap usb chargers we buy as extras, and how they are not suitable for the Iphone. No, he did not need to sell me one of theirs because it came with one I was surprised at his comments. If it were me, I'd stick with Minelab's products for their machines.

Those $8 chargers are pretty much junk. What I've noticed recently on them is they don't last long either.

Yep, my wife carries them in her car and is constantly buying new ones because they die so fast. I still can't believe ML would ship a detector without a power supply to charge from. Hell, the CTX comes with a wall and car charger and the charge base has changeable plugs for use in most areas of the world. They even have them for the EQX but just decided not to include them. Stupid, boneheaded decision in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread