Good timing for an Equinox shipment

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is one of those 200.... i was at Kellyco today (i love that place)... had to get new headphones for my X-Terra and some other stuff... seems like every time i go over there i spend a lot of money, but i'm worth it.. :)

Dealers were supposed to get word today from Minelab on initial shipment dates and how many would be allocated to them in this initial shipment. So...did you ask anyone at Kellyco if there was any news on when they were expecting the initial shipment to arrive?

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dealer got his info he is getting 1 Equinox Detector.
I am guessing some dealers are staying on the down low so people don't cancel like I did.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My dealer got his info he is getting 1 Equinox Detector.
I am guessing some dealers are staying on the down low so people don't cancel like I did.

One, for himself to play around with. This should get very interesting.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen this posted on the EQ FB page. Looks pretty bleak as UK dealers are suppose to get their stock a week or two before the US.

"
Just Received from LP. I think we saw this coming?

Good afternoon,

Firstly thank you for registering your interest in the Minelab Equinox with LP Metal Detecting.

We have now received our first delivery schedule from Minelab in regard to shipping quantities and expected delivery dates.

Unfortunately it is the news we feared we may have to share... The quantity of stock arriving in to the U.K. early next week is incredibly small, so much so we are receiving only a fraction of the units that we have ordered on the first delivery. This is an issue that the whole dealer network is facing whilst Minelab try their hardest to keep up with the huge demand in this new product.

As we are receiving such a small allocation of our order we will unfortunately not be able to provide you with the machine you desire at this time.

Minelab are hopeful that all outstanding units we have ordered will be fulfilled over the coming weeks (this may be in multiple smaller batches). At this time we do not know exact dates of further deliveries coming to us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss around this, that isn't specifically answered in this email, please feel free to call us on 01635 XXXXXX (Monday to Saturday 09:30-17:00) and we will do our best to answer these questions for you.

We will continue to keep you fully informed of any news we receive from Minelab and thank you for your continued patience whilst we await healthy supply of the machine you can't wait to get your hands on."

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine today but will hold off on using it so I don't make the rest of you jealous.. I didn't even open the box.. So when I hear the rest of you are receiving them I will break down and use it.. Serial # 829-5470

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got mine today but will hold off on using it so I don't make the rest of you jealous.. I didn't even open the box.. So when I hear the rest of you are receiving them I will break down and use it.. Serial # 829-5470

Pics or BAN! Lol

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hes lying. I saw the box. The serial number is #867-5309. Shame on you for lying!

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hes lying. I saw the box. The serial number is #867-5309. Shame on you for lying!

LOL @ Jason.

Seriously, Normsel. You are the very first person I have heard of to actually receive one...

HOW have you been patient enough to not even open it, yet?!?!

Steve

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL @ Jason.

Seriously, Normsel. You are the very first person I have heard of to actually receive one...

Steve

Because he got a brand new CTX to go along with it. (Not kidding).

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL @ Jason.

Steve

Is this kind of like waiting for company to show up before you eat the meal you prepared for them?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't but ten minutes ago I had a private msg asking me about that detector... that until that msg I never even knew existed.

Just left the Kco site reading about it.

Interested in your "review" once you get it.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a 600 so it could go good or bad.. I could get it sooner since fewer were ordered, or I could get it later because it's "lower priority".

: |

Good news, is I already have the equinox waterproof headphones. Those arrived today!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a 600 so it could go good or bad.. I could get it sooner since fewer were ordered, or I could get it later because it's "lower priority".

: |

Good news, is I already have the equinox waterproof headphones. Those arrived today!

Where did you order those? And how much were they? ML hasn't even put any accessory price or availabilty information on their accessories page.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The old law of supply and demand. Demand is outpacing supply right now. Minelab should have anticipated this. You hype something like they have this machine, they ought to have known it would be in unprecedented high demand.

Glad I haven't ordered yet. I have been waiting for head to head matchups, and for that reason, I am anxious for you guys to get your machines. Hopefully it will be soon............

Jan 17, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dealers were supposed to get word today from Minelab on initial shipment dates and how many would be allocated to them in this initial shipment. So...did you ask anyone at Kellyco if there was any news on when they were expecting the initial shipment to arrive?

yes i did ask and was told that they didn't have a clue when the shipment would arrive. I forgot to ask how many on order but i will probably go back next week. Hopefully they will have answers by then. The salesman wasn't the guy that i usually deal with (Stevie Ray was off)

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...or waiting til your wedding night...

Yeah, that analogy will go over well with the Missus. Honey, you remind of a metal detector...a very alluring metal detector. Oops, I think I just threw up into my mouth.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread