All Treasure Hunting

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us all know how they perform when you get them. Just might see one in my future too...:hello2:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Despite Minelab’s announcement it may be awhile before dealers actually have them in their hands.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on sharing my experiences with my 800 model unit after it arrives.
Need to unlock this pup and fast.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tn any news from your dealer on when?

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tn any news from your dealer on when?
Nothing concrete.
But units I think could be dropped shipped from warehouse cutting actual wait time vs having units set to dealers then on to customers.
Actual whichever folks posesses numbers wise, could be what I call a salt shaker thingy. Dealers will get likely only so many allocations filled, and I don't expect this allocation to fill all preorders for all dealers.

So units may be dispersed say through the USA, and as time passes this more wide dispersion, the gaps will close with time as more and more units are put into the pipelines.

I don't think some folks realize just how big the demand is on the units and just how big a monster this is from a logistics stanpoint. This also may be why we haven't thus far heard anything about accessories. Minelab is having to focus all efforts on just standard package requirements for the 600 and 800 model units.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just called and talked to kellyco contact, they have no word on date of arrival as of yet on their shipment of Equinox, they do have over 200 pre-orders plus additional stock ordered.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the Equinox?

J/K......I really can't wait to see real world user reviews!

Roundness

Apr 27, 2013
La Vergne, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pinpointer II, Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys correct me if I am wrong, but it is Minelab's version of the XP Deus only new and improved..

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
95FA8520-B12C-481A-B56A-0500517C3401.jpeg

I think that these pallets were at the Minelab Warehouse, I see pallets on the shelves for the Gold Monster and many pallets of Equinox ready to hit freight shipping with one waiting to be sealed

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High VDI, the Equinox is the end all of metal detectors and is so smart, you can stay at home and it will detect for you. But in real life, it is Minelab's attempt to dethrone the Garrett AT series machines, and perhaps some of the other mid priced machines out there. Similar price, lots of similarities, internal configuration is different, a total unknown except for the hype out there on it, and the paid demo promos. Should be a good machine for sure, doubt if it will walk on water.

Shipping time: 1 week or more to get to the dealers, if you are near a dealer with one available you could probably pick one up if they ordered enough, if not, one preordered for shipment I would expect them to arrive not later than February 18, assuming standard ground delivery to the US. During blizzard season. Here in Maryland we are WAY overdue.

I want to see a head to head comparison to some of the better known machines out there. I have two good machines right now and since I'm not water hunting, probably won't buy one. I'll have a friend test one out with me next month in the horrible Virginia red dirt. In that case, if it's good there, I'll get one.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most Minelab detectors are shipped from a warehouse in Michigan no matter who you buy from. You place the order with whom ever you buy your detectors from and they send the order and your info to the distributions warehouse and it's shipped from there. Other than a few for walk in sales most dealers don't stock many detectors.

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For now, you can read the user manual and see what the machine is all about. Looks very interesting with the detect modes and the search modes.
Advanced setting to adjust sensitivity, tone pitch, and discrimination.. Plus is multi frequency.... better target id and depth... we will see.... sounds like a winner...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normsel is correct, most local dealers don't carry a big inventory. There are exceptions however. Just a matter of finding who has what you want.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
High VDI, the Equinox is the end all of metal detectors and is so smart, you can stay at home and it will detect for you. But in real life, it is Minelab's attempt to dethrone the Garrett AT series machines, and perhaps some of the other mid priced machines out there. Similar price, lots of similarities, internal configuration is different, a total unknown except for the hype out there on it, and the paid demo promos. Should be a good machine for sure, doubt if it will walk on water.

Shipping time: 1 week or more to get to the dealers, if you are near a dealer with one available you could probably pick one up if they ordered enough, if not, one preordered for shipment I would expect them to arrive not later than February 18, assuming standard ground delivery to the US. During blizzard season. Here in Maryland we are WAY overdue.

I want to see a head to head comparison to some of the better known machines out there. I have two good machines right now and since I'm not water hunting, probably won't buy one. I'll have a friend test one out with me next month in the horrible Virginia red dirt. In that case, if it's good there, I'll get one.

I thought for sure it would charge itself at least!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait until Terry report before purchasing a detector.

If you haven't already preordered, you will likely have to wait anyway because Minelab probably won't be able to fill even the preorders on the initial shipment. It's alteady a blockbuster just based on the preorder volume.

Jan 17, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
ProFind 35
Minelab Equinox 800 (just sold)
Minelab Vanquish 540
ProFind 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just called and talked to kellyco contact, they have no word on date of arrival as of yet on their shipment of Equinox, they do have over 200 pre-orders plus additional stock ordered.
Mine is one of those 200.... i was at Kellyco today (i love that place)... had to get new headphones for my X-Terra and some other stuff... seems like every time i go over there i spend a lot of money, but i'm worth it.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread