Equinox 800 box opening/air test

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it ID's nice pretty much to the end of detection. If it's close to the same in the soil should be a deep seeker.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it ID's nice pretty much to the end of detection. If it's close to the same in the soil should be a deep seeker.

Park mode settings, can some settings be adjusted and possibly squeeze a tad more depth??

I have read a few reports wrote by this one tester. (Speculation by me here) Equinox may be the best turn and go detector made. Meaning use factory detect modes, and hunt and get very near peak performance across the board.

Come Monday when I get my unit.
The big shakedown commences.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Park mode settings, can some settings be adjusted and possibly squeeze a tad more depth??

I have read a few reports wrote by this one tester. (Speculation by me here) Equinox may be the best turn and go detector made. Meaning use factory detect modes, and hunt and get very near peak performance across the board.

Come Monday when I get my unit.
The big shakedown commences.

Can't wait for the results! I don't know for sure but I thought that was one of the perks of the equinox was the simplicity? Choose your mode, sens. and get moving.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait for the results! I don't know for sure but I thought that was one of the perks of the equinox was the simplicity? Choose your mode, sens. and get moving.

If this turn and go pans out.
Flood gates will open as far as new and newer detectorist buying!!!!!
Not like the flood gates aren't open now, but even more if a person can believe!!

Need to see/ get some salt water/beach reports. If they are very good for vlf detector,,,again sales will definitely increase.

Remember, Minelab evidently didn't want very much actual video footage shown pre release by testers. Some folks think this is because Equinox is a dud. But is it?

The thing is the detecting world seems was and still is captured even without very many pre release videos.

So could videos now done by purchasers in coming days, extend this capture period. As long as the Equinox is NOT a dud.

And we know what's coming don't we?
At Max vs MX Sport vs Equinox vs Deus you tube videos.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread