GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I missing something here?

Repectfully, you are missing the perspective of others. That is the key, to view things through the prizm of others.

In my case, I'm a man who lives pay check to pay check. I sold my AT Pro in the fall, knowing i'd have the winter to find a replacement. Along comes the Equinox 600. Get this, i'm a Vet and Kellyco offers a 15% military discount, which brings my total to $550!!!!. For $550, I get: Waterproof, wireless headphone capable, multi and simultaneous frequency, lightweight, 11" coil(I'm a field hunter), full control over parameters, minelab's reputation, back light etc. Sure, i'd love a Dues or CTX3030, but my funds don't allow it, so from my perspective to have something for 550.00 that has the potential to at least give more expensive rivals a run for their money, I'm in. So if you know a better offering for $550 or less, by all means, let me know and i'll take a serious look at it!

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, everybody take a breath. Yes, some have the new toy. And it's great to play with it. So dump the air test, dump the stuff on top of the ground or concrete tests. Play with the machine a few days, or a week or two. Take it into a nasty place you've dug and see what you get. Live digs, real targets.

I'm tired of the hype, and if someone needs to be the first one to post a video showing not much of anything, it is not going to persuade a long time detectorist into buying anything. It may snag a newbie, but, with that said, there will be a lot of these on the market in 6 months due to snap purchase decisions. I WAS impressed with one in the salt water, however. It seemed really stable.

It's not who posts the first videos who wins.....

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I wonder if the holes were filled right. Time to take pics of my stuff from today. Not found with an Equinox.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Troll's posts deleted.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the video - Id's looked jumpy and this should be something folks pay attention to in other videos to see if it is an Equinox thing, a user thing, or a site thing, user needs to learn to use pinpoint function and to noise cancel properly (coil needs to be in the air not grounded), and Park 1 would favor high conductors more and reject low-mid conductive trash better. But, hey, he found a ring on the first target.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comments removed, they were "meh" anyway.

Last edited:

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video!! I don’t understand why people are bashing this video. All I can see is you were out trying your new machine and it looked like it did great! It didn’t seem to me that you were trying to get people to buy this machine. I agree with you if you don’t like the video don’t watch it! Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for braving the cold to show it to us. Take care. Rudy

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The video itself was fine. The Equinox acted like most of the other same priced detectors on the market. Time will tell. People need to play with them in their worst sites to see if they can pull out items "between the lines". Toys get expensive, I should know.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The video itself was fine. The Equinox acted like most of the other same priced detectors on the market. Time will tell. People need to play with them in their worst sites to see if they can pull out items "between the lines". Toys get expensive, I should know.

HAHAH I would bet most of us have 2-3 detectors currently, and most have probably owned more than 5 in the past.. then some of us really sick addicted folks have had more than 20 machines through the years! LOL

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two right now. Most I've ever had at one time was 3.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tired this machine when they launched it in England in September for a bit, and maybe it was because I had just finished detecting 2 days in a row at 9 hours each, but I found it to be a bit nose heavy.

Don't get me wrong it's still a pretty light machine compared to my CTX, but I just wasn't expecting that.

How did you find it when you used it?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ozarks, I can't figure out how to swing more than 1 at a time. I know, it's a horrible thing!

Geobound, I tried the Equinox at a NJ outing in the fall, it IS nose heavy. I saw it at the beginning of the competitive hunt so my arms were not tired at the time I tried it. Someone once mentioned putting a counterbalance on the other end. That would defeat the whole purpose of a light weight machine.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tones seem kind of muddled.....Wonder if that is an adjustable feature?

Probably totally different through a pair of headphones too. Definitely questionable on the ID for such shallow targets.....especially for a machine to supposedly be accurate with that. Can't wait to see more vids and different hunting locations and conditions.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the video! :icon_thumleft:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange it would be nose heavy with people posting the coil is buoyant in water.

Ozarks, I can't figure out how to swing more than 1 at a time. I know, it's a horrible thing!

Geobound, I tried the Equinox at a NJ outing in the fall, it IS nose heavy. I saw it at the beginning of the competitive hunt so my arms were not tired at the time I tried it. Someone once mentioned putting a counterbalance on the other end. That would defeat the whole purpose of a light weight machine.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High VDI, excellent comments. It's a wait and see thing.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright,
I can think of different sites and scenarios I would like to try Equinox in.

No one officially has said Equinox will trump fbs series, quite the opposite actually.

Equinox is waterproof and weighs near 3 pounds.
So if a person is looking for light weight and waterproof, you have a few choices.

A waterproof detector can come in handy besides using in streams, lakes and oceans.
When hunting when weather is threatening, especially in a more remote location. Even using during drizzling rain or even snow and sleet.

We don't have a good pic of Equinox performance yet.

We will with time.

And some folks may like or find more or less beneficial to them for detecting purposes.

Equinox is the cheapest waterproof multi freq available.

I will keep an open mind when using mine. To try and see its tendencies in certain situations.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread