IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VDI...the recurring theme about FBS and nail board tests is that in very few,if any,of the nail board tests I’ve seen conducted(which is a total of one) is that they are being conducted on a floor,on concrete,etc. In other words,no soil present for the machine to balance against. I will ASSURE you that FBS is quite capable of finding coins mixed with nails of all sorts and sizes at all depths in all kinds of soil. I personally have done it with the Explorer2 and the CTX,coil size didn’t matter. As long as the discrimination is open enough to allow for the high Ferrous reading you will get in such a situation,they will do it without question.
The tech is obviously different in the Equinox,but I’ll lay out a guess that it also will need soil/some sort of matrix to balance against for optimum performance. FBS in particular doesn’t find targets with speed,it finds them with processing. Perhaps the Equinox will use both...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vferrari and I are going to be doing a head to head test in VERY hot ground that has been pounded for 50 years. I'll be using the Deus. This is one of those if your machine beats mine, I'll buy one of those things. It will be a month from now but this will be the test of the ages. Real dirt, dug out spot, good machines, experienced detectorists. The mineralization of the ground normally runs 85-87 on my meter. And it's full of hot rocks containing iron, gold, and other annoying minerals.

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,
I have tested and used Equinox some now. Even done some comparisons to Deus.
Equinox is no slouch- Believe me!

OP
OP
HighVDI

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well,
I have tested and used Equinox some now. Even done some comparisons to Deus.
Equinox is no slouch- Believe me!

Every single detector in your avatar is considered deep. I don't disbelieve you at all!

I know all these tests will be done before long it was just one thay popped into my head.....but from the sounds of it......really doesn't mean anything until some soil is introduced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread