Equinox 800 this Thursday!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already have two detectors, if the Equinox works well when Vferrari do a head to head test, I'll get one. For me, the wild undulation of the tones I've seen on the net will kill its use in my one Civil War sites, my best site. It would be uncontrollable, unless I missed something in the manual for the settings. I don't water hunt, too old and too chicken, and most cats don't especially like water:laughing7:

All told my best finds were with Tesoro Cibola's and the older style Tesoro Lobo. In a park these two wouldn't be my first choice, but hey, everybody needs to dig the mid tones to avoid missing the gold. HATE those aluminum screw caps!

I'll try to get the CW items here up in a bit. Still can't move from yesterday.

I agree. I'd be very interested in a 2 tone version on the Nox that I know is available. I hunt more on old ground than anything and tend to dig everything above iron anyways. Too many tones just makes me audio fatigued. Im also a huge Tesoro fan. Most good finds with my Tejon have been spots my f75 had been over many times and usually they came out of the hole with pieces of iron....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you HighVDI. I only run three tones on the Deus. Those percussion caps 1-3" down yesterday were a trip in that disgusting red ground. They were half icky mid tones, that's mainly what we look for down there in VA. Mid tones. I have tried a few Minelabs in the field, a couple years ago. That constant up down way high, no low, no high no now middle now...of for goodness sake dig the thing! up and down with it's tones was a real turn off. The noise and the weight of the two I tried just turned ME off. I like the Deus and the Tesoros 'cause they run silent, run deep.

The Minelab tones reminded me of being on a roller coaster. I personally couldn't take it, so didn't buy either one.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Smokey, Congrat's to you on some nice CW finds and saves. We'll Done. Everywhere I read of folks using the Deus they both have good luck with em' and lovem'.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokey, Congrat's to you on some nice CW finds and saves. We'll Done. Everywhere I read of folks using the Deus they both have good luck with em' and lovem'.

I've noticed no matter what hobby or sport you are into there's always a large group who love to hate the big dog product......no matter how well it works.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that was fast. Ordered it from Cabela's last Thursday. It said 4-7 business days. I said yeah right. Damn if they weren't telling the truth.

Got my tracking number earlier this evening. Checked the UPS website just now and it's in Illinois and is scheduled for delivery on the 16th.

I thought there was a waiting list a mile long for these things.

Way to go, man!

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, man!
Thanks man. Hope you get yours soon. Hope they're all they've cracked up to be. Haven't heard too many complaints from first-time users yet. Gotta love new technology huh?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. Hope you get yours soon. Hope they're all they've cracked up to be. Haven't heard too many complaints from first-time users yet. Gotta love new technology huh?

It will definitely be solid. Question is will it be groundbreaking. Preordered since October and still waiting. Glad ML has figured out how to equitably distribute the first production units. :tongue3: Give us a Deus vs. EQ report when you can! You're the first Deus expert user that I know who has one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will definitely be solid. Question is will it be groundbreaking. Preordered since October and still waiting. Glad ML has figured out how to equitably distribute the first production units. :tongue3: Give us a Deus vs. EQ report when you can! You're the first Deus expert user that I know who has one.
Lol, does one ever truly become an expert when it comes to either the Deus or to women? Both are mysterious, dark and deep.

I won't have too much time to mess around with it today because I work 2nd shift, and tomorrow I'm planning on going in as well, but maybe either tomorrow morning before work or Sunday morning I can get out there and see how it acts.

Hoping she's a keeper...

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please go mess around with it.
If I even get it this weekend. It seems the UPS guy doesn't know how to find my place all of a sudden. Not like he hasn't delivered here a hundred times before. Probably some kid who figures since it's Friday, he can knock off a little early if he skips a few deliveries. Since I'm stuck at work, I've got my son trying to get things worked out for me.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laidback4sho, it still might come tonight. My UPS sometimes doesn't get here until after 7 pm.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laidback4sho, it still might come tonight. My UPS sometimes doesn't get here until after 7 pm.
No such luck. The tracking details stated that the address was wrong and that it was headed back to the UPS facility.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief. It's always something it seems. You might have to take off work next week to play with it. New toys are FUN to play with, I should know.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it. My son had to go pick it up for me. Guess I'll be able to see it soon. C'mon midnight...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! I have problems intercepting shipments I have to sign for. Reports of performance are necessary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread