Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Official Equinox Headphone Thread

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2009
    7143 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    ........ I am thinking of a kludge setup where I put the WM08 module in one of those waterproof cell phone bags that has a short mini-connector pigtail within the bag that I can hook to the WM08 and then you can hook a pair of waterproof earbuds or headphones to the waterproof mini-jack that exits the bag.
    That would be a great work-around until true WP phones come about. You would be limited to about 3 feet deep water without submerging the control head and losing the BT signal, but you could get out into it. At least you could be in the surf without fear of rogue waves or drops.
    vferrari likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    Equinox 800,CTX with Coiltek 14x9 coil, T-Rex scoop and ATPro
    896 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Here is a pic of my modded EQ to CTX adapter. Not completely finished with it yet due to no EQ in my possesion yetClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180218_092506.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	1552048

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Tesoro : Lobo Super Traq - Vaquero - Bandido Umax - XP Deus - Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excallibur - Fisher Goldbug Pro Teknetics Omega 8000
    200 times
    i'm wondering if it's posssible to use the wireless Deteknix headphones (that i already have, one with the small plug) on the Minelab Equinox 600 or do you need a special connector for it ?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4190 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter67 View Post
    i'm wondering if it's posssible to use the wireless Deteknix headphones (that i already have, one with the small plug) on the Minelab Equinox 600 or do you need a special connector for it ?
    You probably can but mounting the transmitter on the Equinox might be awkward. Instead, just get an inexpensive set if APTX LL BT headphones (anywhere from $30 to $50US). You could even try a set of regular ver 4.X BT (bluetooth) headphones or APT X BT headphones (i.e., non-LL or non low latency rated) you may have lying around to see if the lag makes a difference.

WM08 module has the least lag (not supplied with the 600) (<< 40ms)

APT X LL BT has the next least lag (~40ms) (LL = low latency) followed by...

APT X BT (~ 180ms) followed by...

Ver 4.x BT @ ~250 ms
    Last edited by vferrari; Feb 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

be
    Oct 2016
    Belgium
    Tesoro : Lobo Super Traq - Vaquero - Bandido Umax - XP Deus - Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab Excallibur - Fisher Goldbug Pro Teknetics Omega 8000
    200 times
    Thanks for useful information. By the way, looking awkward is no problem for me. My nr.1 detector is still the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq . People looking at me all the time as if i'm using equipment from the stone ages when i use the Lobo.
    sprailroad likes this.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1235 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerManagement View Post
    Just use the CTX Koss ones or the GGA..

I just made up an adapter and all set to go.... Attachment 1551349
    What fitting is that for the male side of the adapter?
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2006
    Suwanee, Georgia
    Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Explorer II , Fisher F75 LTD
    73 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerManagement View Post
    Just use the CTX Koss ones or the GGA..

I just made up an adapter and all set to go.... Attachment 1551349
    You made the Equinox connector right? Used a PG7 strain relief and a 3.5mm / 1/8" male headphone cable.

Real connector looks like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Equinox Headphone connector.bmp 
Views:	50 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	1552635  

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    896 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I have 4 of those ML adapters ordered already to modify with the CTX headphones. I am going to rethread the pg7 strain relief to the metric 12mm threads as a temporary work around till I can get the OFFICIAL MINELAB proprietary connectors. I will be water hunting very soon here in FL as our water temps are already pushing the low 70,s Adapter is not fully assembled as I do not have my EQ yet Click image for larger version. 

Views:	138 
ID:	1552637
    Last edited by toddbbq; Feb 19, 2018 at 03:55 PM.

us
    Apr 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    Minelab Equinox 800 Past: Tesoro Tiger Shark Tesoro Silver uMax AT Pro
    109 times
    Metal Detecting
    Let us know how the wireless capabilities are underwater. The manual says the wireless will not work under water. Idk how truthful that is, but Iím curious if a set of aptX BT headphones with a ipx8 waterproof rating would be ideal!
    Usually nice and small, wireless, submersible to 3 meters...
    itíll be interesting to see if the wireless audio is jacked up or increased lag due to being under water
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." ~Winston Churchill

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4190 times
    Quote Originally Posted by usaftrevor87 View Post
    Let us know how the wireless capabilities are underwater. The manual says the wireless will not work under water. Idk how truthful that is, but I’m curious if a set of aptX BT headphones with a ipx8 waterproof rating would be ideal!
    Usually nice and small, wireless, submersible to 3 meters...
    it’ll be interesting to see if the wireless audio is jacked up or increased lag due to being under water
    I read somewhere if the transmitter (control box of the EQ in this case) is continuously submerged greater than 6 inches to a foot, then you will not get a signal (consistent with Deus). BT transmits at about 2.4 GHz which is highly attenuated in water especially at the low powers we are talking about. Also, if you use APT X you will want to test to see if the lag is not a problem (about ~120 ms more lag than APT X LL as discussed above). I have not been able to find any IPX rated APT X LL headphones.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1235 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by toddbbq View Post
    I have 4 of those ML adapters ordered already to modify with the CTX headphones. I am going to rethread the pg7 strain relief to the metric 12mm threads as a temporary work around till I can get the OFFICIAL MINELAB proprietary connectors. I will be water hunting very soon here in FL as our water temps are already pushing the low 70,s Adapter is not fully assembled as I do not have my EQ yet Click image for larger version. 

Views:	138 
ID:	1552637
    Suddenly the area becomes a level playing field as several of us will be using equinoxes on the same beaches... things get more challenging : D
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27098 times
    As soon as Dave and mine arrive, hopefully next week, we are going to work on a mod so our 3030 GG Amphibians H/P will work on it, going to make a mod using the 3030 connector.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

us
    Nov 2014
    Northern Ca.
    CTX3030, Deus
    2632 times
    A guy on another forum made a adapter already too. That didn't take long.
    America the Beautiful!

My You Tube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2w...9Ep5TbCeQqR1GQ

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    896 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    we are an ingenious bunch lol. The heck with a proprietary connector lol or months waiting for it.
    JackalopeZL1 and chappy(IN) like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    896 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by flgliderpilot View Post
    Suddenly the area becomes a level playing field as several of us will be using equinoxes on the same beaches... things get more challenging : D
    Now instead of the usual people we see on a weekly basis we will see more out here swinging away..

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links