Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It may be a while but keep an out on Fleabay as I do not plan too keep my wm08 when I eventually get the EQ800. No idea of actual cost yet as there are no accessory pricing from minelab. The EQ600 has built in bluetooth wireless just like the EQ800. Just buy your own aptx low latency headphones pair up and go.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 single selectable frequencies... but all 5 frequencies are used on multi-IQ on both 600 and 800.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your reply seems a little indignant, but I would guess because folks dont know yet. :) and in my manual I only remember seeing it say it uses 3 simultaneous frequencies.

Last edited:

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 single selectable frequencies... but all 5 frequencies are used on multi-IQ on both 600 and 800. Why does this keep popping up?

I think people are confused by the “3 selectable”, they automatically assume the EQ600 doesn’t have the 20 & 40 frequencies, but they do in multi mode, they just can’t be individually selected.

So let me make sure I got this right, the EQ 600 has the built in Bluetooth wireless (just like the 800), and all I need are some low latency headphones. So what’s the point of the 800 shipping with the WM 08? Just so minelabs headphones work correctly with minimal lag?

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for pointing that out to me I will edit it.:unhappysmiley:

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The wireless headphones provided are also bluetooth. The WM08 is for those who want to use the 1/8 pin headphones wireless or your 1/4 plug wireless with an adapter.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The wireless headphones provided are also bluetooth. The WM08 is for those who want to use the 1/8 pin headphones wireless or your 1/4 plug wireless with an adapter.

Ohhh okay that makes sense now. I even re-read that part of the manual and I was still confused haha thanks for clearing it up.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your reply seems a little indignant, but I would guess because folks dont know yet. :) and in my manual I only remember seeing it say it uses 3 simultaneous frequencies.
on page 29 where the multi-IQ picture is there is a statement under it that states both the 600 and 800 use all 5 frequencies in Multi-IQ.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ohhh okay that makes sense now. I even re-read that part of the manual and I was still confused haha thanks for clearing it up.
Your welcome:hello:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't think people are trying to be indignant. This point is just plane confusing to A LOT of people. Even when TH posted the actual Multi IQ diagram here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...-available-cabelas-website-2.html#post5713325, people still argued that it was 3 Simultaneous frequencies on the 600. So patience does wear a little thin sometimes....lol.

Last edited:

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The headphones on my CTX only come off once a month to ensure the connection is clean then I reseal with dielectric grease.
I used to take mine off once a month also. But was getting heaps of people staring when I go shopping etc. Now I only wear them when I go detecting

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Through my searches I’ve only been able to find 1 set of “true” LL aptx earbuds that have a sweatproof rating.
Has anyone seen any others?
In the end I might have to use the module and a pair of waterproof earbuds, but that isn’t ideal if I’m working along a shoreline or lake.
Has anyone seen any other options?

cobill

Jul 24, 2007
Laporte, CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 6000 and 5000, EQ-800, AQ Limited, GBII, AT PRO, Keene 3" 2 1/2" ,2" and Dahlke 4" dredge.
As soon as Dave and mine arrive, hopefully next week, we are going to work on a mod so our 3030 GG Amphibians H/P will work on it, going to make a mod using the 3030 connector.

Hey TH, any update on your mod? If you and Dave have found a solution, I would be interested in buying a 3030 GG H/P adapter for my EQ-800.:hello2:
Bill

cobill

Jul 24, 2007
Laporte, CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 6000 and 5000, EQ-800, AQ Limited, GBII, AT PRO, Keene 3" 2 1/2" ,2" and Dahlke 4" dredge.
Looking for a solution to convert my brand new CTX GG Amphibians to use on the Equinox...I just called Detector Pro and they stated that Minelab had the male connector on the Equinox made specifically for them(proprietary). It will be another 2+ months before Detector Pro can obtain the connector...if Minelab works with them!

I've sent a few PMs looking for an adapter....this is getting frustrating and ML needs to provide an update on their waterproof headphones.
angry.png

I'm just glad I don't live near a beach,

Bill

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I am a little irritated about the custom connector. Getting tempted to try to make one on my mini lathe.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Through my searches I’ve only been able to find 1 set of “true” LL aptx earbuds that have a sweatproof rating.
Has anyone seen any others?
In the end I might have to use the module and a pair of waterproof earbuds, but that isn’t ideal if I’m working along a shoreline or lake.
Has anyone seen any other options?

And what are they?

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest: