Official Equinox Headphone Thread

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
I checked the PG7 heyco all of i found M12x1,5 mm thread , the connector inner thread M12x1 mm, does not fit perfectly.
I thinking on a idea modify a Amphenol connector.
drill the center of this, put a 3,5 stereo jack, glue and seal with epoxy. The Headphone side is a CTX compatible connector for GGA heapdhone.

2nd idea. Try a antenna extension like a XP Deus. I don't know where is the translitter modul in the Equinox control box. I will use this antenna extension from Nox Controll box to to Headphone. I hope its will be working.
378560.jpg

I have 4 of those ML adapters ordered already to modify with the CTX headphones. I am going to rethread the pg7 strain relief to the metric 12mm threads as a temporary work around till I can get the OFFICIAL MINELAB proprietary connectors. I will be water hunting very soon here in FL as our water temps are already pushing the low 70,s Adapter is not fully assembled as I do not have my EQ yet View attachment 1552637

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a solution to convert my brand new CTX GG Amphibians to use on the Equinox...I just called Detector Pro and they stated that Minelab had the male connector on the Equinox made specifically for them(proprietary). It will be another 2+ months before Detector Pro can obtain the connector...if Minelab works with them!

I've sent a few PMs looking for an adapter....this is getting frustrating and ML needs to provide an update on their waterproof headphones.
angry.png

I'm just glad I don't live near a beach,

Bill

Well, at least there is hope that we could have a true waterproof HP eventually

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is already in full production making the Equinoxs to support the huge back log and the demand, I personally wouldn't be looking for the waterproof headphones or adapters for 6-8+ weeks depending on how long it takes ML to catch up with the Equinox demand. As the old saying goes, "it is what it is."

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab is already in full production making the Equinoxs to support the huge back log and the demand, I personally wouldn't be looking for the waterproof headphones or adapters for 6-8+ weeks depending on how long it takes ML to catch up with the Equinox demand. As the old saying goes, "it is what it is."

Wait... are you saying back logged preorders should “theoretically” be filled in 6ish weeks?

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
I think very not good thing come out a new water machine without really waterproof setup. Big mistake.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think very not good thing come out a new water machine without really waterproof setup. Big mistake.

It really works fine with water resistant wireless buds (or wired waterproof buds plugged into a water protected, pouched WM08 module) as long as the control head is not continuously submerged, which takes you out into waist-deep water or slightly deeper. Plenty of water hunting to be done at that depth. But yeah, ML, let's get this done and release the accessories.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It really works fine with water resistant wireless buds (or wired waterproof buds plugged into a water protected, pouched WM08 module) as long as the control head is not continuously submerged, which takes you out into waist-deep water or slightly deeper. Plenty of water hunting to be done at that depth. But yeah, ML, let's get this done and release the accessories.

How did you seal your pouch? I’ve seen the pics and after you poked a hole did you just silicone it? Did you use a different waterproof adapter outside of the pouch?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you seal your pouch? I’ve seen the pics and after you poked a hole did you just silicone it? Did you use a different waterproof adapter outside of the pouch?

The pouch came with the pigtail cable already installed and, yes, I believe they sealed the grommet where the jack comes out with silicone. Now the jack and plug contacts are subject to salt water corrosion if you don't rinse them with fresh water after use and i use a cheap pair of practically throwaway (cost wise) wired sports earbuds because they will not last forever exposed to constant salt water conditions, but imagine can stand several occasional inadvertent dunkings but I have not done enough shallow water hunts to determine how durable this setup will be for the long haul. The pouch has never let water intrude into the area where the module is kept. HTH. It basically mimics the Deus water kit setup.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pouch came with the pigtail cable already installed and, yes, I believe they sealed the grommet where the jack comes out with silicone. Now the jack and plug contacts are subject to salt water corrosion if you don't rinse them with fresh water after use and i use a cheap pair of practically throwaway (cost wise) wired sports earbuds because they will not last forever exposed to constant salt water conditions, but imagine can stand several occasional inadvertent dunkings but I have not done enough shallow water hunts to determine how durable this setup will be for the long haul. The pouch has never let water intrude into the area where the module is kept. HTH. It basically mimics the Deus water kit setup.

Do you remember the manufacturer? I looked on amazon and didn’t see anything close to it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you remember the manufacturer? I looked on amazon and didn’t see anything close to it.

Search on Vansky dry case. The have an updated black case with the wire and earbud connector jack. Looks pretty good.

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grabbed an 800 Friday, staff said no w/proof h/phones on horizon as yet. Gonna let me know.

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coulda sworn I've seen a similar deus-like pouch with induction instead of plug in. Buggered if I know where..

beendetected

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard or seen how much the WM 08 wireless module will be?
I’m ordering on Wednesday a 600 or 800. I really want the wireless audio option but i could wait for it and buy the wireless Module later.
For what I need the 600 running at all 5 frequencies in multi mode is enough. I really don’t need the gold mode or some of the advance settings. But would really like the wireless audio, so if the module won’t be too much more expensive I would rather get the 600.
Any advice would be appreciated.
The 08 module is ridiculously expensive on its own.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 08 module is ridiculously expensive on its own.

No prices have been announced for Equinox accessories whatsoever (much less release dates) including the WM08 which is ONLY compatible with Equinox. However, ML wireless accessories have historically been relatively expensive such that the $249 difference between the two detectors evaporates rapidly if you ultimately plan on getting the wireless accessories that came with the 800 for the 600, plus you will be waiting awhile.

Last edited:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Antenna extension will work

Deus style extension antenna will be work. Tested on workbench. Do it yourself.

1. Detector paired with a ML Headphone and a Bluetooth speaker. Move target above coil, Signal ok.
2. Put in the Bluetooth speaker or Headphone in a Faraday cage (simply, cover with foil, 2-3 layer.) The speaker/HP lost the Bluetooth signal.
3. Cut away the shielding any coaxial cable both end cca 30 mm long. One put the detector (duck tape, etc), top of back side, over the speaker, other end poke in the foil covered speaker/headphone, will be works again. (I tested with flexible RG174 Coaxial cable)

sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• antenna1.JPG
    antenna1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 89
  • antenna2.JPG
    antenna2.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 80

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus style extension antenna will be work. Tested on workbench. Do it yourself.

1. Detector paired with a ML Headphone and a Bluetooth speaker. Move target above coil, Signal ok.
2. Put in the Bluetooth speaker or Headphone in a Faraday cage (simply, cover with foil, 2-3 layer.) The speaker/HP lost the Bluetooth signal.
3. Cut away the shielding any coaxial cable both end cca 30 mm long. One put the detector (duck tape, etc), top of back side, over the speaker, other end poke in the foil covered speaker/headphone, will be works again. (I tested with flexible RG174 Coaxial cable)

sorry for my bad English.

Good to know. Wish the wired WP phones were available though.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
These headphones look a lot like the equinox headphones. Selling for about $50.00. Don’t know about specs.

Just got my Equinox600 today.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are exactly the same ones as the stock EQX800 phones, they are also impossible to find now (or they were a couple weeks ago). Before the EQX began shipping you could buy these cheap all day long, then they all dissapeared. My theory is that Minelab has bought all the production.

Edit- those aren't exactly the same, those are noise cancelling. the same model would be the BT-80s.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
i think the noise canceling can be turned on and off. i ordered a pair. see how they work out.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions