Official Equinox Headphone Thread

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miccus SR-71 Stealth Headphones are the same as minelab ml80's?

they appear to be. what we do not know at this time is if minelab has contracted this company to do any unique electrical or software changes to suit their designs.
example: hardware changes to improve signal strength or prevent interferences. Software or hardware changes to the internal battery chargers to increase battery life, etc. and also mine lab's warrantee...that speaks for it self.In all likelihood there will be more changes that will not be seen or un seen by the user, even if disassembled by the user.The chip sets may be the same but how the manufacturers program those chips can be proprietary.

On the surface they may just be fine. they do pair and show the "+" sign. I'm guessing there are subtle differences not concerning the common user. Even if those changes may only address warrantee issues they are differences just the same.

regardless,on the surface, Miccus SR-71 Stealth Headphones work just fine, and are a cheap alternative. I've seen no competent, comparative, testing to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... what we do not know at this time is if minelab has contracted this company to do any unique electrical or software changes to suit their designs.

The list of features Minelab states are the same list of feature as the SR-71s. Also, "Miccus" is not the manufacturer, they just another re-brander. There are many brands of this same headphone, mass produced in China, also sold under the Iselector "BT-80" name, which used to be available for about $25 before Minelab began buying all the stock.

sheep.dog

May 30, 2017
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering why everyone is so set on BT headphones when the WM 08 module comes with the 800. I've seen a handful of the WM08s for sale here and other place.
I just got my Nox 800 yesterday, i tried the Minelab headphones but really prefer my GG. Haven't got the adaptor yet so:
0BFfetp.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why all the tape and complicated cables when you can just use a standard 1/8" plug to 1/4" jack pigtail adapter cable with the WM08?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sheep.dog

May 30, 2017
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why all the tape and complicated cables when you can just use a standard 1/8" plug to 1/4" jack pigtail adapter cable with the WM08?

Because Radio Shack didn't have it and I wanted to try the WM08 today, not really that complicated its just a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter and a little pig tail because the 1/8 jack housing wouldn't fit in the WM08 and no reason to shave it down. Tape was just so it didn't pull apart.

Yeah I can buy the correct adapter or get the one above on Amazon for a couple bucks, but it was going to be beamed to me right then when I wanted it and i had the parts.

Last edited:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take it you read the saga above (earlier in the thread) on these?

Yes, I have read through this thread and others. The only way to get one pair is to by in bulk, which I am not prepared to do.
The CSR8645 chipset may not be APTX-LL in these below, so I don't want to chance it.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Buds-Metal...ords=aptx+low+latency+bluetooth+earbuds&psc=1

I got burned on a pair of MPOW over the ear that said they were LL, but they were not (had to get the Miccus SR71).
Thanks!

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it you read the saga above (earlier in the thread) on these?

I am trying to get a smaller quantity ordered. No word yet. I hope some retailer will make them available. They are not a high end product, but are one of the only inexpensive ones currently being produced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread