cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nox sounds about right

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I named mine "Noxie," and I have slept with her twice! :tongue3:

An equinox is commonly regarded as the moment when the plane of Earth's equator passes through the center of the Sun's disk,[SUP][2][/SUP] which occurs twice each year, around 20 March and 23 September. In other words, it is the point in which the center of the visible sun is directly over the equator. This simplified, but incorrect, understanding of Earth's orbital motion can lead to errors of up to 69 seconds from the actual time of equinox.
The instants of the equinoxes are currently defined to occur when the ecliptic longitude of the Sun is either 0° or 180°.[SUP][3][/SUP] As the true motion of the Earth is affected by the gravitational pull of the Sun and Moon (and to lesser extent the other planets), there are tiny (up to 1¼ arcsecond) variations of the Sun's ecliptic latitude(discussed in section below) that may mean the Sun's center is not precisely over the equator at the moment of equinox.
On the day of an equinox, daytime and nighttime are of approximately equal duration all over the planet. They are not exactly equal, however, due to the angular sizeof the Sun and atmospheric refraction. The word is derived from the Latin aequinoctium, from aequus (equal) and nox (genitive noctis) (night).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about nox8 or nox6?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I named mine "Noxie," and I have slept with her twice! :tongue3:

An equinox is commonly regarded as the moment when the plane of Earth's equator passes through the center of the Sun's disk,[SUP][2][/SUP] which occurs twice each year, around 20 March and 23 September. In other words, it is the point in which the center of the visible sun is directly over the equator. This simplified, but incorrect, understanding of Earth's orbital motion can lead to errors of up to 69 seconds from the actual time of equinox.
The instants of the equinoxes are currently defined to occur when the ecliptic longitude of the Sun is either 0° or 180°.[SUP][3][/SUP] As the true motion of the Earth is affected by the gravitational pull of the Sun and Moon (and to lesser extent the other planets), there are tiny (up to 1¼ arcsecond) variations of the Sun's ecliptic latitude(discussed in section below) that may mean the Sun's center is not precisely over the equator at the moment of equinox.
On the day of an equinox, daytime and nighttime are of approximately equal duration all over the planet. They are not exactly equal, however, due to the angular sizeof the Sun and atmospheric refraction. The word is derived from the Latin aequinoctium, from aequus (equal) and nox (genitive noctis) (night).

Hope you used some type of protection because you may have to take a couple rounds of "Noxiecillon" :laughing7:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big fan of Nox myself, makes me think of noxious or noxema, neither of which are particularly appealing to me. So I am using EQ.

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't swing without protection...coil protection that is

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a big fan of Nox myself, makes me think of noxious or noxema, neither of which are particularly appealing to me. So I am using EQ.

I'm calling them all EQX, just like we called the CTX. But you could call it Platy, or Pus since ML's owns name for it is the "Platypus".

As for individual names, I'll probably call mine "ghost" because even though I know its out there somewhere I just haven't seen any evidence of it, LOL

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For the Star Wars buffs, how about Obie Nox Wonobie?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After viewing a pile of forum pages I have a very strong feeling that the term "NOX" is the clear winner in this case so the repeated use of other terms may very well become ab nox chus.:notworthy:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go with EQ. It's what I've been using anyway. In talking about the detector itself, I refer to them as the EQ6, or EQ8. I'm with "vferrari" on this one, NOX= noxious/noxema

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread