Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got my Equinox 600 on Tuesday and I am absolutely loving it! I tested it in my yard which I have pounded to death over the last 2 years and it is hard to find anything but iron now, in the first 2 times of trying my Equinox I have already pulled out 2 more coins and a bunch of other conductive targets. Today I took it to my local park to learn the signals and this thing is a coin magnet!! You can watch the video here:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me excited to get my 600!

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the video, looks like you had a good time with the nox. I didn't realise that you could use Bluetooth headphone with the 600, j thought it was just the 800 with the additional box of tricks, so your video taught me something. Time to start reading the manual, I'm going to order one shortly.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
600 is a steal at the price it's selling for. Great machine. Most of the features for the 800 will not be used very often imo.

OP
OP
hbru123

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the video, looks like you had a good time with the nox. I didn't realise that you could use Bluetooth headphone with the 600, j thought it was just the 800 with the additional box of tricks, so your video taught me something. Time to start reading the manual, I'm going to order one shortly.

Thanks!

metalhead

Mar 24, 2012
York
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sovereign GT
Minlab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried it on small gold . A chain or earring

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try your wedding ring. Plant it next to a couple rusty items, water it, then give it twenty minutes and see if it finds it. Your might want to tie a piece of mono filament line to it or a string so you don't whack it with your digger. I mainly relic dig. That would help us relic hunters too. Never cared much for coins.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

OP
OP
hbru123

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try your wedding ring. Plant it next to a couple rusty items, water it, then give it twenty minutes and see if it finds it. Your might want to tie a piece of mono filament line to it or a string so you don't whack it with your digger. I mainly relic dig. That would help us relic hunters too. Never cared much for coins.

I will try that! How deep should I bury it?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hbru123 I would start at 12 " then backfill the hole slowly to test out different tones.

OP
OP
hbru123

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hbru123 I would start at 12 " then backfill the hole slowly to test out different tones.

Thanks! I will definitely try that. I know that you are a relic hunter (so am I) I am going to record at a heavily hunted 1820-1910’s homestead right now so I should hopefully have a video with it finding some relics today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread