Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: Bad points about the Equinox series

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13838 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    Yeah but Minelab always said they are a Turn On and Go Detector if I remember right that was one of their selling points for the longest time lol.
    I watched a lot of the Youtube videos too there is a lot of excitement in the videos but doesn't mean they need to noise cancel or ground balance. And when did people start calling recovery -->reactivity? That is the only thing I seen people complaining about lack of depth with a high speed recovery running.
    If that is correct, and if I'm reading this correctly, if you lose depth with high speed recovery running, why bother with it at all? Not saying anything else.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4684 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    Yeah but Minelab always said they are a Turn On and Go Detector if I remember right that was one of their selling points for the longest time lol.
    I watched a lot of the Youtube videos too there is a lot of excitement in the videos but doesn't mean they need to noise cancel or ground balance. And when did people start calling recovery -->reactivity? That is the only thing I seen people complaining about lack of depth with a high speed recovery running.
    So turn on and go means don't read the simple quick start instructions?

Reactivity is Deus terminology. At one point ML was even using it in its early Equinox literature.

The ability to adjust recovery is a great feature that allows you to trade off depth vs. ability to separate keepers from trash. No free lunch.

Depth isn't everything, but it's hard to tell a CTX 3030 owner that. Lol.
    calabash digger likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13838 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    I understand the CTX3030 is one of the best machine Minelab ever made.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    8671 times
    I would say all the steps you have mentioned are true with any quality machine. It just takes time in the field with the machine to let the detector tell you how it will run correctly. The only thing I'm waiting on is maybe a bug or two that Minelab has to work out..I truly think this machine is on the right track. I Can't wait to see more results and reviews from preorder buyers. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by rook3434; Feb 25, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
    sprailroad and RustyGold like this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Jul 2012
    Tn
    2- Xp Deus, Minelab XS Explorer, Nokta Impact, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Nokta Anfibio Multi
    750 times
    For the loot, Equinox 800 best detector made ever by anyone. With the wireless, headphone module and wateproofing and PERFORMANCE!

Can find any types of targets.

I have 45 hours in the field, 22 hours testing. Have owned 2 CTXs, have 3 Deus, had f75, Makro racers 1 and 2, Nokta Impact, 2 etracs, XS explorer, aka signum and sorex, detecth chaser, deeprech warrior, white's v3i, rutus alter 71.

Hard to beat the Nox for a one detector setup.
    Hunts modern trash and iron, beaches, salt water, seems to perform in higher mineralization.

What else compares??
    I see nothing.
    Last edited by tnsharpshooter; Feb 25, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
    dts52, lookindown, chub and 2 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2014
    Laconia, NH
    Currently: XP Deus v4.1 Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher Gold Bug 2 Previously: Garrett GTA 500 Garrett Ultra GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 1250
    848 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    The Equinox has not been in peoples hands long enough to really know what is good or bad. I LOL watching some of the videos people have rushed to get on YouTube with. They have not even had time to learn the machine properly, don't do a noise cancel, or even ground balance the unit! I've had mine around 10-days, and have been able to get out only twice with it. It will take at least 25-hours on the headphones for an experienced user to become acquainted with everything the Equinox offers the user.

Give it a few more weeks, and wait for some REAL experts to tell you what the machine is about.
    True, Terry. I've only been out with mine once. Just long enough to attempt to dig a pretty little signal. Nope. Frozen solid. Didn't take me too long to realize what season it is and where I live. Probably another month at least until I'll be able to do anything with it.

I wonder what the neighbors will think if they see me out in the yard on my my hands and knees with a heat gun pointed at the ground?
    Last edited by laidback4sho; Feb 25, 2018 at 08:42 PM.

us
    May 2014
    Oregon
    Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
    1319 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    "Nail" tests are completely bogus - period. Any metal detectorist worth their salt knows this from experience.
    LOL LOL LOL
    These NOX guys need to put their big boy pants on... Its funny to see them get so worked up from and Internet post .. Big smile. i was just messing with you. I am buying an 800 just so my grandson can use it when he is here 2x per year. Been digging since 1977.
    Last edited by masterjedi; Feb 25, 2018 at 08:00 PM.

Jul 2012
    Tn
    2- Xp Deus, Minelab XS Explorer, Nokta Impact, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Etrac, Nokta Anfibio Multi
    750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjedi View Post
    LOL LOL LOL
    These NOX guys need to put their big boy pants on... Its funny to see them get so worked up from and Internet post .. Big smile. i was just messing with you. I am buying an 800 just so my grandson can use it when he is here 2x per year. Been digging since 1977.
    Yeah, just so your grandson can use.
    I think I know what will happen.

Hint-better buy 2.
    Truth1253 likes this.

Jul 2012
    Tn
    750 times
    Folks seems don't get it.
    Nox does something Deus, CTX, Etrac and many others can't do.
    What is this exactly.
    Nox can hunt modern trash and iron in one fail swoop.

Yeah, everyone thinks sites are just modern nonferrous trash. Wrong
    Folks think sites with iron have no modern trash. Wrong.

Throw in for good measure Nox bust smaller gold.

Again I see nothing that compares. Wireless too. Light weight too. Waterproof too.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Garrett Carrot/Piranha Relic Shovel
    4684 times
    No detector is perfect. Please bolster your credibility and try to suppress the fanboy enthusiasm and tell us about some Equinox shortcomings. You've had the detector for a couple of weeks and are ready to throw out the Deus so you have had a chance to run it through its paces. After all, that's why this thread was created in the first place. Sometimes you sound like a year ago where I could just as easily substitute Equinox with Impact. Unadulterated praise is boring. Give us some red meat and tell us about the Equinox dark side. TNSS. Lol.

And not giving Kruzer more than a back of the hand tells me someone might be hiding something somewhere.
    Last edited by vferrari; Feb 25, 2018 at 09:17 PM.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    HMFWIC

Nov 2007
    Warner Robins, GA
    Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Gold Monster 1000
    46 times
    I have about 8hrs under my belt now with the 800, one thing people are doing is incorrectly is Noice Cancelling. The coil should be pointing in the air, not on the ground or pointing to the ground. The other is if your going to do a manual ground balance when you pump the coil do not have it on the ground, it should be 3 to 4 inches above ground, it also says if you cannot get low digits during a manual ground balance you can go side to side with the coil. So far I have just been going to auto track and that seems to work pretty good. I will say that the Park 1 and Park 2 modes are very different programs. Park 2 seems to be the program that can pick out good targets that are mixed in with a lot of trash. I am not having any chatter issues at all.

Does it beat my V3i with the killer Detect coil? not yet. I Think the V3i gives so much more information before you dig. But I am going to hang with the 800 and take it through the paces.

Cheers...
    Never play Leapfrog with a Unicorn!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13838 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    Yes, need red meat. And pics of the buckles, Confederate buttons, gold coins, etc. found where no detector could get them before. And now. With all the time invested, the net should be screaming with pics of all this good stuff. And I agree with Terry, nail tests in the air aren't worth anything. That's so 1970's. Vferrari are (again) doing a head to head in a few weeks in the worst dirt ever made. THEN we'll see. We'll have maybe 4 brands going at each other at the same time.

Where are the keepers? Show me the good stuff.
    sprailroad likes this.

Jul 2012
    Tn
    750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    No detector is perfect. Please bolster your credibility and try to suppress the fanboy enthusiasm and tell us about some Equinox shortcomings. You've had the detector for a couple of weeks and are ready to throw out the Deus so you have had a chance to run it through its paces. After all, that's why this thread was created in the first place. Sometimes you sound like a year ago where I could just as easily substitute Equinox with Impact. Unadulterated praise is boring. Give us some red meat and tell us about the Equinox dark side. TNSS. Lol.

And not giving Kruzer more than a back of the hand tells me someone might be hiding something somewhere.
    I don't plan getting rid of all my Deus units. And have never said as much.
    I can't find a dark side to Equinox. Not like a paid 2 grand for it.

I have run the dogs doo doo out of mine.

Seems to be a very good all a rounder.

You want me just to make some thing up bad about it??

My only gripe is, no mineral strength meter.

When you drop one of these into a old house site, you'll see for yourself.

One gent on another forum, is already admitting after using, he's eating crow.
    He thought Equinox was a sham.
    He thought wrong it seems.
    Last edited by tnsharpshooter; Feb 25, 2018 at 09:32 PM.
    vferrari, sprailroad and chub like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    13838 times
    Banner Finds (6)
    When vferrari and I test machines head to head in bad ground, that will give me an indication of just how good it is. I have no doubt it's a good machine, however, I already have three and for me to personally justify another machine, I have to see it in action first. I always test drive a machine before I buy it and frankly, the hype is getting boring. I have no gripe on the EQ series. It's just an unproven machine against it's competition. I think it will give the AT Pro a run for it's money, however with that said, an experienced user can do very well for themselves with whichever machine they have. One of my best machines is a full size garden shovel! I nailed it today with that in a bottle dump. Bottles are early and are getting soaked right now, should be cleaned by late tomorrow. Some CW into early 20th century. Unfortunately almost off of them were shattered but I did get a few out of the area. Unfortunately no coins or buckles or decent buttons there either.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Feb 25, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

us
    Jun 2006
    TreasureTerrain.com
    XP DEUS NOX 800
    263 times
    To get in between IRON and multiple targets but with that you lose depth and ID.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    If that is correct, and if I'm reading this correctly, if you lose depth with high speed recovery running, why bother with it at all? Not saying anything else.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links