Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let’s see if it can take a beating from the heavy daily users. It does look a little flimsy to me.

Kind of like the professional Digital cameras vs. consumers and prosumers.

The number of shutter opening and closures on the Nikon cameras between the professial and consumer was Night and day difference. Even when they(cameras) looked the same their body and guts were 100% different.

Only time will tell. They had to cut some corners since the CTX. Th eprice difference is HUGE.

It is actually built pretty tough. With that said, I won't be throwing it across the room or anything. The original charge is holding well with 12.75-hours of use, and over a week since the charge, and I continue to be impressed. I found a coin spill today at 3" and knew I was going to dig a penny, nickel, dime, and quarter, before I stuck the GraveDigger in the ground. The numbers and tones were dead on! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry. You really have to stop talking like this about the equinox, it hard enough to get one.:laughing7:
Do You not have any buyers remorse with going the 600 rather than the 800?

No, no remorse. I already have a Lobo Super Traq, and a GPZ 7000. I bought the machine for the multi-frequency, waterproof capabilities. The single-freqs are a super bonus! :skullflag:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh! I have to admit I've been watching all the equinox video's and laughing as these guy try to figure out what mode they need to be in to make their $800 dollar plus machine work like my Vaquero around iron. I still don't understand what Park1 is good for?
But last night I watched several videos of the equinox that are starting to impress me and now Terry is a believer! Tesoro has to be nervous about their future! If they don't come up with something soon there going to lose what market they still have.
Looks like I'm going to have to save my Clad for a new detector. Wish they would just put a VDI display on the Vaq and make it weather proof.
I will say just from video's I have been equally impressed by the Impact and Kruzer.

Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ugh! I have to admit I've been watching all the equinox video's and laughing as these guy try to figure out what mode they need to be in to make their $800 dollar plus machine work like my Vaquero around iron. I still don't understand what Park1 is good for?
But last night I watched several videos of the equinox that are starting to impress me and now Terry is a believer! Tesoro has to be nervous about their future! If they don't come up with something soon there going to lose what market they still have.
Looks like I'm going to have to save my Clad for a new detector. Wish they would just put a VDI display on the Vaq and make it weather proof.
I will say just from video's I have been equally impressed by the Impact and Kruzer.

Happy Hunting!

Welcome to the forum! :headbang:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eman1000, welcome to the forum. I have an XP deus and don't do in the water. I think it would be a sideways move for me, so no real advantage there to buy one. FYI I just bought a brand spanking new Vaquero. It tears it up relic hunting.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Terry, another quick question. Do you hunt any beaches that have power lines close by? A couple of the beaches here in nova Scotia that I go to with the dualfield have power lines about 200 to 300 feet from the beach and the dualfield hates them, so I have read that the 800 you can manually alter the setting to reduce or eliminate emi but it may not be necessary , but I would prefer the 600 as is so called more simple to use, and I like the sound of that.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Terry, another quick question. Do you hunt any beaches that have power lines close by? A couple of the beaches here in nova Scotia that I go to with the dualfield have power lines about 200 to 300 feet from the beach and the dualfield hates them, so I have read that the 800 you can manually alter the setting to reduce or eliminate emi but it may not be necessary , but I would prefer the 600 as is so called more simple to use, and I like the sound of that.

The 800 has automatic noise cancel just like the 600 but adds manual noise cancel to if you want to select a channel different than the auto selected.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After swinging on the beach, in the saltwater, at a local park, and today in a farm field, I am prepared to say the Equinox is the best “All Around” park; beach; and field metal detector I have ever used. It is not as deep as the CTX 3030, or E-Trac, but it’s close with the stock coil. It is better in heavy park trash than both of it’s higher-priced cousins, and lighter.

At US$650.00 the Equinox 600 is hands down the best metal detector in its price range. It replaces several of my tried and true Tesoro machines, including the Cibola; Vaquero; Outlaw; Tejon; Sand Shark; and Tiger Shark. If you’re counting, that's six-different machines. With the Equinox 600 capable of running three single frequencies (5kHz; 10kHz; 15kHz), and in Multi-frequency mode, it obsoletes all six of these Tesoro machines, and dozens of other great detectors, including the AT Pro; AT Max; Whites MXT Sport; Fisher F75; and on and on!

The machine does get chatty in heavy trash, and you need to understand the tones and numbers to be precise with it. Pinpointing is much harder than with Tesoro machines. Again, it takes time to understand targets are picked up on the coil edges first, and then in the coil center. Discrimination and recovery speed are awesome. I would put this machine up against any Tesoro machine for speed and discrimination, and I’ve never said that before about ANY machine. I have found a ton of clad and a silver Merc, so far, and I have only hit well hunted, trash filled locations – on purpose. Looking forward to the weather getting better and better, and hopefully a large cut at Jones Beach after Friday’s storm! :skullflag:

Terry the nox in park 2 in my area is Deeper than the CTX and Etrac..... glad to see you liking it....

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched a video comparing signals between the nox and E-trac. Looks like the E-trac did way better at identifying a nickle in the mix of pull tabs. I miss my old E-trac for that reason alone. If the nox had a two number id like the 30/30 and E-trac i would agree with the claim of the nox being the machine that makes all other machines obsolete

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The 800 has automatic noise cancel just like the 600 but adds manual noise cancel to if you want to select a channel different than the auto selected.

I already know this, but I'm trying to determin is it neccesary or will the auto setting do just fine.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched a video comparing signals between the nox and E-trac. Looks like the E-trac did way better at identifying a nickle in the mix of pull tabs. I miss my old E-trac for that reason alone. If the nox had a two number id like the 30/30 and E-trac i would agree with the claim of the nox being the machine that makes all other machines obsolete

which mode your in affects it a lot from what I can tell. Park 2 is the deepest and hottest on gold in my soil. Besides gold field.

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me I love my Etrac but those FE CO numbers can be very deceiving at times too. Put some iron or trash right next to the coin and those numbers go way out of wack and you have to rely on sound just like the Nox or any other detector. Deep targets will have weird FE CO numbers as well. There are times they really help but I don't rely on them much personally.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me I love my Etrac but those FE CO numbers can be very deceiving at times too. Put some iron or trash right next to the coin and those numbers go way out of wack and you have to rely on sound just like the Nox or any other detector. Deep targets will have weird FE CO numbers as well. There are times they really help but I don't rely on them much personally.

Very good point. Multiple items under the E-trac coil gave me fits.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry the nox in park 2 in my area is Deeper than the CTX and Etrac..... glad to see you liking it....

My question is what are yiu gonna do with the Deus..I see yiu are selling Deus Coils..is that t9 off set the costs of your Equinox

Gavin757

Feb 4, 2016
Va Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I own the xterra 705 and i absolutely love it. I have been interested in the nox for some time now. I hear the nox cannot discriminate out bottlecaps like you can with other machines. Is this accurate or you able to hear the iron in certain modes with the nox?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own the xterra 705 and i absolutely love it. I have been interested in the nox for some time now. I hear the nox cannot discriminate out bottlecaps like you can with other machines. Is this accurate or you able to hear the iron in certain modes with the nox?

Don't believe everything you read Gavin. Think of having your 705, but never having to change coils, and having multi-frequency as well. This machine is a true game changer, and it has EVERYONE else running to catch up! :skullflag:

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, no remorse. I already have a Lobo Super Traq, and a GPZ 7000. I bought the machine for the multi-frequency, waterproof capabilities. The single-freqs are a super bonus! :skullflag:
Terry,
Could you please elaborate on the "single-freqs". I am seeing some confusion on exactly what freq's the 600 has vs the 800. What freqs does the 800 have that the 600 doesn't, and/or operational differences.
Thanks!

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a Whites machine back in the day loving Bottle Caps too.
The trick we used was to wave and raise the coil and if the audio cracked it was a bottle cap.
I am sure after awhile and more people get them and better weather sets in we will have some tricks with the NOX.
I am actually going to lower my Recovery speed when at the ocean unless it needs it faster to try and get better ID.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
Could you please elaborate on the "single-freqs". I am seeing some confusion on exactly what freq's the 600 has vs the 800. What freqs does the 800 have that the 600 doesn't, and/or operational differences.
Thanks!

The Minelab site show the frequency each uses!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A trick with the AT Pro was to sweep the target with the front tip of the DD coil.. if it was a bottle cap it would sound off as iron.

What's the Equinox do when you do this? Just curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread