Not a good start

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up my 800 on Sat ( my birthday ) put it together and straight onto the charger...............no charge light no charging.

Before anyone comments please read:

Using a Samsung S8 charger rated at 2amp
Yes it works perfectly with my phone and other gadgets
Used the same charger with the magnetic charging cables to charge the wireless module that came with the 800 , that worked perfectly
Bought another charger this morning rated at 2.4 amp plugged in the 800 still no light and charge bars not moved after 3 hours............
Strange thing is i plugged it into the USB plug that goes into the lighter socket on my car on the way to work this morning and still no light but the charge bar went up one bar in the 40 min trip to work,

do you think ive been sold a dud machine ?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure sounds like something is wrong. Take it back to the dealer!!!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should get green flashing light if unit is charging.
Something is messed up.

OP
OP
W

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke to the dealer , boss not in the shop but he will get back to me. I'll be heading there after work as i have the control unit with me so they can plug it in and see it doesnt charge. Im not interested in it being sent to minelab and fixed , i paid for a new machine and want a new one in exchange , having a fixed dud isnt what i paid for.

OP
OP
W

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good boss been messaging me , he wants me to box it up return it and he will ship me out a new one at his expense .......phew

OP
OP
W

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even better , as i have the control box with me at work i can drop that in after work , they will have a look , if it's not charging they will replace the control box :) I prefer this way as i live 60miles from the shop but from work im only 10 miles away

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the rollout period, when it wants to prolong the positive hype as soon as possible, I'm sure ML will be responsive and quick in replacing lemons. A year from now, things may be different.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sounds like a bad battery to me.. charger aborting, but then again I'd expect a flashing light of some sort in that case.

hope you get it straightened out soon

OP
OP
W

Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the joy i was hoping for, dropped by the shop yesterday after work , showed them that my charger worked on a new Equinox but not mine, straight swap , happy customer :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread