Nov 23, 2015
Monroe County
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter
Garrett ADS 5
Garret ADS 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that my Garrett master hunter ADS 5 and ADS 7 are properly knackered i started searching for something different and i'm excited to escape the VLF detectors (even though i'll probably send mine to brokendetector to get the ADS 7 repaired because of my hoard of coils and i really like its silver tone). I think i'm about to hop on the waitlist for the the equinox 800 sounds like cabela's is the place to do it.

Edit: Ended up placing my backorder on big boy hobbies. Super stoked

Last edited:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just placed my order and will have the 800 in a few days. I was lucky, i didn't ordered the Equinox before but contacted some dealers to let me know when they were in stock. One dealer contacted me today that they had one for me. So i placed my order today and get it in 3-4 days.I don't like ordering (and paying) something i don't know the waiting period of.

cedmonds

Greenie
Nov 23, 2015
Monroe County
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter
Garrett ADS 5
Garret ADS 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem waiting especially when I find a vendor that accepts my prefered methods of payment *thumbs up* once I waited 3 months for a limited run on an out of production surefire suppressor mount. Definitely was worth the wait

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just placed my order and will have the 800 in a few days. I was lucky, i didn't ordered the Equinox before but contacted some dealers to let me know when they were in stock. One dealer contacted me today that they had one for me. So i placed my order today and get it in 3-4 days.I don't like ordering (and paying) something i don't know the waiting period of.

I ordered the 800 from a dealer in the Netherlands on friday afternoon and got it send from this dealer by express courier and recieved it today saterday morning here in Belgium. So that's less than 1 day for an international shippping. Thumbs up for the dealer.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you contact advertising dealers on Tnet 1st then contact all of Minelab dealers you will find both the 800 and 600 in stock or on the shelf. I contacted every advertising dealer on every detecting site I am a member of and I found one on the shelf.. It takes some work but when I found mine on March 10th I found 3 dealers that had them and I bought from an advertising dealer

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been waiting for over a month for mine still backordered

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased my 800 over the phone and had it two days later ( Don't hate me! )
I called up Metal Detector Distributors in Brooklyn NY. They are a brick and mortar shop, and not some internet warehouse kind of seller. They had ordered 20, but had only pre-sold 18. I got number 19. $899 including shipping by FedEx. Ordered it on a Wednesday, had it on Friday. The only weird thing is that they don't take credit cards over the phone. They only take PayPal. I ordered, they sent a PP invoice, and then I paid them with a MasterCard via PayPal. Was definitely a different transaction than I'm used to, but it's the way they roll, and it worked perfectly.
I don't know if they typically order more than they have orders for, but it doesn't hurt to give them a call. (718) 649-5872

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
just go to minelab web site and look up the smaller dealers and shoot them email. I did that and got mine in 2 days.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 800 is back in stock at Cabela's as of right now.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine yesterday

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For every 1 equinox that goes out the door to the customer, 15 more orders for the equinox are placed... per Minelab..

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cabelas has the 800 right now .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For every 1 equinox that goes out the door to the customer, 15 more orders for the equinox are placed... per Minelab..

Is that actually officially stated somewhere. Not that I don't believe it, but would be interested if Minelab actually went on record saying it.

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just canceled my order from KellyCo and I ordered one from Cabela’s. I ordered mine from KelloCo 2/24/18 and as of today I was 134th in line waiting.... I know it’s not KellyCo fault but just got tired of waiting. I’ll let you know when I get mine....

apenney

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I ordered one.

Nabbed one too, and a new pinpointer (Garrett Pro-Pointer AT), because I like the all orange! I guess I should keep my promise to the wife and figure out how to sell my v3i now.

mhess22

Apr 24, 2007
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
White's Spectra V3i
White's Bullseye TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nabbed one too, and a new pinpointer (Garrett Pro-Pointer AT), because I like the all orange! I guess I should keep my promise to the wife and figure out how to sell my v3i now.

Haha! I told my wife I would sell my v3i as well but I don't intent to. I think she will just forget about it in a month or 2. I'll keep my v3i along with my 800 until White's comes out with another Spectragraph detector.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they took paypal credit I'd be in trouble!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions