Earbuds for the nox

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok guys we have a thread already for headphones, but what about ear buds, who is using what?
I'm considering virtue wireless v4.1 noise cancel ip7 rated as seen on Amazon.
Let the answers flood in as my 2 600s will be here next week.

Last edited:

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the SoundPEATS Q9A+ and will give a report next week.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as they have aptx you should be good to go!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested to see if there is any audible difference in lag between the APTX (like above) and APTX LL. I know the specs say up to a 100ms difference in lag between the two, but what does reality say. Have not been able to find any APTX LL waterproof earbuds.

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
I suppose that one downfall with earbuds vs headphones is that when you get stopped on the beach every 50 feet to be harassed, oops, I mean asked, what have you found, what's the best thing you found, someone will try and have a full blown conversation with you, not seeing the earbuds, but thinking about it, headphones don't stop this either:dontknow:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you remember the on APTX LL earbuds you found that weren't waterproof?

Good question. I have not found any APT X LL earbuds period only full blown APT X LL headphones. I have picked up APT X earbuds but have not paired them up because I am still learning the machine and will fool around with the audio options later. For weather and water I use the WM08 module protected against water and a set of waterproof or weatherproof wired earbuds or headphones.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that one downfall with earbuds vs headphones is that when you get stopped on the beach every 50 feet to be harassed, oops, I mean asked, what have you found, what's the best thing you found, someone will try and have a full blown conversation with you, not seeing the earbuds, but thinking about it, headphones don't stop this either:dontknow:

It must be a happy coincidence but whenever I have encountered those folks no matter at what point I see them in the hunt, it just so happens that "I haven't found anything interesting" so it is always a very short conversation. ;)

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
It must be a happy coincidence but whenever I have encountered those folks no matter at what point I see them in the hunt, it just so happens that "I haven't found anything interesting" so it is always a very short conversation. ;)

I've been in and out of the hobby since 2001 and have never found anything interesting, not in the UK. Not in Canada, I can't even say the best find was the wife as she got me into it, but I don't live too far from oak island now so maybe I can beet Gary Drayton to finding the treasure, if it exists.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now using the $99 Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds (APTX Low Latency), and find I do prefer them to headphones. I can now wear any hat I like :)

I know some find regular APTX earbuds (not low latency) acceptable; but I would advise paying extra for the LL. I tried a non-LL pair and, while they worked, I found the lag noticeable, especially on faster swings. Swinging back and forth over an object, the sound would bracket the object rather than being on top of it. Not terrible but not ideal.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am now using the $99 Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds (APTX Low Latency), and find I do prefer them to headphones. I can now wear any hat I like :)

I know some find regular APTX earbuds (not low latency) acceptable; but I would advise paying extra for the LL. I tried a non-LL pair and, while they worked, I found the lag noticeable, especially on faster swings. Swinging back and forth over an object, the sound would bracket the object rather than being on top of it. Not terrible but not ideal.

Good to know. Thanks

FWest

Jun 27, 2017
Detector(s) used
EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

How do the Sennheiser's sound ? I am looking for a set to use on my EQ600 and for music ? Do they compare to decent wired set ?

Thanks

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed on the specs they only get about 6 hours of battery life. Are you finding them giving out on all-day hunts?

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried a few ear bud options, both wired and wireless. I have settled on wired and have been using the cheap wired Deus backphones with the WM 08 module and works great! Can’t beat the sound out of those Deus backphones.

OP
OP
W

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Me and the wife went to the beach today for the 1st time with the nox, and although the gold was not jumping out the ground, it was a pleasure to use, and the Bluetooth headphones worked very well. They are not low latency but I don't think it mattered too much with a 9 inch sand scoop, and I didn't really notice any delay.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073RDTMN8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the wife went to the beach today for the 1st time with the nox, and although the gold was not jumping out the ground, it was a pleasure to use, and the Bluetooth headphones worked very well. They are not low latency but I don't think it mattered too much with a 9 inch sand scoop, and I didn't really notice any delay.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073RDTMN8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wiganer.... no gold jumping out of the ground? How about gold that is overlayed with lead? (I mean you are near Oak Island, right?) :) Have fun out there, I enjoy the NOX as well, ...good luck hunting!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
I tried the SoundPEATS Q9A+, they work fine, there's no lag, but I just didn't care for the earbud fit while detecting and much prefer the factory Minelab headphones.

For my head/hearing, the ML headphones are comfortable, fit well, zero detectable lag, and sound great.

I started off with wireless headphones on my Racer2, Impact and Multi Kruzer, and now the EQ800, and love being wireless (really sucks getting snagged/tangled up when your detecting in the brush). I'll never go back to wired headphones again, YMMV

Last edited:

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010

Like fishing and another boat comes by close, we've always caught a couple shorts and thats it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread