Earbuds for the nox
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Earbuds for the nox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Steve

Jan 2017
    Nova Scotia
    Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft. Equinox 600
    97 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Earbuds for the nox

Ok guys we have a thread already for headphones, but what about ear buds, who is using what?
    I'm considering virtue wireless v4.1 noise cancel ip7 rated as seen on Amazon.
    Let the answers flood in as my 2 600s will be here next week.
    Last edited by Wiganer; Mar 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM.
    Echoplex likes this.

us
    Feb 2015
    Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
    1006 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I ordered the SoundPEATS Q9A+ and will give a report next week.
    Wiganer and Gporter like this.

us
    Jarhead

Feb 2013
    Laconia, IN
    ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Garrett AT Max ● Garrett GTI 2500 ● Garrett AT Pro ● Garrett Propointer ● Lesche Digging Tool ● The Piranha - Model 35 ● 18" Min
    101 times
    Metal Detecting
    As long as they have aptx you should be good to go!
    Wiganer likes this.
    JW
    CWO2 USMC Retired
    Laconia IN

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7320 times
    I would be interested to see if there is any audible difference in lag between the APTX (like above) and APTX LL. I know the specs say up to a 100ms difference in lag between the two, but what does reality say. Have not been able to find any APTX LL waterproof earbuds.
    Wiganer likes this.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Feb 2013
    Western AR
    NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Have not been able to find any APTX LL waterproof earbuds.
    Do you remember the on APTX LL earbuds you found that weren't waterproof?

ca
    Steve

Jan 2017
    Nova Scotia
    97 times
    I suppose that one downfall with earbuds vs headphones is that when you get stopped on the beach every 50 feet to be harassed, oops, I mean asked, what have you found, what's the best thing you found, someone will try and have a full blown conversation with you, not seeing the earbuds, but thinking about it, headphones don't stop this either
    hucklburry likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by parkgt View Post
    Do you remember the on APTX LL earbuds you found that weren't waterproof?
    Good question. I have not found any APT X LL earbuds period only full blown APT X LL headphones. I have picked up APT X earbuds but have not paired them up because I am still learning the machine and will fool around with the audio options later. For weather and water I use the WM08 module protected against water and a set of waterproof or weatherproof wired earbuds or headphones.
    parkgt likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    7320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    I suppose that one downfall with earbuds vs headphones is that when you get stopped on the beach every 50 feet to be harassed, oops, I mean asked, what have you found, what's the best thing you found, someone will try and have a full blown conversation with you, not seeing the earbuds, but thinking about it, headphones don't stop this either
    It must be a happy coincidence but whenever I have encountered those folks no matter at what point I see them in the hunt, it just so happens that "I haven't found anything interesting" so it is always a very short conversation.

ca
    Steve

Jan 2017
    Nova Scotia
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    It must be a happy coincidence but whenever I have encountered those folks no matter at what point I see them in the hunt, it just so happens that "I haven't found anything interesting" so it is always a very short conversation.
    I've been in and out of the hobby since 2001 and have never found anything interesting, not in the UK. Not in Canada, I can't even say the best find was the wife as she got me into it, but I don't live too far from oak island now so maybe I can beet Gary Drayton to finding the treasure, if it exists.
    vferrari likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    Minelab Equinox 800 Past: Tesoro Tiger Shark Tesoro Silver uMax AT Pro
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Not LL but I will probably give these a try when the 800 arrives. Worth a shot

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07B3...xcL&ref=plSrch
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." ~Winston Churchill

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    7320 times
    I've got these but have not used them with the Equinox yet to see if the lag is tolerable.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Waterpr...rds=anker+aptx

These are IPX 5 rated waterproof

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundBu...rds=anker+aptx

Sep 2017
    23 times
    I am now using the $99 Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds (APTX Low Latency), and find I do prefer them to headphones. I can now wear any hat I like

I know some find regular APTX earbuds (not low latency) acceptable; but I would advise paying extra for the LL. I tried a non-LL pair and, while they worked, I found the lag noticeable, especially on faster swings. Swinging back and forth over an object, the sound would bracket the object rather than being on top of it. Not terrible but not ideal.
    gamiller and FWest like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2010
    Twin Cities, MN
    Minelab Equinox 800 Past: Tesoro Tiger Shark Tesoro Silver uMax AT Pro
    130 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by curious2 View Post
    I am now using the $99 Sennheiser CX 6.00 earbuds (APTX Low Latency), and find I do prefer them to headphones. I can now wear any hat I like

I know some find regular APTX earbuds (not low latency) acceptable; but I would advise paying extra for the LL. I tried a non-LL pair and, while they worked, I found the lag noticeable, especially on faster swings. Swinging back and forth over an object, the sound would bracket the object rather than being on top of it. Not terrible but not ideal.
    Good to know. Thanks
    Wiganer likes this.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." ~Winston Churchill

us
    Jun 2017
    EQ 600, ORX, TDI SL
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by curious2 View Post

How do the Sennheiser's sound ? I am looking for a set to use on my EQ600 and for music ? Do they compare to decent wired set ?

Thanks

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    7320 times
    I noticed on the specs they only get about 6 hours of battery life. Are you finding them giving out on all-day hunts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links