Commenting on the Equinox User Manual

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While still on the waiting list for a Nox 800, I downloaded the User Manual from Minelab, and printed out the whole thing on my Canon Duplex printer (it hates me now!). Three hole punched and put in a three ring binder.

I read it cover to cover yesterday while supervising my son while he was playing in a large indoor bouncy house / trampoline center. I am very seriously impressed by the manual! By the second read-through, I feel very confident that I will not have much problem getting into the ground with the Nox.

The manual is concise, easily understood, and complete. Easy to read with great alert callouts; suggestions for first use settings; and near-perfect illustrations. This is one of the best user manuals for ANY product I have ever seen, and I have a MUCH clearer understanding of the features and controls that will help me really take advantage of the detector out the gate on arrival. Night and day difference from the Garrett detector manuals I own.

I would highly recommend that those who are complaining about the lack of a printed manual included in the box, should take the PDF off of Minelab and either print it themselves or have a office copy location do it for them...in color! Much easier to reference than trying to find the right location for specific items while scanning on a computer.

Now...just eagerly awaiting my machine!!!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While still on the waiting list for a Nox 800, I downloaded the User Manual from Minelab, and printed out the whole thing on my Canon Duplex printer (it hates me now!). Three hole punched and put in a three ring binder.

I read it cover to cover yesterday while supervising my son while he was playing in a large indoor bouncy house / trampoline center. I am very seriously impressed by the manual! By the second read-through, I feel very confident that I will not have much problem getting into the ground with the Nox.

The manual is concise, easily understood, and complete. Easy to read with great alert callouts; suggestions for first use settings; and near-perfect illustrations. This is one of the best user manuals for ANY product I have ever seen, and I have a MUCH clearer understanding of the features and controls that will help me really take advantage of the detector out the gate on arrival. Night and day difference from the Garrett detector manuals I own.

I would highly recommend that those who are complaining about the lack of a printed manual included in the box, should take the PDF off of Minelab and either print it themselves or have a office copy location do it for them...in color! Much easier to reference than trying to find the right location for specific items while scanning on a computer.

Only one critique... The manual does not have a troubleshooting guide for problems that may potentially occur. Most electronic device manuals include that. Also no deliniation of error codes, if any.

Now...just eagerly awaiting my machine!!!

Page 64 is trouble shooting, page 65 is error codes.

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.. I forgot that, having been really focused on the features and settings instructions. Edited my original post.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Elf, Best of Luck to you with the new Equinox. Reading the manual before hand will give you a head start once the Equinox arrives.

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked again, and for whatever reason, my printer had not printed the last six pages. So, yes, the troubleshooting and error codes are in the manual. Just makes it even BETTER!

Cheers!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elf - You will definitely have a running start by doing your homework up front, so good job. I agree it is a great, complete manual and really includes some great tips for the detectorist independent of the Equinox. Wish I didn't have to destroy a set of ink cartridges for it, but whatever.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have a manual in the box? Guess I will know tomorrow when mine arrives.

OP
OP
SittingElf

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have a manual in the box? Guess I will know tomorrow when mine arrives.

No. It's available from Minelab's corporate site and 69 pages long.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read it twice already. Thanks! Was hoping they would throw one in.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes me too, it just cost me $16 cdn at staples

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread