I honestly never believed it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I see a post starting with "Meh", I know it is going to be full of inspirational and valuable information that will definitely make me a better detectorist. Typically it is a post that makes me feel good about having shared my information on the forum. One that exemplifies the spirit of helpfulness that is TNET. Don't you find that to be the case, Jason?

Nah, I didn't think so, either...:occasion18:

I will add, though, we are all probably guilty of it at one time or another, either intentionally or not.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Debbie-Downer, I think you missed the point entirely. It's not that I found a silver coin with it, its that I found a silver while I still dont have a clue what I'm doing. Brand new machine, all different sounds, completely different setting. It takes time to learn and become proficient when making major changes like that. I never said it was a great feat, I said I never expected I would find anything good while just out swinging it and trying to figure it out.

Heh! I still don't have a clue but am still killing it out there. Location and patience are the keys.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh! I still don't have a clue but am still killing it out there. Location and patience are the keys.

Patience.... lots and lots of patience! Of course, if the finds aren't in the ground you can't find them no matter how well you know the detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoy the new machine! GL & HH

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth be told I never learned any of my machines in depth. For real. I set them on "idiot" mode and dig iffy targets. Special programming hasn't helped me much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions