Minelab please add Pitch Hold!! And lack of charger rant!!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprailroad, no one is home. Could be worse, my 18" of snow could have been 20". No digging today on my planned DETECTING SPRING VACATION. I guess I should put my "cranky" hat on today. But, I'll buy something else I don't need on Ebay to feel better. Maybe.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sell me a brand new Porsche for $899 I’ll gladly by me some rims and tires.

Do all new detector releases bring out this kind of fanaticism? Now we are comparing metal detectors with Porsches?

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Iphone 7 came with a charger. Goodness what WAS Apple thinking to include one?

But you only got a starter booklet. Apple doesn't include printed manuals on ANY product, and neither do millions of other products either. It's about conservation.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might point out that all the naysayers about the printed manual could really make some money by having the manual printed in bulk and selling here or on eBay, etc...
It's been done with other products I've seen. I'd do it, but don't have the time.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Iphone 7 came with a charger. Goodness what WAS Apple thinking to include one?

You also bought a product for $700+ that only cost Apple $200 to make... Oh, and it didn't include a manual.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might point out that all the naysayers about the printed manual could really make some money by having the manual printed in bulk and selling here or on eBay, etc...
It's been done with other products I've seen. I'd do it, but don't have the time.

Come on "SittingElf", Naysayer? really? I'd think it would be more common sense or common courtesy on the part of Minelab. Every detector I've ever owned had a "printed" manual, some even with a DVD. When out "somewhere" with a new detector, I would like to have something in print with me that I might refer to other then a "quick start" guide, as opposed to needing a laptop or smart phone (if you have one). But Naysayer? (A person who habitually expresses negative or pessimistic views)

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
You also bought a product for $700+ that only cost Apple $200 to make... Oh, and it didn't include a manual.
I was able to print a manual at work, so it wasn't the end of my world as far as inconveniences go. As far as an Apple iPhone not including a manual, that product is designed to go online. The last I checked, my Equinox doesn't have a web browser. Not everyone has online access or printer access, so I fully understand the frustration being vented in this thread about a manual not being included.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold the presses! Checked traffic cameras! Road to the shipwreck beach is open! Off I go on another wild and crazy adventure! Yippee! Had to get out or go berserk and I can’t find my Viking hat anywhere.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread totally just turned me off on the EQ.

No charger ? ? ?

Absurd.

I mean up the price 50-60 bucks and include one.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screw tethering to a laptop ... screw USB charging period.

Painstakingly slow.

Faster charging is where the next step in tech is headed IMO... I mean what the hell.

Bah !

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or up the price $1.27 because that's what a bulk buy from China would cost.

I am okay with no manual, as I downloaded the PDF on my phone which I will have with me at all times. It is 2018, so choose your rational behind that, be it paper savings, ease of updates/corrections, accessibility, etc.

However, a RECHARGEABLE device, sold new, with NO CHARGER, is just silly.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually read this entire thread. I complained to my mom that it wasted 3 minutes of my life . She gave me milk and cookies.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually read this entire thread. I complained to my mom that it wasted 3 minutes of my life . She gave me milk and cookies.

And another 3 minutes typing that response :P

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here....use my manual and stop complaining!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Who cares if no manual or charger was included or that waterproof headphones or new coils won't be available for a few more months or that people have to wait for months on end to get the detector thats going to make all other detectors obsolete?

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my Nox last night and I agree on both issue's about the manual (The included quick start guide is sufficient for most) and charger. (I think the DVD is a great idea! I'm sure Branden Niece would be happy to make them one and it would probably be well done)
Now just so happens I work in I.T. so I have chargers everywhere and the manual is no big deal for me to download or print. Coming from using the Vaquero though I spent last night playing in the house because we had 6 inches of snow learning the menu system on the Nox. I would not recommend this machine to an old timer! My father in law is in his 60's and he can barely use an iphone and run a remote for his TV, this is not the machine I would recommend for him.

Having said all of that my first computer in 1994 my uncle bought me cost three times as much as the NOX and that didn't include a monitor, printer, or software. So I'm amazed at how far we have come for the money.

My best guess on why they did not include a charger is because it looks like they packed these to be sent all over the world. That is why mine has 30 screen covers in different languages (Does anyone still speak Navajo ?)

Look on the bright side you get a 10,000 lumens backlight! Neighbors probably thought I was running a combine in the snow last night. I would like to see a firmware upgrade that would allow a dimmer on the Nox600.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I hate to throw salt in the wound here, but the nox 800 price point reflects whats in the package. An adapter would raise it like 30-50 dollars(yea I know they are cheaper, but the industry doesn't work that way).

Let's be honest here, what most people don't like about the adapter is making a mistake and getting the wrong one. To get the right one, you have to do the foot work. That means researching to get the correct adapter.

While I agree that anything should come with the needed items to work, in this case, personally, I let them slide on it.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, no wall wart is lame, but at this point I am totally ok with people being turned off from buying this machine. I mean, the worst thing I could possibly see are other detectorists with Equinoxes at my spots. Y'all just stick with them machines that come with chargers or take disposable batteries now, ya hear!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here....use my manual and stop complaining!
View attachment 1567716

Who cares if no manual or charger was included or that waterproof headphones or new coils won't be available for a few more months or that people have to wait for months on end to get the detector thats going to make all other detectors obsolete?

lol

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screw tethering to a laptop ... screw USB charging period.

Painstakingly slow.

Faster charging is where the next step in tech is headed IMO... I mean what the hell.

Bah !

It's been there... A123 batteries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread