Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick K, that sounds interesting. The ocean is way to rough around here. There were still 6' waves yesterday out there.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is coming - sooner than we expected - I hope.....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Equinox upgrade 2.0 I hope they put a "S" curve on the handle and ship with a 9" coil. Christmas wish list?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't they put a metal cuff on there so you can bend it to fit?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use some peel and stick foam. That way it can be removed for different users or clothing.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people will NEVER be satisfied, and will find fault with the most petty things, and complain about them.
Can't wait for the complaints about how Minelab didn't include a mount for a charging brick, or a folding stand, or for a Go-Pro, etc... C'mon! Geez!
I've never seen or owned a "Perfect" product. They don't exist. They just get improved, either by generational development, or by end-users themselves....like FLGLIDERPILOT.
I agree with you.

Only thing for me is a bit of a shaft wobble...but tiny little things like that doesn't bother me.

Maybe someone will be complaining to Minelab soon how they should have included a 1kg solid gold bar for free and full body harness to carry it...plus a wall mountable safe to keep the gold bar in...lol.

Geez.
Matt

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,

How are you getting along with your Equinox now. I know you had a lot of anxiety about the coins on edge, etc. Have you gotten some good swing hours in?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it is a nice mod, especially for those that have skinny arms. I too find my arm moving around a bit more than I care for. I considered the extra foam but foam tends to hold the sweat pretty badly. although for some people, a combination of both the heat and bend with extra cushioning might really work. it is hard to make a true one size fits all and so there will always be something that doesn't fit someone. But, people will always be making adjustments to equipment and many end up being very good ones. Sharing mods or fixes can really make a better machine or tool for someone else. on some things, you do hope that the manufacturer listens and makes some improvements but sometimes it is what it is. To me, the object is to end up with something that is comfortable and enjoyable to use. There will always be someone that as an issue with something and someone who can't understand why they have a problem because we are all made different in so many ways. I can see a lot of people liking this and I might do mine to some degree but leaving some slack for extra winter time clothing.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would seem the people most critical of the Equinox don't own one..

The Equinox wasn't designed on a parabolic curve to suit a few people it was designed to suit 500,000 or more. Being an engineer for over 40 years myself when you design something you have to find a happy medium. The design also had to consider different coils that will be available soon. You can adjust the shaft and cuff to suit the way you like to swing your detector. I am 73 yrs old and was out for 4 hours on Thursday and it did not bother me. Try swinging an Etrac vs the Equinox.

With all that BS being said. Many people are brand loyal and even dealer loyal. Like any detector you like it or you don't. I have given away my E-trac and At Pro because I like the Equinox better.

Last edited:

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,

How are you getting along with your Equinox now. I know you had a lot of anxiety about the coins on edge, etc. Have you gotten some good swing hours in?
It wasn't me having anxiety about it. His name is Lewis on youtube and he reckons all mine lab Equinox are broken and he reckons he has contacted Minelab and they wrote to him and asked him to put a video up showing that the Equinox can't get coins on edge. He did that and he reckons minelab are issuing a online firmware update to fix it...lol. I have zero problems with rings and coins on side...but he continues on...and on and on...so i post videos showing that mine is perfect in the tests and Mark Gilespie pur up vids with no probs with coins and rings on edge...but he says we are lying and doing the tests wrong etc. Maybe there is a problem with a certain batch? Im about to upload a .925 Sterling Silver coin on edge test on Youtube in a few mins.

How do you find your coins on edge withvthe Equinox?

Went out yesterday on the beach andv only dug 8 common coins...but 3 were in amongst balls of rust, which amazed me...I am LOVING the speed of this Equinox beast.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would seem the people most critical of the Equinox don't own one..

The Equinox wasn't designed on a parabolic curve to suit a few people it was designed to suit 500,000 or more. Being an engineer for over 40 years myself when you design something you have to find a happy medium. The design also had to consider different coils that will be available soon. You can adjust the shaft and cuff to suit the way you like to swing your detector. I am 73 yrs old and was out for 4 hours on Thursday and it did not bother me. Try swinging an Etrac vs the Equinox.

With all that BS being said. Many people are brand loyal and even dealer loyal. Like any detector you like it or you don't. I have given away my E-trac and At Pro because I like the Equinox better.
Spoken like a true Prodigy.

Completely agree.

If you take a look the arm cuff is very flexible and pull the strap tighter also pulls the plastic arm cuff tighter.

Cost Minelab a fortune if they started to issue cuffs in sizes like shoes...lol.

I have never used CTX or Etrac....but wayyy to heavy and dont like displays etc.

I always said the only time I would sell my Racer 2 if someone designed a machine with nice big, bright display like Racer 2...but fully water proof and multi frequency....15 months later....Equinox was announced and boom...rest is history.

Live my Equinox....it's so sexy looking to...lol

Matt

halfstep

May 11, 2010
Also to make a detector that aligned perfect for the user, they would have to make a left hand detector and a right hand detector. So they probably split the difference. Or you would need an arm cuff with and up/down and left/right adjustment to accommodate different users.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread