Equinox Noise Chatter Issue - FYI

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my Eqnx out at lunch and did the noise cancel but as soon as I turned on my teknetics pinpointer it went crazy on the chatter.

Tried noise cancel again and it resolved the problem!

It hit hard on a couple of clad nickels at I site I have hunted a lunch for the past year.

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to seeing more of your feedback. I was really torn between getting a Vaquero and the Equinox, and my wife got tired of me talking about it and logged into bigboyshobbies.com and ordered me the equinox!(lol) I know the vaq is a deep, great machine, but it is looking like the nox is nearly as deep, faster, and more versatile.

OP
OP
E

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually getting ready to re-post my Vaquero for sale. I had a buyer but he didn't come through ;(

The vaq and the equinox are two totally different machines, but the vaq is about as fast as you can swing it and awful deep with the 9x8 coil. The vaq also really forces you to train your ears and learn a lot about targets based on 1 tone. Kinda hard to explain and certainly not for everyone but it makes you better.

I'll know more on the nox in the coming months for sure.

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple years back I had a black vaq with the 8.5x11. I really liked it, but got really tired of digging bottle caps, so I sold it for an AT Gold. The AT Gold was nice, but I missed the depth so I was back to looking at the vaq, and stumbled upon the Equinox. Looking forward to getting out there and testing, and watching all the updates!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When by buddy got within 20 feet of me with his Excel my Equinox went nuts. Noise cancel again made it stop.

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a group hunt this past weekend. Had the NOX600 with me, about 40 hunters with multiple different MD's & pinpointers. I only had a little interference once from someone near me but i don't remember which model/type. I hit the noise cancel again just to test it out and the noise was gone. But I had no problems with my 2 garrett Pinpointers. (ver1 & Carrot).

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy was complaining that my EQ800 was driving is Excal nuts... a quick noise cancel and he says "WOW thats better thanks!"

Amazing machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread