Equinox 600

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigboyshobbies.net has them as well. I ordered on Tuesday and shipped on Wednesday.

Edit- typo, it's .net not .com

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your order...bigboyhobbies.com is up for sale....

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot by dealers on eBay at the moment at $649 as well. My dealer, where I'm waiting for an 800 also now has 600's in stock, as do many others. Must have been a large shipment of 600's this week.

Now if they would just match the load with 800's, I might get mine!

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nobody cares, but congrats on pumping your post count

He just keeps saying the same thing over and over again in all the threads. It is annoying.

We get it Sammy- you don't like the Nox. Then why are you here?

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He just keeps saying the same thing over and over again in all the threads. It is annoying.

We get it Sammy- you don't like the Nox. Then why are you here?

Yeah you should check out his post history it's 100% awful

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with your order...bigboyhobbies.com is up for sale....

Are you saying that Big Boys Hobbies is being bought out? I just placed a big order with them. Please let me know.

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying that Big Boys Hobbies is being bought out? I just placed a big order with them. Please let me know.

Nah I typo'd the domain name, as I was just doing it from memory. I have ordered a few detectors from bigboyshobbies and they are great, you have nothing to worry about. My 600 will be here Wednesday.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each to their own. Normally when people make large purchases, such as cars, they like to read tests on them. I had purchase a Tesoro Mojave, new, on the advice of Terry for only $251.10. I had to wait about two months, but since it was in the winter, I did not care about the wait. When interesting in a second detector, I have asked for advice from many members including Terry before I make up my mind. $600.00 & $800.00 is a lot of money to put on a waiting list. There are many members who are willing to purchase these two detectors before test results. Good luck to all of you. Keep in touch, and I waiting for test results from many members. The second detector that I may be interesting in buying have been on the market for many years.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I get insulted, there will be no longer comments coming from me on Equinox. Regardless of the detectors that you purchase, good hunting and good luck.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Each to their own. Normally when people make large purchases, such as cars, they like to read tests on them. I had purchase a Tesoro Mojave, new, on the advice of Terry for only $251.10. I had to wait about two months, but since it was in the winter, I did not care about the wait. When interesting in a second detector, I have asked for advice from many members including Terry before I make up my mind. $600.00 & $800.00 is a lot of money to put on a waiting list. There are many members who are willing to purchase these two detectors before test results. Good luck to all of you. Keep in touch, and I waiting for test results from many members. The second detector that I may be interesting in buying have been on the market for many years.

There have been a lot videos on youtube and various tests shared by owners. I now have one in my hands and can say all of these tests we've seen are accurate. The machine does exactly what everyone is claiming it does.

Not unusual for people to get defensive of their machines when a new machine comes out.

If you like your current machine then don't even worry about it.

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Honest Samuel,

I completely understand were you are coming from. I went from using a Bounty Hunter IV to a F22 to a Tesoro Vaq to the Eq 600. I bought the F22 and wish I had passed. Here are my 1st impressions of using the Nox 600 for two 4 hour sessions at various park locations a couple trashy spots. None of these things are any big deal but just observations I have. Does it make the detector work $400 dollars more than a Mojave .. I don't know yet and that is to each person to decide.

1. The nox takes a 1/8 inch headphone jack which I personally like because there have been times I accidentally left my 1/4 inch adapter at home. Then couldn't use my headphones.
2. The nox vdi show a zinc penny at 20/21 and a copper at 25/26 (Also shows a dime at this as well) - Nice if you want to skip zinc pennies & kinda hard to do with a Tesoro without missing nickels.
3. The pinpoint feature is very good. ( you feel like you are right on top of the target) - The Tesoro audio response is so good that you pretty much know where to dig so its a virtual tie in my opinion.
4. The volume control - I hunted for almost 10 hours at 3 different locations and never used headphones because with the volume set between 10-15 it is loud enough to hear but not loud enough that people 20ft away would notice. Also makes it nice for playing in the house. (I personally love this so much I don't know if I could go back. I won't be wearing headphones unless I am somewhere I absolutely don't want to be heard or disturb people)
5. The Ergonomics are great. It is not a feather like the mojave but its not unreasonable either. It may be a bit heavy in the front but I hunted for hours without issue. (Tesoro gets the edge very light weight)
The arm cuff is larger but a non-issue for me personally and they throw in the strap If you like.
6. The battery life - I can't give a full review on this matter without using it for much longer, but so far I have only exhausted 1 bar in about 10 hours and minimal backlight use. The backlight is handy as the sun goes down but too bright after that. ( I carry a small light in my pocket for hunting at night with the Tesoro anyway so no big deal) I know the Mojave only takes 1 9v batttery but it's kind of nice not even having to worry about it.
7. Trash Separation & VDI - There is no denying that the tesoro is great at unmasking targets and the I'd like to think I would have found all of the same targets with my Tesoro as I found with the Nox. However there was a few really cool things that happened that had me shaking my head. For example I got this jumpy vdi where it would bounce between 25 and 31 and when I dug the hole there was a dime and a quarter right next to each other. I had this happen again with a 21 to 30 and there were two pennies and a quarter all stuck together. This repeated itself with nails as well where I would find a dime, penny or quarter in the hole. The first time this happened I made the beginner mistake of almost walking away. You can pull this off with alot of cheaper machines than $650 but you would probably need a smaller coil.

Personally I have yet to find enough clad or silver to pay for any machine. From a economics point I have spent far more than I have found. Not to mention gas and time.. Just ask my wife.

Also I got skunked no gold or silver yet.
If the Nox isn't for you maybe consider buying my Vaquero ;) Happy hunting

Last edited:

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff eman, looking forward to more feedback!

I was really on the fence between the vaq (which I have owned previously) and the Nox600. The bluetooth, adjustable volume, multiple frequency, and waterproof is what pushed me over the edge for the Nox. The only thing I had for the Vaq was the light weight and maybe deeper, but even the depth looks debatable at this point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread