Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That's how I got my 800 so quick... From a small shop in SC who had no waiting list.
Yes you are right there find a out of the way small Minilab dealer and you have no waiting for one . The reason for the long waits is that every one is going to the same dealers that everyone talks about and see on the web site's and they get to many orders . A out of the way place no one talks about you can just about walk in and walk out with a Equinox.

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are seeing light at the end of there pre ordered units. You will soon be seeing them on the shelf all over the planet....the hype is coming to an end.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabela's is ripping military personnel and vets off. The discount is from MINELAB, not from Cabela's. If they are only offering a 5% discount for military, they are pocketing the difference. That is FRAUD!!!!
Thank you for posting that little tidbit. I will never buy anything again from them.

The price for an Equinox 800 with the military discount from MINELAB should be $764.15, and the 600 should be $551.65...PERIOD!!!

If true....that is very sad.....sorry to hear of such a thing.

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear. I am sure for what I need the 600 is more than enough machine. I can always upgrade later if I’m yearning for more advanced controls. The big thing for me was at first people were saying the 600, in multimode, only operated on 3 frequencies, not 5 like the 800, but that has since been put to rest.
Thanks for the info!

I found my first wheatie with the machine today! It was a bouncy signal about 8". I do like the machine a lot. Good luck.

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabela's is ripping military personnel and vets off. The discount is from MINELAB, not from Cabela's. If they are only offering a 5% discount for military, they are pocketing the difference. That is FRAUD!!!!
Thank you for posting that little tidbit. I will never buy anything again from them.

The price for an Equinox 800 with the military discount from MINELAB should be $764.15, and the 600 should be $551.65...PERIOD!!!

As for frequencies... The 600 has Multi-IQ capability in ALL frequencies up to 40Hz, but only the 800 can use the 20Hz and 40Hz independently.

I don't think Cabelas rips off the military. They support the military in some pretty big ways. It is their policy to employee Vets, they donate a lot of money to military charities, help wounded warriors by sending them on getaway vacations, and send care packages to units I served with while down range. When I was down range and got a care package from a total stranger I always thought it was pretty cool. Anyway, rebates and incentives are usually given to retailers from the manufacturer, this is the case for most products, so the lack of discount might not even be a Cabelas issue. It might not even been offered to them who knows. If they are giving a 5% discount and it is not reimbursed by a manufacturer, like everyone else, that means the discount is actually coming out of their own profits unlike everyone else. I could be completely wrong but the 5% discount might be a little more genuine than you think.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Cabelas rips off the military. They support the military in some pretty big ways. It is their policy to employee Vets, they donate a lot of money to military charities, help wounded warriors by sending them on getaway vacations, and send care packages to units I served with while down range. When I was down range and got a care package from a total stranger I always thought it was pretty cool. Anyway, rebates and incentives are usually given to retailers from the manufacturer, this is the case for most products, so the lack of discount might not even be a Cabelas issue. It might not even been offered to them who knows. If they are giving a 5% discount and it is not reimbursed by a manufacturer, like everyone else, that means the discount is actually coming out of their own profits unlike everyone else. I could be completely wrong but the 5% discount might be a little more genuine than you think.

So what you are saying ...in order for a internatial company to sell something
In the United States of America....they must give a discount to the American war vets....that would explain why it is so hard to get a equinox in the us.....

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes they ARE ripping off the military and vets. They do NOT get to reduce a manufacturer's offer to the Military on their own...at least not without consequences. As for their support of charities...it's a tax deduction for them. They just choose military charities to reduce their tax burden... the same could work for ANY charity they donate to.

Minelab Discount.jpg

Click for full size and readable. No mention of "Participating Dealers". It is ALL their authorized dealers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what you are saying ...in order for a internatial company to sell something
In the United States of America....they must give a discount to the American war vets....that would explain why it is so hard to get a equinox in the us.....

How did you even conjure up that response? That literally couldn’t be farther from what WIPirate said, you basically made up a whole conversation.

The post is in response to a previous post about Cabelas “ripping off veterans”, which isn’t true. WiPirate was just trying to say that Cabelas offers their own Military Discount which is 5% and they take that off their bottom line. They don’t pocket the manufacturer’s rebate of 15%.

I have no idea where this “international companies must give US Troops discounts” crap came from but you’re way off.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is the problem I am having . Poor depth and TDI readings . I cant hit a penny deeper that six inches .

I found my first wheatie with the machine today! It was a bouncy signal about 8". I do like the machine a lot. Good luck.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they ARE ripping off the military and vets. They do NOT get to reduce a manufacturer's offer to the Military on their own...at least not without consequences. As for their support of charities...it's a tax deduction for them. They just choose military charities to reduce their tax burden... the same could work for ANY charity they donate to.

View attachment 1571023

Click for full size and readable. No mention of "Participating Dealers". It is ALL their authorized dealers.

Choosing to NOT participate in Minelabs Manufacturer Rebate Program doesn’t mean they’re “ripping off” Vets. It’s not a mandatory program in order to be a Minelab dealer. One of the biggest sponsors on this forum, who is well loved, I won’t name them, wouldn’t do the Minelab Vet Discount for me because basically it was a hassle for him and he didn’t want to so it on a backordered item. Which is why I ordered through Kellyco cause they were willing to do it.

I guess it could be a matter of opinion and how you want to view it, but simple free market principles. Don’t like a businesses practices, don’t shop there.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How long did it take to charge ?

Just read somewhere anyone will be able to buy off the shelf 6-8 weeks.sooner if everyone drops their pre order......I canceled my pre order 2 weeks ago. The dealer called me this morning and asked if I still wanted a 800....it's charging in my den as I write this.....

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The post is in response to a previous post about Cabelas “ripping off veterans”, which isn’t true.

Oh yes it is. If Cabelas is such a wonderful supporter of the military and vets, why in the world would they reduce the MANUFACTURER'S offer to vets and military and earn the distrust of the folks they supposedly are so concerned about helping? Nowhere on Minelab's site and offer does it give their authorized dealers the option of opting out of THEIR offer. If that were the case, there would be a proviso that the discount is available from "PARTICIPATING" dealers....just like McDonald's specials. That said, there are dealers out there who offer Military and Vets 10% off EVERY product...little family owned, small business dealers too. I use one. That Cabelas would only offer a 5% on this, while virtually every othere dealer is honoring the MINELAB offer is not showing their supposed support for the cause they claim.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yes it is. If Cabelas is such a wonderful supporter of the military and vets, why in the world would they reduce the MANUFACTURER'S offer to vets and military and earn the distrust of the folks they supposedly are so concerned about helping? Nowhere on Minelab's site and offer does it give their authorized dealers the option of opting out of THEIR offer. If that were the case, there would be a proviso that the discount is available from "PARTICIPATING" dealers....just like McDonald's specials. That said, there are dealers out there who offer Military and Vets 10% off EVERY product...little family owned, small business dealers too. I use one. That Cabelas would only offer a 5% on this, while virtually every othere dealer is honoring the MINELAB offer is not showing their supposed support for the cause they claim.

I’m not trying to argue with you. But It’s not mandatory, i know this because I asked when I contacted ML about authorized dealers not using it with the new Noxes. I don’t remember the Gal’s name I spoke with. She was the VP of sales for North America if I remember right.
Their 5% Discount is clearly not the best and it is kind of crappy they do not honor the manufacturer’s Discount, but like I said before. Don’t like it? Don’t shop there, I don’t. My response was for the poster claiming Cabelas is pocketing the other 10% which isn’t true and actually would be “ripping off vets”

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just my $.02

SittingElf, please refer to and re-read the last sentence in post # 31. Thank you.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SittingElf, please refer to and re-read the last sentence in post # 31. Thank you.

Well aware. Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. (sic)

My issue is as a military veteran, and spouse of an active duty Air Force Officer, I will call out any company that advertises and promotes itself as a grand supporter of the military and veterans...that is until it comes to their bottom line. Suddenly they are not as "supportive" as they would like the public to believe. They are not alone. There are a number of companies that claim to support our servicemembers...right up to the cash register, where that support suddenly dissappears. Their choice...but also my choice on where I make my purchases, and I am not alone on issues like this.

I fully admit that I am a rather strong activist on issues like this and, with others, have spoken out frequently when we find dichotomies such as the Cabela/Minelab issue. To many of us, it is almost as bad as Stolen Valor.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you even conjure up that response? That literally couldn’t be farther from what WIPirate said, you basically made up a whole conversation.

The post is in response to a previous post about Cabelas “ripping off veterans”, which isn’t true. WiPirate was just trying to say that Cabelas offers their own Military Discount which is 5% and they take that off their bottom line. They don’t pocket the manufacturer’s rebate of 15%.

I have no idea where this “international companies must give US Troops discounts” crap came from but you’re way off.

is Cabelas even a minicab dealer? mine lab does not list them as such.....on their web site.

yes **** is being made up.....I thigh I would just add some gas to the fire......its so warm in here....

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well aware. Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious. (sic)

My issue is as a military veteran, and spouse of an active duty Air Force Officer, I will call out any company that advertises and promotes itself as a grand supporter of the military and veterans...that is until it comes to their bottom line. Suddenly they are not as "supportive" as they would like the public to believe. They are not alone. There are a number of companies that claim to support our servicemembers...right up to the cash register, where that support suddenly dissappears. Their choice...but also my choice on where I make my purchases, and I am not alone on issues like this.

I fully admit that I am a rather strong activist on issues like this and, with others, have spoken out frequently when we find dichotomies such as the Cabela/Minelab issue. To many of us, it is almost as bad as Stolen Valor.

just thank god you can shop anywhere you like.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread