OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my 800 for $849. Shipped.....well that's what I paid anyway....still waiting to get it!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The back light has three settings push da button, on low seems fine.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to order my Equinox800 in the first week in March and received it a couple days ago and get this, I was charged $50 LESS than MSRP! Not every one is out there to gouge people. Of course this is why I order all my detectors there.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a fix for the bad ergonomics. Remove the upper handle. Remove the control unit at the base. Acquire a Tesoro "S" handle and replace the Minelab handle with that. Attach the control unit to the Tesoro handle. I've seen those handles for $20-40 each. It's an easy fix. Not perfect, but not bad. Vferrari and I played around with the two brands on Saturday. Fit is ALMOST perfect. Since you are NOT drilling holes in anything but the Tesoro handle for the control unit, warranty should be good to go.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a fix for the bad ergonomics. Remove the upper handle. Remove the control unit at the base. Acquire a Tesoro "S" handle and replace the Minelab handle with that. Attach the control unit to the Tesoro handle. I've seen those handles for $20-40 each. It's an easy fix. Not perfect, but not bad. Vferrari and I played around with the two brands on Saturday. Fit is ALMOST perfect. Since you are NOT drilling holes in anything but the Tesoro handle for the control unit, warranty should be good to go.

pictures?

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can you please elaborate (and possibly post this info in the S-Shaft thread)? Were you connecting the ML coil to the Tesoro lower? If so, how was the coil attachment fit and did it put any unnecessary stress on the coil tabs? Thank you

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched a video about EMI troubles with the Equinox 800 and he figured out that it was his mobile phone on WiFi that was the source of the EMI and it cleared up when he switched it off.
When I contacted a dealer here in Canada on February 18 there was a waiting list of 50 so I did not order and checked again yesterday and the list is 38 and if I wanted to get on the list then i would have to give a credit card # but would not be billed till detector was shipped. I will wait.
Makro Multi Kruzer in now in the same short supply with sellers on ebay asking higher than normal prices.
With spring time coming will the demand increase for these detectors? When will the supply meet the demand?

Minas man

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread