Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that Park 2 has a default set to reject conductivity values from -9 to 0 which also corresponds to the first time of you set the program to 5 Tone. Does it make sense to have any volume set for the first Tone if these numbers are rejected? Or do you still hear the iron (conductivity-9 to 0)?

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the default volume of -9-0 is 0, so you dont hear them. You could either adjust this volume up, or enter all metal mode if you wanted to hear them. I dont think you will miss out on anything but junk on those levels. Even 0-2 is pretty much going to be tiny thin gold, or junk.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It appears that Park 2 has a default set to reject conductivity values from -9 to 0 which also corresponds to the first time of you set the program to 5 Tone. Does it make sense to have any volume set for the first Tone if these numbers are rejected? Or do you still hear the iron (conductivity-9 to 0)?

Yes... I turn the volume up on the iron, but then I discriminate it out. This way if I get a bottle cap or something which sounds good (15-16), when I press the All Metal button I can hear the iron and pass on it.

OP
OP
Bharpring

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2016
Savannah, GA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes... I turn the volume up on the iron, but then I discriminate it out. This way if I get a bottle cap or something which sounds good (15-16), when I press the All Metal button I can hear the iron and pass on it.

So can you hear the iron if you reject (from the accept/reject menu) numbers -9 to 0 and keep the volume up for Tone 1?

Basically, what does rejecting the numbers for iron (-9 to 0) do to the machine? Is it a filter that will allow the iron sound through or does it kill all signal response both audio and visual for a target within the numbers rejected?

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anything rejected is silenced until you press the all metal button (which disables all discrimination/rejection).

So if you turn up volume for tone 1 and then notch it out -9 to 0, you wont hear any iron until you press all metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions