Equinox Charger

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to get prepared for my 800 to arrive. The manual says I need a ">1.7A @ 5V charger". I went to one of my normal online sources and found the following:[ICV USB Wall Charger — 5V 2A AC Power Adapter with US Plug for Phone, Tablet and Other Related USB Powered Devices]. It has good reviews and it's relatively cheap. Is this the correct type of charger? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Thanks,
OO

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to get prepared for my 800 to arrive. The manual says I need a ">1.7A @ 5V charger". I went to one of my normal online sources and found the following:[ICV USB Wall Charger — 5V 2A AC Power Adapter with US Plug for Phone, Tablet and Other Related USB Powered Devices]. It has good reviews and it's relatively cheap. Is this the correct type of charger? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Thanks,
OO

Yep, that one will work for you, 5v 2.0A is what you need.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don,t sweat it ....it's as simple as charging your phone.....you can buy them anywhere and they are cheep. I bet if you put your mind to it you could hook
Up your exercise bike and charge it that way....really it's a no brainer

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't seen this question answered in all Equinox posts, and I have the 800 on order.

Given that I have a charger within the rating ranges....

How long does it take to re-charge the battery?

How long does a charge last before needing a recharge?

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't seen this question answered in all Equinox posts, and I have the 800 on order.

Given that I have a charger within the rating ranges....

How long does it take to re-charge the battery? How long does a charge last before needing a recharge?

if this does not answer all your questions you should not buy an equinox...:laughing7:

all that stuff is done for you by minelab.....they only want you to do this....(look on the back of your charging device for info and match)

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me rephrase the question, what are current user's experiences with charge time and field time with the 800? Sometime back I read a post where the user said it took him/her 16 hours to charge the battery.

I don't need a 40 minute lecture on what batteries are.

And YES I DO have business owning an 800.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me rephrase the question, what are current user's experiences with charge time and field time with the 800? Sometime back I read a post where the user said it took him/her 16 hours to charge the battery.

I think the 16 hour time was when charging from your computer's USB port.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard 4 hrs. with a wall charger, 16 with computer's usb port. It's say's 4 hrs. in the manual with wall charger.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard 4 hrs. with a wall charger, 16 with computer's usb port. It's say's 4 hrs. in the manual with wall charger.

How is the hunting duration on the charge? i.e. how long before you need to recharge?

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How is the hunting duration on the charge? i.e. how long before you need to recharge?

I think 10hrs is a fair time from what I've seen. Says 12 and I've yet to run it down fully without a charge. I do think the 5 hours till full charge is accurate judging by my charges at half or a little more than halfway drained. The headphones don't last as long. Probably half of the detector life. If you used the wireless module after the heaphones die you could get the same life I'd bet.....and get a full day in.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

read up on usb....you can...run the equinox indefinitely.....it can run forever with out ever turning it off..... its called Power Hot Swaping.
it is mentioned in the manual and there is a thread about it here on this forum.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

as my original replay was deleted. I can only hope you can figure it out. good luck

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4hrs to charge. i’ve done 4 hour night hunts with backlight on and never lost a bar.

So far I love the charge/battery life despite being skeptical at first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread