image1nox deus.JPG

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will have to take it apart . It is no deus weight wise or portability wise .

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the help. Don't know that it'll stop me from getting one eventually, but that is disappointing.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping the aftermarket will fix the crappy shaft design. Seems like there is a lot of money to be made making different shaft variants for this machine (stealth/collapsible and S-shaft) besides the straight carbon fiber rods, which are already available.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Tesoro "S" shaft is a near perfect fit to the Minelab. Tried one out Saturday and there was less than 1mm difference.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deus is still king of ergonomics and portability. It looks cooler too without the coil wire

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Deus is still the king, and for depth and discrimination too. However, the sloppiness of the Equinox construct can be mitigated with the aforementioned "fix".

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Deus is still the king, and for depth and discrimination too. However, the sloppiness of the Equinox construct can be mitigated with the aforementioned "fix".

I feel that the tones( I use full tones) on the Deus give much more information too. Much easier to discern bigger iron and aluminum with the Deus

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure double the price = half the size....sounds about right.....look if you are considering a dues you can afford bolth....no brainer...

HillBilly244

May 4, 2013
I hope XP comes out with a Multi IQ equivalent. It would be nice if all you had to buy was a new coil or remote for it to work.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope XP comes out with a Multi IQ equivalent. It would be nice if all you had to buy was a new coil or remote for it to work.

In this case it will be a hardware thing. The coils and controllers would need replacing....I think it's time for dues to get off their humps and produce the next
Generation of detector....before they all die.....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta already beat both Minelab and XP with their upcoming pricey visual ID machine. Good for some types of digging, not for everything. As I forementioned, I expect detector wars very soon.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta already beat both Minelab and XP with their upcoming pricey visual ID machine. Good for some types of digging, not for everything.

Your comparing apples and oranges. It is not a detector the average detectorist will ever buy, $10,000-$12,000 price tag and only a 2 year warranty.

HillBilly244

May 4, 2013
I know everyone is jumping on the NOX bandwagon but i don't know if i will ever buy one. The Deus just has things i like better, its portability, true wireless. The only reason i would think about buying one is having a fully waterproof detector for the beach.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know everyone is jumping on the NOX bandwagon but i don't know if i will ever buy one. The Deus just has things i like better, its portability, true wireless. The only reason i would think about buying one is having a fully waterproof detector for the beach.

I own both and also prefer several things about the Deus . Being "true wireless" is not one. To use earbuds with my Deus I have to use the module off the Back phones to corded earbuds; on the NOX you can use"wireless" earbuds.

The wireless headphones supplied with the NOX work well, I just prefer the comfort of earbuds summer and winter.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_hunter, don't be sure I would not buy one. Not this year, I'll wait for the pricing wars to start and see what the other manufacturers scramble to come up with. 2019 should be interesting. I do have a use for it now, however I think my digging partner and I will rent a ground penetrating radar unit for what we need for now.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like with various brands of metal detectors, early adopters of a new model sometimes “get the shaft”.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know everyone is jumping on the NOX bandwagon but i don't know if i will ever buy one.

I hope no one else buys one, I don't need the competition :laughing7:

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love how almost every thread here turns into an Equinox vs Deus debate. I understand the OP compared the shaft of the two and opened up the discussion, but still...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread