600 Finds. Depth Meter Useless?

charlives

Jan 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, it doesnt react exactly like a coin. If you cant tell the difference in response between a coin and a can you need to pay more attention to the sounds.
Yep, I'm trying to learn this new language...but right now (with a master's in music) it's difficult. It took me a year of daily hunting to really get to know the T2. I assume the EQX will be similar. Thanks!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never pay much attention to depth. When I pinpoint a target I use my pinpointer and if I can't hear the target with pinpointer I dig a 8" or more diameter plug and if I can hear the target with my pinpointer I usually dig a 4" x 8" x 4" flap. When I dig a plug and don't get a pinpoint at 8" I get worried because I am not one that likes deep targets...lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has a depth meter?

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all that information Pirate. I’m making notes on the equinox’s for future reference. I may or may not buy one. Congrats on the nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread