Bluetooth Headphones

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't the Equinox 600 pair with other bluetooth headphones besides the ML HPs? I expect a delay with lesser headphones, but for now, I am just wanting to prove that one or both of two pairs of bluetooth headphones will pair. Thanks.

The manual seems to only talk about ML80 headset. What's up?

read the manual for your bluetooth head phones pairing process....you can pair any bluetooth phones. page 55

I just paired this portable bluetooth speaker with my equinox.it works perfectly

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
it could take up to 60 seconds to complete the pairing processes.

Last edited:

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using some cheap earbuds, and they are giving me pretty low latency. Soundpeats Q12. Place your earbuds/headphones in pairing mode, and then press and hold the button on the side of the equinox until it beeps at you, and wait up to 60 seconds. They should pair right up.

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All aptx bluetooth headphones I have tried pair fine with my 600. I would recommend low latency aptx, though. For me, at least, it makes a significant difference over regular aptx.

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with the other posters. When you are hitting a lot of targets, especially close together, and your recovery is set high, you will have a difficult time unless you go low latency APTX LL with your headphones. If you dont have a lot of targets and you are swinging slow then you can definitely work with non-LL headphones, its personal choice.
See some other older threads on headphones, some of us post which ones we use, not very expensive, but keep in mind that none of them are waterproof. The only true waterproof will be from Minelab first,
(well you would think) and then maybe some other vendors but they will be wired since dropping the control box underwater causes a loss in your Bluetooth signal, so wireless only works if you keep the
box above water.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
My TaoTronix headphones won't pair with the 600. They are 4.1. Oddly, I have a cheaper 4.1 set of wireless headphones, NOT LABELED low latency, and they do pair. Sooo, some bluetooth headphones will not pair.

glabelle

Apr 21, 2011
I bought Avantree "Audition Pro", aptX, and it works perfectly with the 600. Latency is spec'd at 40mS. That's fast.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Miccus SR-71 Stealth Low latency are the same exact headphones Minelab uses for the EQ800. I bought a pair for my EQ600 and then when my EQ800 arrived I compared them. Same exact product and both users manual are word for word. I paid under $70 for mine via Amazon

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Choppadude is correct. The Miccus ones are now sold out everywhere I have checked. However, there are several other "brands," also. They are all made by a factory in China, and then supplied to several "companies," who then put their own label on them and sell them. They are BT80 headphones -- of which there are two versions...an aptX-only version, which uses a CSR8635 or CSR8645 chip, and an aptX AND aptX-Low Latency version, which uses a CSR8670 chip.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread