Equinox-style (BT80) aptX low-latency Bluetooth headphones, how many are interested?

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, all.

I have an opportunity to make a bulk order (8 or 9 pairs, roughly) of new-in-box "BT80" aptX low-latency headphones.

The "ML80" Bluetooth headphones that come with the Equinox 800 are "BT80" headphones, that are simply labeled with Minelab's insignia. The ones I have access to are identical, aesthetically and specs-wise, with the same zippered hard case, same male-to-male auxiliary cable for "wired" use (if desired), same charging cable, etc. The only difference is that they are labelled with a different company name (several companies sell the "BT80" headphone under their own company name, but nearly all of these "brands" -- Miccus, Trond, etc. -- are sold out at all vendors, due to demand).

I bought a pair of these BT80 headphones for myself, as a test, and they are indeed identical to the Minelab-supplied version that are included with the Equinox 800. They are now my primary Equinox headphones.

If there are several of you -- either Equinox 600 owners who would like a pair of "Minelab-type" Bluetooth headphones, or an 800 owner who would just like a backup set -- please let me know, either via PM, or by replying to this thread in the next day or two. I would sell them for $50 plus shipping; if the response is positive, I'll order them and get things rolling.

Thanks!

Steve

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still waiting to hear from minelab as to how the bl80 updates will be handled. the case may look the same but the software under the hood on the bt80 will not be compatable with minelabs updated software.there is a reason why the bl80 have a hefty price...

bose_741158_0010_soundlink_around_ear_headphones_2_black_1180645.jpg

41pMMIJPUIL.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 8.07.58 AM.png

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is nothing in the headphones that can be "updated." The phones use a Qualcomm CSR8670 chip -- which is of the "System-on-Chip" design. As such -- there is no hardware or software to update; it's all integrated into the chip itself. No, the BT80 headphones are -- and will remain -- identical to the ML80. ML80 Minelab headphones are simply the Low-Latency version (i.e. 8670 chip) of the BT80 headphone -- but with a "Minelab" label on them. They are all manufactured at the same factory in China.

Meanwhile, the offer stands; anyone interested, let me know, and if there's enough interest, I'll order a half-dozen or so pairs of these.

Steve

P.S. The Bose headphones you show in your first picture are not a BT80 headphone; the Iselector brand in your second picture ARE a BT80, but they are a non-low-latency version (aptX only) using either the CSR8635 or CSR8645 chipset.

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor