Equinox Order Date and Delivered Date Thread

RTH

Sep 22, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, White's MXT, Minelab EQ800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the 600 is readily available. My local dealer has it in stock for immediate purchase as of Friday last week. List for the 800 is at about 60 names with 2 or 3 being received at the dealer weekly.

It seems that the "hunt" for an 800 model is part of the treasure hunt!

Good Luck all!

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I read minelabs test results that gold nuggets were found more consistently with multi iq I saw no need for the 800. I dont need the module or their dinky headphones. I had a coupon for 15% off a 600 so that'll be here Thursday costing me $551. And I picked up a set of cushy aptx headphones with 50hr battery life for $45. I'm still ahead of the game I feel.

RTH

Sep 22, 2015
Hunterdon County NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, White's MXT, Minelab EQ800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: I just called Cabela's and was told by customer service that Minelab is no longer allowing them to take pre-orders for the 800. :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabela’s hmmm, I’ll check them out, I called Kellyco today and asked the status on the 800 I ordered on 3-12-18 and the British guy there, who told me 4-6 weeks, said now I probably won’t get it until September, it sure seems like he said whatever he had too, to get the sale, kinda like a used car salesman.

Dealers have no control on how many detectors they receive from Minelab, salesman was estimating date based on previous shipments, shipment quantities can change, just found out shipment inbound this time is 3 times size of last shipment. Contact told me they are currently shipping orders from the first week of January.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft Bedford, ordered a Eq600 Monday. Received my 15% military discount. Tracking says it will be delivered Thursday!

OP
OP
N

nazran

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While not scientific... would it be helpful if we had a thread detailing order date and received date along with dealer/store that you got the Equinox from?

Me...

Order Date: 3/19/2018
Received Date: Not Yet
Ordered From: Kellyco

Called and they stated they are shipping mid to late Jan preorders right now.

tomfl

Oct 18, 2017
North Port, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cabela's Nox 800

I have been checking cabelas web site the last week and the 800 was not listed. l last night 5/1 I checked and it was listed so I pulled the trigger. It says a 4 to 7 business day wait, we’ll see. I’m hopeful that is accurate as I have vacation time at the end of this month!!

I kept a close watch on the Cabela's WEB page and on 5/10 I found the Equinox 800 suddenly listed. Placed the order, expecting it in 4-7 days. As of today (14th) their Website says it has shipped.

We'll see!!

Desertrokon

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2011
I kept a close watch on the Cabela's WEB page and on 5/10 I found the Equinox 800 suddenly listed. Placed the order, expecting it in 4-7 days. As of today (14th) their Website says it has shipped.

We'll see!!

I did the same and placed an order on 5/10 that also shows as shipped. Does anyone know which package carrier Minelab uses for the Cabelas drop-shipped orders ?
I leave for the Nevada desert on Friday and Cabelas was not able to give me a tracking # this morning....

tomfl

Oct 18, 2017
North Port, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got an email from Cabela's this morning It says there is a change, -order status change- These Item(s) Have Not Yet Shipped.
Seems like I may not get it in 4-7 days......

Desertrokon Hope you don't get the same email.

Tom

Desertrokon

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2011
Got an email from Cabela's this morning It says there is a change, -order status change- These Item(s) Have Not Yet Shipped.
Seems like I may not get it in 4-7 days......

Desertrokon Hope you don't get the same email.

Tom

Yes, I did receive the same email, status change from shipped to in progress, but my UPS app notified me of a shipment from Minelab with a tracking # and the message
"Order Processed: ready for UPS" with an estimated delivery of 5/18. I'm on the opposite coast, so I doubt that I will see mine this week....

Hopefully you will get yours very soon.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabela’s hmmm, I’ll check them out, I called Kellyco today and asked the status on the 800 I ordered on 3-12-18 and the British guy there, who told me 4-6 weeks, said now I probably won’t get it until September, it sure seems like he said whatever he had too, to get the sale, kinda like a used car salesman.

I ordered the 800 from KellyCo in March as well.......was told pretty much the same thing, but September???? I'm really beginning to lose interest in the EQ. With what I've been reading about how good the turn around time in shipping to Minelab is for repairs. Shouldn't BE so many "repairs". Guess I could cancel, and wait another year and try again.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few small dealers, esp out west (think prospecting country) that probably have Equinoxes on their shelves or low single digit waiting lists. Just have to do a little detective work and make some phone calls per Norm(sel). I am surprised how many folks are willing to fork over money to a dealer and let them sit on your cash for months. It does not have to be that way, believe me. Look for the little guy, especialy those who support Tnet and you can reduce the frustration factor. This is not the first time I have posted this advice, IN THIS THREAD, yet it seems folks would rather follow the crowd and stew about it. I don't get it.

Not a criticism, I get the frustration (been there, done that, no more!), all I am saying is there is something you can proactively do about it.

Last edited:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few small dealers, esp out west (think prospecting country) that probably have Equinoxes on their shelves or low single digit waiting lists. Just have to do a little detective work and make some phone calls per Norm(sel). I am surprised how many folks are willing to fork over money to a dealer and let them sit on your cash for months. It does not have to be that way, believe me. Look for the little guy, especialy those who support Tnet and you can reduce the frustration factor. This is not the first time I have posted this advice, IN THIS THREAD, yet it seems folks would rather follow the crowd and stew about it. I don't get it.

Not a criticism, I get the frustration (been there, done that, no more!), all I am saying is there is something you can proactively do about it.

I also got the 800 delivered from a dealer knowing that there were others waiting for it that ordered months ago (and also paid in advance). The best way is to call or mail dealers that you want an Equinox when they have it in stock and only want to pay when they deliver. I contacted several dealers on 15/4 and got the 800 2 weeks later. Another dealer contacted me 3 days after i got my Euinoxx 800 that he also had an 800 in stock if i wanted. It's true, dealers are selling even with a long waiting list of already paid customers to make an extra buck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the 800 from KellyCo in March as well.......was told pretty much the same thing, but September???? I'm really beginning to lose interest in the EQ. With what I've been reading about how good the turn around time in shipping to Minelab is for repairs. Shouldn't BE so many "repairs". Guess I could cancel, and wait another year and try again.

Just talked to my contacts, Kellyco is currently shipping the middle of February so they will be in March fairly soon, Minelab has increased the quanity being shipped.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered an 800 on March 13th from my small dealer in Texas and prepaid. Still waiting, but now #3 on the list. In the meantime I am killing it with my 600...almost paying for itself, and no wobble!:tongue3:

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered the 800 on March 1st, 20th on the dealer's list and will be receiving it tomorrow May 21st.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to my contacts, Kellyco is currently shipping the middle of February so they will be in March fairly soon, Minelab has increased the quanity being shipped.

On the Kellyco site, they state that they are now filling December! orders. Swell. I ordered in March, was told late May. After 25yrs dealing with Kellyco, I would have liked to have received a straight answer, and not one to make a quick sale. I understand it's on Minelab to ship, but the sellers could at least give an honest answer like, "We don't know".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Kellyco site, they state that they are now filling December! orders. Swell. I ordered in March, was told late May. After 25yrs dealing with Kellyco, I would have liked to have received a straight answer, and not one to make a quick sale. I understand it's on Minelab to ship, but the sellers could at least give an honest answer like, "We don't know".

I gave the latest shipping in my post above, shipping middle of February. You were told date based on what Kellyco and all dealers were told by Minelab, all backorders were supposed to be filled by end of April, unfortunately Minelab was not able to make that commitment.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
got mine Equinox 800 in 2-3 days after my order

While not scientific... would it be helpful if we had a thread detailing order date and received date along with dealer/store that you got the Equinox from?

Me...

Order Date: 3/19/2018
Received Date: Not Yet
Ordered From: Kellyco

ordered: last week my Equinox 800
received 2-3 days after the order was placed (he had one in stock)
Doc's metal detecting, Las Vegas (authorized small minelab dealer)
I am not knocking Kellyco since i am a happy customer but they have a huge customer base so bigger back log of allocated 600's and 800's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions