Jun 27, 2014
Grand Junction, CO.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 800
Ordered from KelleyCo 4/15/18
Been one day so of course I dont have it yet.
Called 4/16/18 to see what their shipping guess was, they estimated 10 weeks before I would see it.

Last edited:

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Equinox 800 ordered from KellyCo November 2017- shipped April 12, not here yet. Hopefully this week. KellyCo rep said they are shipping November orders now.

Last edited:

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered on Wednesday and received on Monday a three weeks ago from small dealers in SC.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered a 800 from Kellyco March 26, was told 6 to 8 weeks? Oh well.....perhaps the 6" coil will be out by then, or not.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox 800 ordered on 3-12-18 from Kellyco, I was told by the British guy to expect it late April, early May. I was going to buy from a local dealer but he did not have the Veterans discount. I certainly hope it gets here before June!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Keliyco is on 3rd week December on next Equinox customer shipments when they arrive from Minelab.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got my e-800 3 weeks before I ordered it....it didn't.t work so I sent it in for repair and am in a que. I should have it back before yesterday.

if you believe in time travel I will meet you here last Friday.:diamond-ring:

Last edited:

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered my Equinox 800 March 11th and received it on March 31st.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - smh - Hint: If you follow the crowd, you will have to wait with the crowd. There are alternative reputable dealers that 1) are TNET sponsors, 2) don't have months long, 100+ person waiting lists, 3) don't require you to pay full price up front weeks before shipment to get on the waiting list, and 4) who also honor the ML sponsored US Veteran's 15% Discount. Not saying there is anything wrong with the most popular vendor choices, but with a minimal amount of effort you can call some folks whose info is right in front of your noses and you might find a better situation. You don't have to follow the "herd", while there is nothing wrong with doing so, try some alternatives unless you don't mind letting someone sit on your money while U wait for a few months. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

MrTommy

Apr 18, 2018
Carson City, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,

White's 5000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth the wait.

While not scientific... would it be helpful if we had a thread detailing order date and received date along with dealer/store that you got the Equinox from?

Me...

Order Date: 3/19/2018
Received Date: Not Yet
Ordered From: Kellyco

I ordered mine from a small dealer down in Quartzsite, AZ while we were staying down there. I was #6 on his waiting list at the time. I quickly made it to #3. The dealer ended up shipping mine to me back here in NV because we left Quartzsite before it arrived. I was able to get the 15% veteran's discount (which I thought was cool because Minelab is an Australian company, right?). I ordered/bought it March 3rd and it arrived here April 13th. Agonizing wait, but well worth it.

OpportunityNox

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered in January from a BIG dealer and have yet to receive mine. Contacted them yesterday and they stated not yet. The sad thing is I read forum posts where people order from chain stores like Cabellas and have ordered after me and received theirs already. The BIG dealer was highly recommended by a friend. So far my dealings with them have been nothing more than cordial. Everybody keeps saying it is worth the wait, but of course they already have theirs. Add to that rumors that some have loose and misaligned shaft issues as well as pinpointing problems and I am starting to second guess my choice of both machine and dealer. Did I mention this is my first experience with Minelab or the BIG dealer?
Still waiting! ☹️

Last edited:

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered in January from a BIG dealer and have yet to receive mine. Contacted them yesterday and they stated not yet. The sad thing is I read forum posts where people order from chain stores like Cabellas and have ordered after me and received theirs already. The BIG dealer was highly recommended by a friend. So far my dealings with them have been nothing more than cordial. Everybody keeps saying it is worth the wait, but of course they already have theirs. Add to that rumors that some have loose and misaligned shaft issues as well as pinpointing problems and I am starting to second guess my choice of both machine and dealer. Did I mention this is my first experience with Minelab or the BIG dealer.
Still waiting! ☹️

waiting to get screwed over is the hardest thing....it will happen you just need to reside yourself to it,:laughing7:

OpportunityNox

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waiting to get screwed over is the hardest thing....it will happen you just need to reside yourself to it,:laughing7:

At this point, I just chalk it up to valuable lesson learned and try not to repeat the mistake in the future.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered in January from a BIG dealer and have yet to receive mine. Contacted them yesterday and they stated not yet. The sad thing is I read forum posts where people order from chain stores like Cabellas and have ordered after me and received theirs already. The BIG dealer was highly recommended by a friend. So far my dealings with them have been nothing more than cordial. Everybody keeps saying it is worth the wait, but of course they already have theirs. Add to that rumors that some have loose and misaligned shaft issues as well as pinpointing problems and I am starting to second guess my choice of both machine and dealer. Did I mention this is my first experience with Minelab or the BIG dealer?
Still waiting! ☹️

Dealers can only ship as fast as Minelab ships to them and they can only ship out as many detectors as Minelab ships to them so if they only get 6 detectors they can only ship 6 detectors if they get 24 detectors they ship 24 detectors. Dealers do not know how many they will receive until they are shipped and each shipment is different amount of detectors.

OpportunityNox

Feb 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I’m just impatient, that particular BIG dealer should remove the words “in stock” from the item description on their site. I understand it is not the dealer that dictates shipment dates, but rather Minelab. A bulk e-mail from the dealer with updates would go a long way. Communication is easy now days and costs nothing. The big issue I have with Minelab is empty promises in the form of miscalculations in expected delivery dates. When a production deadline is not met, Minelab should relay that to dealers whom in turn should communicate it to customers. Customers should not have to hound dealers or Minelab.
I know this sounds like a rant, and it is!
My apologies to Nazran for hijacking this thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread