Equinox 800

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well just got my hands on a Equinox 800 or should say placed my order, checked the Cabela's web site and saw they had them in stock pulled the trigger before they could all get away. Can hardly wait to see how it performs, I have never completely warmed up to my AT-Max (the way I did with my AT-Pro) it works OK but the tones will drive one crazy. Hoping the Nox performs as well as everyone says it does, looking forward to getting it and trying out. Leave in the morning for a business trip that may last up to 2 weeks Cabela's states the Nox will ship in 4-7 business days so I should have it by the time I get back.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your new love...best of luck

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Score! Does Cabella's offer the Minelab 15% discount for veterans?

I've never seen an AT-MAX, but if the many tones bothered you - ya ain't seen nothing yet with the Minelab multi-frequency tones.....

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've never seen an AT-MAX, but if the many tones bothered you - ya ain't seen nothing yet with the Minelab multi-frequency tones.....
Ha ha I was thinking the same thing

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The max basically has two tones low and high, in all metal mode there is no low or high tone, tones are the same, one has to look at the VDI to determine if the target is good or not. The AT-Pro had a very distinctive tone for high tones once you used a few times never had to look at screen. With my custom program the Max is still chatty. Will I sell my Max at this time do not think so will continue to use the Max just as I have continued to use the At-Pro, my wife taken over the Pro, so who knows she may take over the Max but I have my doubts on that. It's not that the Max has too many tones it's the like of tones and a distinctive high tone, IMO the high tone is almost like their low tone, I'm still a supporter of Garrett but do believe they made charges to the AT-Pro that has caused them to lose a lot of loyal followers just my opinion. Maybe saying they have lost loyal followers is to strong of a statement, maybe saying some followers have become a little disenchanted maybe be a better word, speaking for myself I would say I'm one of the disenchanted. I have to some extent regretted the purchase of the Max from the day I took it out of the box, and hunted for first time, but being a loyal supporter kept saying give it another chance.

Last edited:

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No. They give a 5% discount to military, and really SHOULD be offering the full 15%, but apparently they don't want the hassle of getting a DD214 or Active Duty info and having to send it to Minelab for fund recovery. It's why they don't get my business, regardless of stock!
Cabela's thinks it's too much of a pain for them to offer. I guess they really don't care about the "pain" that all we vets and military have gone through on THEIR behalf! Grrrr!

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No. They give a 5% discount to military, and really SHOULD be offering the full 15%, but apparently they don't want the hassle of getting a DD214 or Active Duty info and having to send it to Minelab for fund recovery. It's why they don't get my business, regardless of stock!

Treasure_Hunter said this morning that Kellyco is shipping orders from the Xmas season now. I ordered mine on March 26, so it'll be a while before I receive mine.

That's no so much of a problem since I have too many detectors already, including the CTX. I thought for months before placing the order. What mattered to me was the discount which Kellyco supports. Instead of $899, I jumped on the Kellyco discounted total $764.15 delivered.

Sometimes it pays to be patient.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the discount from MetalDetectinStuff.com for my 600. It was $551.65. (Thank you Wayne!). I am #4 on the waiting list with USADetectors.com for the 800 and also got the discount at $764.15 Shipped. He offers a military discount on ALL products. 10% on Garrett. I just got shipped a second ACE 300 from John there to give to my wife. So now my son and wife will each have their own detectors!
It'll be nice to go hunting as a family affair!

If Cabela's has received a big shipment, that may mean that the other distributors are also receiving shipment this week, and we may see some significant movement on the waiting lists as they distribute out to their dealers. One can hope....

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just got my hands on a Equinox 800 or should say placed my order, checked the Cabela's web site and saw they had them in stock pulled the trigger before they could all get away. Can hardly wait to see how it performs, I have never completely warmed up to my AT-Max (the way I did with my AT-Pro) it works OK but the tones will drive one crazy. Hoping the Nox performs as well as everyone says it does, looking forward to getting it and trying out. Leave in the morning for a business trip that may last up to 2 weeks Cabela's states the Nox will ship in 4-7 business days so I should have it by the time I get back.

Actually, Cabela's doesn't stock them. They are sent directly from Minelab, when they have them. Also, they don't give the military discount and they charge sales tax. I'd rather buy from one of the sponsoring dealers that help make this site free to the users...

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, Cabela's doesn't stock them. They are sent directly from Minelab, when they have them. Also, they don't give the military discount and they charge sales tax. I'd rather buy from one of the sponsoring dealers that help make this site free to the users...

So...is it 4-7 business days from time of order, or false advertising from Cabelas? [emoji6]

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it's 7 days. Fortunately, that does not translate into two weeks.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with it! The more I use my 800 the more I love it.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The value of a forum is directly attributed to the content that the users provide. Charging a membership to a forum hurts it more than it helps. The content is what drives the traffic (google search rating) which determines the value of the advertising space.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Hal2k have a safe trip and hope the 800 is waiting for you when you get back. Let us know if it’s works for you.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't cost nearly as much as many would think to keep a website going to be honest. Anyone can have one these days. Don't take my word for it, look into it yourself. Cabelas and some other outlets at least give you the chance to get one before half the season is over if you're vigilant. Waiting lists/preorders should not have been done without an agreement with Minelab that preorders would get exclusive preference. Without that, it might as well have been a first come first serve everywhere. It wasn't fair for some people to wait for months and a guy like me or Hal2k can just get on the net one day and order one out of the blue and have it right on our doorstep.

One_more_hole

Jul 17, 2017
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Equinox 800; Explorer II; Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m glad you got one. It is surprising, as I have been checking their site daily and they are never in stock.

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have been away on a business trip since last Wednesday April 18 I ordered my Equinox on Tuesday before the trip and had it shipped to my office. I was surprised it was delivered on Friday April 20, got to the office this morning and it was setting in my office, I was surprised with the quick delivery, now got to get it charged up tonight and hopefully take out this weekend for a good workout. Have always been a Garrett guy, if the 800 performs as well as what I've read and seen on You Tube the 800 will be my go to detector. I'm very skeptical of some of the videos I've seen not just with the equinox but with any detector. I downloaded the instruction manual before I left on my trip from the net and have been able to read it cover to cover in the hotel at night, so I'm ready to go out and give it a try.

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hal -- looking forward to your thoughts, once you get used to it. Learning the language takes time, for sure, but when you do... :icon_thumright:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread