fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is How I rig my equinox for the Surf

IMG_3454.jpg

I tie a empty water bottle to give the controller some Buoyancy when I let go of the detector in the water...that way I do not need to bend
over to grab it or stick my head under water when it sinks...the lanyard is one I made for my carrot. it helps when a wave were to sweep the detector out of my hand...I do the same thing for my long handle scoop.

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

The only thing I do different from the video to make the coil is to squeeze eyelets on the ends...you can get them from Home Depot .
in the electric dept. I also used a larger dowel diameter. If you are going to do the ends like in the video I recommend you stitch the para cord to give it more pulling strength.
I have used this coil for years .it is compact and has saved me from loosing my gear many times.

enjoy.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool setup. thanks

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice job! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
adels metal detector.jpg

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottle isn't a bad idea. I just let my machine hang by the headphone cord and it hovers right by my side. Doesn't go anywhere, but I don't hunt in rough surf either.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
no, bottle idea is very good. one less worry in dirty water

OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waterproof lead coiled to tight

s-l1600.jpg

If you find the coiled lead to tight on your minelab waterproof headset(or any headset for that mater), just reverse the coil as described in the video posted above.
It may not effect some people but for some a tight coil will always tug on the headset.

enjoy

Last edited:
OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you ever find anything? Lol

I find lots... for me this hobby is like hunting or fishing, Not everyone is about the trophy. If I can't eat it, sell it or give it away....I leave it, or trash it.

OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I,m not surprised ...hunting and fishing is not for everyone.

I’m from Louisiana I grew up hunting and fishing just wasn’t sure why you bought it up unless you where making a analogy. I was just asking where all your “fines” are with that killer “rig” you have set up on your Smart car. I was surprised you weren’t vegan

Sportsman’s Paradise Louisiana

Last edited:
OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m from Louisiana I grew up hunting and fishing just wasn’t sure why you bought it up unless you where making a analogy. I was just asking where all your “fines” are with that killer “rig” you have set up on your Smart car.

Sportsman’s Paradise Louisiana

Are there no smart cars in Louisiana ? oh where is Louisiana anyway...I thought it was just a hot sauce you pour on chicken wings

don't really eat chicken my self...I find it a bit foul. ever do any float fishing?

bd5f564fa447a8fe7a90556a10622b74--fishing-boats-fly-fishing.jpg

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are there no smart cars in Louisiana ? oh where is Louisiana anyway...I thought it was just a hot sauce you pour on chicken wings

don't really eat chicken my self...I find it a bit foul. ever do any float fishing?

Yeah some I see a few girls driving them every blue moon. Pretty stupid if you don’t know where Louisiana is and no never fished in a inter tube. We have boats.

OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah some I see a few girls driving them every blue moon. Pretty stupid if you don’t know where Louisiana is and no never fished in a inter tube. We have boats.

been to cali,flordia,indina,north Carolina,ohio...but never to Louisiana....stupid may be a bit harsh seeing that I'm from the great white north...

been trying to get to New Orleans for some craw fish....maybe this summer I'll take a drive down...and do a little southern detecting on the way....

inner tubes are great way to fish...cant always get boats up them little creaks. (and they fit on top of smart cars real nice)....got to take the plow off though...to much wind resistance...

9818d1410923848-smart-snow-img_1579.jpg

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
been to cali,flordia,indina,north Carolina,ohio...but never to Louisiana....stupid may be a bit harsh seeing that I'm from the great with north...

been trying to get to New Orleans for some craw fish....maybe this summer I'll take a drive down...and do a little southern detecting on the way....

inner tubes are great way to fish...cant always get boats up them little creaks. (and they fit on top of smart cars real nice)....got to take the plow off though...to much wind resistance...

Lol. Be honest do you really own a smart car?

OP
OP
fuceye

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. Be honest do you really own a smart car?

I own a wrangler, wife owns a smart car
she drives the jeep, I drive the smart car.
I use the little troll as I do a lot of commuting and it uses 1/5 of the fuel. the jeep is a pig on fuel.
need I say more.....:BangHead:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread