Someone had asked for a review of the EQ at a hunted out park a while back.

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
I moved my shaft shorter and my cuff back and now I am kicking my coil. I am 6 ft 2 inches tall so I am either hunched over short shaft or longer shaft killing my arm / shoulder . I hope the six inch coil fixes this for me . I found five wheat pennies at a spot I pounded real good for a couple of years using park 2 . None deeper than six inches . I am working on a new permission and if I get it I will run the eq800 first then take the deus back over it later on . Just ordered a power bank to add more weight to complain about . I am hoping mounting the power bank under the cuff and the six inch coil should dial it in perfect for swinging I hope .

Well were not apples to apples. I'm only 5'8:laughing7:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved my shaft shorter and my cuff back and now I am kicking my coil. I am 6 ft 2 inches tall so I am either hunched over short shaft or longer shaft killing my arm / shoulder . I hope the six inch coil fixes this for me . I found five wheat pennies at a spot I pounded real good for a couple of years using park 2 . None deeper than six inches . I am working on a new permission and if I get it I will run the eq800 first then take the deus back over it later on . Just ordered a power bank to add more weight to complain about . I am hoping mounting the power bank under the cuff and the six inch coil should dial it in perfect for swinging I hope .

I don't think it is going to work miracles on depth, but I will remphasize that if you are primarily going after high conductive coins, your best bet might just be Park 1 or Field 1.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved my shaft shorter and my cuff back and now I am kicking my coil. I am 6 ft 2 inches tall so I am either hunched over short shaft or longer shaft killing my arm / shoulder . .

I got rid of my E-trac for the same issue. I almost had surgery on my elbow because of it. Took over 7 months to heal and it is still not up to par a year and a half later. I would suggest getting a harness if you plan on swinging it for long. If you can't handle being tied to the machine via cable then you may want to think of a better balanced machine.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my nox 600. After your story I can’t wait to get out. Thanks for that nice post and congrats on all those nice finds.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read all the EQ post learning a few things before I receive my order (someday), and I do have one question, most often, in fact most all of the time, Park 1 and Park 2 are being used, seldom if ever do I see Field 1 or 2 being used, any reason? is there a pre-set discrim. pattern or something not preferred? Of course Beach & Prospecting explain themselves, but Park vs. Field?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually like to use Field 2 when relic hunting vs. Park 2 but I do switch off between both as they are a little different even though the presets are pretty much the same and they both are optimised for mid conductors. The difference is in the Multi IQ secret sauce for both those modes. I have Field 2 (default settings) set up permanently in my user profile slot for quick access regardless of which mode I am in. Field 1 is set up as a beep dig two-tone mode that biases towards high conductors and I don't think anyone sees an advantage to it vs. Park 1 which is the main coin shooting mode. So in order of "popularity" for non beach hunting and non prospecting:

Park 1 for coin shooting and basic all around usage, biased to high conductiors.

Park 2 for relic hunting/coin shooting in thick iron - popularized because it is Calabash Digger's favorite relic mode. Mid conductor (i.e., button) magnet.

Field 2 for relic hunting /coin shooting in thick iron - My favorite relic hunting program out of the box but basically, for me Park 2 and Field 2 are neck and neck mid conductive target magnets.

Field 1 for general beep digging biased to high conductors. Seems redundant and less "sophisticated" than Park 1. Do not have much swing time on it. Multi IQ underneath I am sure is a little different than Park 1 just as Park 2 and Field 2 Multi IQ are different even though they are both mid-conductor/high frequency biased modes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread