Someone had asked for a review of the EQ at a hunted out park a while back.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Pulled the trigger like so many other folks did, and bought the EQ 600. Was going to get the 800 but didn't want to wait:laughing7: The last 2 years I've been using the ATPro, and really like it, and felt comfortable that I new what I was doing.

This Saturday and Sunday my plan was to hunt a park that I spent a lot of time at the end of last season. I mean I pounded it to death, where finally I wasn't getting any signals other then iron and pulltabs. No doubt in my mind that I have scooped up every clad , silver, and wheaties that were there. Found around 300 clad, I think 4 or 5 silver ,I think, and some wheats.

There were 2 separate area's that were productive. One was where they parked there cars in the grass for the games, that's where I found most of the clad, and the other area was where the original ball diamond was, that I found on NetR from 1939. That area is where the silver and wheat's came from.

So the plan was on Saturday I'm going to hit the parking area to see how the EQ6 does on a pounded area, and did I make the right move buying one.

So here's Saturday's pounded out area:
DSCF1999 2.jpg

Here's Sunday at the older part:
DSCF1998 3.jpg 7 silver , 11 wheats. 1 of the silver's was from Saturday.

I think it speaks for itself. My best weekend ever. DSCF1979 2.jpg DSCF1981 2.jpg DSCF1985 2.jpg DSCF2004 2.jpg DSCF2002 2.jpg

Last edited:

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, nice haul, nothing like taking a new detector out for a prove itself hunt, congrats.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That is a great collection of coins from a hunted out spot. I too ran the ATpro for awhile and now run the Impact. I ordered the Nox800 and am still waiting. Reading stories like yours and your success with the Nox keeps me wishing mine would hurry up. Keep posting and continued good luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer silver and old coin hunt! :notworthy:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice nice job! I got a couple of hunts out the way with my 800. I gonna bring it to my hunted out spot at the park. I would only pray to have a day like you had. Congratulations

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess that it was in multi freq. feels pretty good when something works like you had hoped it would

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That is a great collection of coins from a hunted out spot. I too ran the ATpro for awhile and now run the Impact. I ordered the Nox800 and am still waiting. Reading stories like yours and your success with the Nox keeps me wishing mine would hurry up. Keep posting and continued good luck!

I feel comfortable saying your going to like it:laughing7:. Hope yours comes soon!

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice nice job! I got a couple of hunts out the way with my 800. I gonna bring it to my hunted out spot at the park. I would only pray to have a day like you had. Congratulations

Almost all of those coins were deeper then the AT could go apparently. But the unmasking was unreal. Good luck at your park:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess that it was in multi freq. feels pretty good when something works like you had hoped it would

Park 1, Multi, set the threshold so I could barely hear the hum, sensitivity 20, 5 tone, and recovery 3. Pretty much ran Park 1 preset with no modifications.

It felt/feels really good!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Helluva hunt! 🙌 What was the average depth for the dimes?

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Helluva hunt! �� What was the average depth for the dimes?

10 to 12 inches on the dimes, and sounded strong. Wheats were the same. That's probably the thickness of the wonderful fill they put over these fields. Dimes rang 28 to 30 and wheats 21 to 22.

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am lucky to hit anything the size of a quarter at seven inches . Very nice hunt you had and I was hoping for the same at my hunted out spots . Not so much . I found a button at each of my sites and thats it . I was really hoping this one spot would open back up . I found so many good things there I was sure the eq800 would kill it again . One button in two hours so I gave up .

My old yard gave up a few coins but it is dead again already . I need new ground . I am starting to question leaving the deus at home . Much lighter and it kills at ten inches consistently . My tdi on the eq800 is all over the place any deeper that six inches . My ground is very mild . I may have gotten a lemon ?

OP
OP
digger460

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I am lucky to hit anything the size of a quarter at seven inches . Very nice hunt you had and I was hoping for the same at my hunted out spots . Not so much . I found a button at each of my sites and thats it . I was really hoping this one spot would open back up . I found so many good things there I was sure the eq800 would kill it again . One button in two hours so I gave up .

My old yard gave up a few coins but it is dead again already . I need new ground . I am starting to question leaving the deus at home . Much lighter and it kills at ten inches consistently . My tdi on the eq800 is all over the place any deeper that six inches . My ground is very mild . I may have gotten a lemon ?

Seem's to be something strange going on. Those silvers and wheats really gave off nice signals. They were so good that they could have been a bit deeper, and I think I still would have picked them up. What mode were you running and did you modify it at all. I did have the threshold turned up so I could barely here the hum. Maybe, just maybe because it is fill then I'm digging through makes a difference, but the fill is at least 20 years old. Hope you figure it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread