Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called kellyco about a month ago, and the salesman also tried to sell me the Macro. He never brought up the fact that the EQ runs all frequencies at the same time. I don't think the Kruzer is selling to well. Not seeing a whole lot of posts compared to the EQ.

I don't think you need to worry about the Kruzer not selling too well. I believe the Kruzer will be Makro's top selling machine. It is my opinion that the lack of posts is due to the Kruzer's solid build quality and fine functionality right out of the box. Add to that the best customer service hands down and there's really nothing to complain about.

GulfcoastCletus

Greenie
Mar 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabelas has the 600 in stock and per their site, it states it's shipped direct from manufacturer.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cabelas has the 600 in stock and per their site, it states it's shipped direct from manufacturer.

Saw that. Probably will wait for a dealer to have them in atock so i can use minelabs military discount and save another $65

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you really want to know Calabash is right. Never doubt the man.

I would have hung up on the salesman. There are to many good advertising detector dealers to mess with that company. I have heard way to much bad press about them and how they use canned statements and out of the blue delivery dates to get you off their back.

Does anyone have an inside track to Minelab deliveries yes but I won't mention they are the biggest sporting goods dealer around. Who is Minelab going to feed detectors to. The company that sells more than anyone else and believe me they sell a lot of them

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kelly I salesmen are just that - salesmen. I am fairly certain that they are on commission.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are just selling the Product that will not move by it self. the equinox does not need a sales person.the Marko does.....
it must suck to have 50-500 metal detectors in stock only to have everyone want the one detector you do not have.

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So this is the short and sweet (still kinda long) haha

I was calling some places to get time frames on an Equinox 600. I was transferred to a sales rep with Kelly Co. When I told him I was looking at time frames on the Equinox 600, he told me a couple things that didn't sit well with me. I don't know if it was a salesman lying to make a sale or ignorance... either way I'll let you guys be the judge.

1. When asking about availability he said "The Equinox series can only be pre-ordered, no dealer will have them in stock." When I pressed him and said "well some places have been getting their dealer units and selling them, like Cabela's and sometimes you can get lucky and find them in stock." He replied with "No that's not how the Equinox series is being processed by Minelab."
Okay fine, whatever, I'm not going to argue.

2. He said that for about a $100 more I can get a much better machine in the Makro Multi-Kruzer. Then he went on and on and listed the specs and why it was better than the Equinox series. This is the part that kind of irritates me. He stated "The Makro Multi Kruzer operates at 5, 14, and 19 khz; where the Equinox only operates at 5, 10, 15 khz." To dig for info I said... "I thought the Equinox 600 could run also at the 20 & 40 in Multi-Iq, but they just weren't selectable as individual frequencies?" He said "Nope, the 600 does not have the 20 and 40 frequencies at all." So then I told him I'm on the website right now and it says {Read verbatim the minelab info graph on the website stating that when in multiIQ the 600 runs at 20 & 40 as well}". He said "No that is incorrect, it is not on the Equinox at all. Minelab hasn't even said which frequencies Multi-Iq runs on, which is why the Makro Multi-Kruzer is a much better deal than the Equinox." I said "But I'm reading it right off the Minelab website?" He said "That must be a misprint then, blah blah blah"

I hope someone from Minelab and KellyCo read these boards and can fix some of this misinformation out there. I'm sure he was just trying to BS me into the Makro, but who knows.

The Multi-Iq infograph Link.
https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/underwater-use/equinox-600

Sales rep is not right on anything there.

It IS available, I got emails that Cabelas had them in stock again just yesterday. BOTH machines. I cancelled my order with KellyCo months ago.. and purchased a machine from Cabelas... and have been using it since then. It has nothing to do with how Minelab is processing them, it has to do with how the retailers are selling the machines they order.

He / she is dead wrong about the frequencies of MultiIQ.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the multi IQ running all frequencies. They both run them. We had a conference call with the chief engineer on the multi IQ project about a month ago. He affirmed that both machines operate the full spectrum in multi iq. He also said depth on both detectors should be the same. Minelab also confirmed that demand is increasing at this time instead of levelling off.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sales rep is not right on anything there.

It IS available, I got emails that Cabelas had them in stock again just yesterday. BOTH machines. I cancelled my order with KellyCo months ago.. and purchased a machine from Cabelas... and have been using it since then. It has nothing to do with how Minelab is processing them, it has to do with how the retailers are selling the machines they order.

He / she is dead wrong about the frequencies of MultiIQ.

I want buy a detector from Cabelas, for me and it is just my personal opinion, dealers support our hobby, Cabelas does not, can't get any support from cabellas.

Dealers can only ship our as fast as they receive them and can only ship in small quantities if that is what they receive.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So this is the short and sweet (still kinda long) haha

I was calling some places to get time frames on an Equinox 600. I was transferred to a sales rep with Kelly Co. When I told him I was looking at time frames on the Equinox 600, he told me a couple things that didn't sit well with me. I don't know if it was a salesman lying to make a sale or ignorance... either way I'll let you guys be the judge.

1. When asking about availability he said "The Equinox series can only be pre-ordered, no dealer will have them in stock." When I pressed him and said "well some places have been getting their dealer units and selling them, like Cabela's and sometimes you can get lucky and find them in stock." He replied with "No that's not how the Equinox series is being processed by Minelab."
Okay fine, whatever, I'm not going to argue.

2. He said that for about a $100 more I can get a much better machine in the Makro Multi-Kruzer. Then he went on and on and listed the specs and why it was better than the Equinox series. This is the part that kind of irritates me. He stated "The Makro Multi Kruzer operates at 5, 14, and 19 khz; where the Equinox only operates at 5, 10, 15 khz." To dig for info I said... "I thought the Equinox 600 could run also at the 20 & 40 in Multi-Iq, but they just weren't selectable as individual frequencies?" He said "Nope, the 600 does not have the 20 and 40 frequencies at all." So then I told him I'm on the website right now and it says {Read verbatim the minelab info graph on the website stating that when in multiIQ the 600 runs at 20 & 40 as well}". He said "No that is incorrect, it is not on the Equinox at all. Minelab hasn't even said which frequencies Multi-Iq runs on, which is why the Makro Multi-Kruzer is a much better deal than the Equinox." I said "But I'm reading it right off the Minelab website?" He said "That must be a misprint then, blah blah blah"

I hope someone from Minelab and KellyCo read these boards and can fix some of this misinformation out there. I'm sure he was just trying to BS me into the Makro, but who knows.

The Multi-Iq infograph Link.
https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/underwater-use/equinox-600

When what I desire is not available when calling a place to confirm stock , I go elsewhere if in a hurry.

From former sales ,I provide what you want or do not. If it can be ordered ,when it should arrive is on me. We both have a reason for what we are doing.
On you to ask for options or go elsewhere. And to beware!
I refused commission when in sales. Crazy ,but I was paid alright and once directed a customer to the company president when he accused me of selling me something he did not need for commissions sake.
The customer left with what he needed.....Would he had if I was selling for commission??? Only if he let it between himself and what he needed.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
# 1. Check with the many dealers here if they have the Equinox 600 & 800 in stock. Good hunting and good luck.

ewtaylor

Mar 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw that. Probably will wait for a dealer to have them in atock so i can use minelabs military discount and save another $65

It's $97. I spent the weekend on every dealers website I could find putting my name on the nox 600 wishlist. Monday morning I get an email stating one of the dealer had them in stock. I moved quickly and bought one for $552. Tracking shows a delivery date for tomorrow. Sometimes it's best to shop with the little man.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's $97. I spent the weekend on every dealers website I could find putting my name on the nox 600 wishlist. Monday morning I get an email stating one of the dealer had them in stock. I moved quickly and bought one for $552. Tracking shows a delivery date for tomorrow. Sometimes it's best to shop with the little man.

Take this to heart...bigger is not always better!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
caveat emptor
he IS a salesman, do your own homework

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me the salesman was trying to make a sale for something he had his hands on. On another topic, has anyone run the Equinox by an oscilloscope to see exactly what frequencies it's generating?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a technical dohickey. You can even get an app for your smart phone for one. It will measure as a sine wave the frequency of the device you are testing.

I bet that didn't help. Can be used to separate salesmen from out and out liars. Also makes hair grow on your head.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm sorry you still have a stupid phone?:laughing7:

My daughter could tell in 10 minutes. She has an advanced degree in computer science. Once upon a time ago, I came home from work. My NEW COMPUTER was in pieces all over the room. There were wires everywhere. My NEW CD player was also in pieces with wires EVERYWHERE.

As I'm looking at frankenproject, she says "mom, don't touch anything". I didn't.

Next morning everything was normal and back together and working, or so I thought.

That evening I got on the computer. I miskeyed a word and this booming male voice comes out of the now demon possessed computer and says loudly "You can't do that.". It also had some not so nice suggestions when I made some other common computer typos.

She had captured audio files and had them triggered to play when certain keys were typed in a certain order.

She makes a lot of money these days.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread