Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, something like that, now considered ancient technology.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone who doesn't believe that the 600 and 800 are running the same Mult IQ frequency spectrum and signal processing should definitely get a Multi Kruzer. Do it today!

No oscilloscopes needed, although it has been done. Wish I could link to it but do not want to violate forum rules. BTW, the transmission frequencies are not the whole story, but how the target return signals are processed. That is what defines the different modes. Also, I would still take 3 simultaneous frequencies vs. the three discrete frequencies offered by any other non-spectrum detector at this point.

It is now not in my best selfish self interest to encourage people to get an Equinox. The beach is crowded enough. Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's $97. I spent the weekend on every dealers website I could find putting my name on the nox 600 wishlist. Monday morning I get an email stating one of the dealer had them in stock. I moved quickly and bought one for $552. Tracking shows a delivery date for tomorrow. Sometimes it's best to shop with the little man.

Right $97 is the 15%, cabelas only offers 5% so i just want to hold out for the full 15. In fact I found a local with 1 600 left in stock. Picking it up on Wednesday!!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW - if I couldn't get my hands on an Equinox, I would definitely take a serious look at the Multi Kruzer. Both of these detectors are the best bang for your buck right now, no doubt about it, with the EQX having a significant edge.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a bus...I'm sure all the major manufacturer's have already reverse engineered the Equinox and Cruzer and will be coming up with something soon. Should be interesting. Let the hype wars begin.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a problem with the forementioned salesman a while back. Seems like a young guy full of piss and vinegar. I just had no patience to deal with it, and he was pretty overbearing, so I went with another vendor.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a bus...I'm sure all the major manufacturer's have already reverse engineered the Equinox and Cruzer and will be coming up with something soon. Should be interesting. Let the hype wars begin.
Minelab has high paid lawyers just for that purpose.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reverse engineering means identifying key aspects of a device and duplicating it exactly - to do this would likely violate patents, if any and copyrights. To successfully do this would require access to the operating system code - something which would clearly violate copyright, if it could be done.

That other manufacturers are busily working on new platforms which use innovative combinations of single and multi frequency transmission, reception and analysis is beyond doubt. Lots of ways to do this remain - free of any patent restrictions.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm sorry you still have a stupid phone?:laughing7:

My daughter could tell in 10 minutes. She has an advanced degree in computer science. Once upon a time ago, I came home from work. My NEW COMPUTER was in pieces all over the room. There were wires everywhere. My NEW CD player was also in pieces with wires EVERYWHERE.

As I'm looking at frankenproject, she says "mom, don't touch anything". I didn't.

Next morning everything was normal and back together and working, or so I thought.

That evening I got on the computer. I miskeyed a word and this booming male voice comes out of the now demon possessed computer and says loudly "You can't do that.". It also had some not so nice suggestions when I made some other common computer typos.

She had captured audio files and had them triggered to play when certain keys were typed in a certain order.

She makes a lot of money these days.

Your daughter scares me.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they will look and see, evaluate, see what they can and can't do and then changes will begin. Of course they wouldn't make the same thing under their own name. They make even something better. It's always that way. That's why we have so many brands of automobiles out there these days. Should be a fun year or so watching the hype games.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm sorry you still have a stupid phone?:laughing7:

My daughter could tell in 10 minutes. She has an advanced degree in computer science. Once upon a time ago, I came home from work. My NEW COMPUTER was in pieces all over the room. There were wires everywhere. My NEW CD player was also in pieces with wires EVERYWHERE.

As I'm looking at frankenproject, she says "mom, don't touch anything". I didn't.

Next morning everything was normal and back together and working, or so I thought.

That evening I got on the computer. I miskeyed a word and this booming male voice comes out of the now demon possessed computer and says loudly "You can't do that.". It also had some not so nice suggestions when I made some other common computer typos.

She had captured audio files and had them triggered to play when certain keys were typed in a certain order.

She makes a lot of money these days.

Wow, how old was she when this happened?

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one can patent or copyright multi freq technology,only how they do it.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one can patent or copyright multi freq technology,only how they do it.

Right, and then they tweak one little thing and call it their own. Reverse engineering isn’t illegal and happens in all industries.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP metal, she was 12. Fuceye, correct. I GUARANTEE more and better technology is on the way. It's just a matter of what they learn and what they decide to do, and when to do it and how much of a cost to us. In the meantime, any mid range working metal detector can find the goodies. Will I buy another detector in the next couple years? I don't know. Will I need another detector in a couple years? Probably not. There is a difference. My two work very well as they are. Time to go play in the dirt. Just rained and my CW field got plowed just before the rain!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best success I've had purchasing detectors has been when I went to a dealer in person and test drove one. Luckily there were two dealers within 50 miles of my house. Both have now gone out of business. *sighs* But there are some big cities within 200 miles and a road trip would not be out of the question when it's time to get another machine.

Devldog, I couldn't agree more. With an experience like that I would never consider a purchase from whichever dealer it was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions