First hunt with 600 difference from AT Pro

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everyone is well.. I got my 600 two weeks ago did a lot of reading, videos and testing. But today is the first time out. In my opinion this is what I experienced. The 600 is a lot quieter right off the bat I picked up 2 nickels I was impressed until the next 8 or 9 13s in a row were either pull tabs or bottle tops. I do realize that happens, over all I dug less bad signals and deeper than my AT ..Now for the bad and it can and will be rectified the headphones and wire suck. The wire constantly gets in the way. I pulled headphones a lot they don't fit well with my big ears. Which I have heard here before. Minelab could take a page from Garrett at least as far as the hard wire goes.I still have a lot to learn and am looking forward to it,I would like to thank everyone that has put out great information and videos out. It has helped me tremendously.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've never even took the corded headphones out of the box, I'm just using Bluetooth ear buds and the work a treat, I think the corded headphones were just a token gesture, enjoy the nox

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope everyone is well.. I got my 600 two weeks ago did a lot of reading, videos and testing. But today is the first time out. In my opinion this is what I experienced. The 600 is a lot quieter right off the bat I picked up 2 nickels I was impressed until the next 8 or 9 13s in a row were either pull tabs or bottle tops. I do realize that happens, over all I dug less bad signals and deeper than my AT ..Now for the bad and it can and will be rectified the headphones and wire suck. The wire constantly gets in the way. I pulled headphones a lot they don't fit well with my big ears. Which I have heard here before. Minelab could take a page from Garrett at least as far as the hard wire goes.I still have a lot to learn and am looking forward to it,I would like to thank everyone that has put out great information and videos out. It has helped me tremendously.

I know what you mean about the headphone cord. Everytime I would fill in my hole part of the cord would get buried too. I got earbuds, much better. Next time on the nickels, if there's an 11 or 14 with the 13, it's probably a pulltab. That's what I've found. Good Luck!

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
corded headphones....long play records....beta video tape....buggy whips....cassette tape....8 track tape...steering wheels....dvd...cd...landlines:laughing7:

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine received the 600, and the headphones supplied are bad, first day out, the left ear cup came off. I had a adapter jack, 1/4" to 1/8", but it would not fit into the headphone port? I was going to lend him a pair of Grey Ghost to use that day. Anyway, he came up with something else.

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have preferred a charger to the headphones. Not sure why they included them, on a BT/Wireless machine

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I experienced the same thing when switching
I bought some Low Latency "ugly blue" headphones from Amazon that work PERFECTLY and I like it,,,much better than my ATPro

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can go on eBay and buy a Bluetooth receiver that works like the Minelab module for as little as $10-$20 and that is for Bluetooth 4.1. Plenty fast enough.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ā˜  Cipher;5795784 said:
You can go on eBay and buy a Bluetooth receiver that works like the Minelab module for as little as $10-$20 and that is for Bluetooth 4.1. Plenty fast enough.

Not sure why you would bother, why not just get BT APTX LL bluetooth headphones like many have suggested here and knock out the middleman? If you are referring to the WM08 module, that is not supplied with the Equinox 600. If you are really attached to a favorite set of wired detecting headphones, then I could see getting a BT module and yes, that certainly would be a more cost effective solution than getting the ridiculously priced ($260 if bought separately) WM08 module, if you have the 600.

ā˜  Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That suggestion is for such people, yes. I personally have no use for wired headphones and haven't used them since buying the V3i last year.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[emoji879 said:
Cipher;5795784]You can go on eBay and buy a Bluetooth receiver that works like the Minelab module for as little as $10-$20 and that is for Bluetooth 4.1. Plenty fast enough.

This is what I did, after seeing success on another forum.
I have a nice pair of waterproof earbuds I usually wear, cause i hunt creeks and in the rain. I also have seen any tried or true aptxLL earbuds worth the money yet. Time will tell though.
Iā€™ll do a little write up once the 600 arrives Wednesday!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Sennheiser HD280's the audio quality is top notch and you won't hear hardly any wind noise with them on. The cable can be a pain but the Sennheisers are really long so you can set the detector down and dig a plug without any effort.

You can pickup a set for around $100 or less if you shop around.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why you would bother, why not just get BT APTX LL bluetooth headphones like many have suggested here and knock out the middleman? If you are referring to the WM08 module, that is not supplied with the Equinox 600. If you are really attached to a favorite set of wired detecting headphones, then I could see getting a BT module and yes, that certainly would be a more cost effective solution than getting the ridiculously priced ($260 if bought separately) WM08 module, if you have the 600.

the BT APTX LL bluetooth headphones work great...their manuals...not so much...:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread