Is anyone else having problems with charging their headphones?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-pair (once)
-turn on head set
-turn on equinox
that is it....

-turn off equinox
-turn off headset

that is it...no waiting or pushing any buttons. so simple a it could be programmed to do it by itself....

Hmm...I thought it was...

Pair both first time out then, the next time...

On (headset)/On (detector) then
Off (headset)/Off (detector)

Rinse repeat.

Fuceye may have a secret way of turning on the headset and detector without pressing any buttons but I haven't figured that one out yet.

(You forgot rinse/repeat, Fuceye...lol)

:laughing7: :tongue3:

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth - once you have paired the Headphones you DO NOT have to pair them again unless you have paired another device with the detector in the mean time. I could be wrong, but are you pressing the wireless button on the detector every time you turn it on or pressing and holding the headphone power button? You do not have to do that. After you have initially paired the headphones successfully, the next time out, just turn on the headphones first (single press of the on/off/pairing button until you see the headphone LEDs come on) and then turn on the Equinox, the headphones should connect almost immediately after the Equinox has gone through its initialization sequence and the normal LED screen graphics come on. HTH

You’re absolutely right! Thanks V

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you rest your machine you have to pair them again .This I do not care for . The headphones can be a pain.That is why I am using ear buds .

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you rest your machine you have to pair them again .This I do not care for . The headphones can be a pain.That is why I am using ear buds .

Hey, just want to put some info out there because I think the tech industry's confusing, arcane terminology that goes along with wireless technology is probably more confusing than the actual technology itself and results in a lot of frustration and shunning of some handy tech, as shown above.

"Pairing" is a different and more complex process than "reconnecting" following initial pairing and it seems to confuse people such that they find themselves constantly reinitiating the pairing process simply because their phones have disconnected. You shouldn't typically have to "re-pair" the headphones (i.e., cycle the wireless button on the detector and long press the power button the headphones until they "pair") simply because you have let the machine go idle. have walked out of the range of the machine with your headphones on your person, or have turned off the machine to rest or end your detecting session. If this happens, and your machine is still on, simply power cycle the headphones and they should reconnect after a few seconds. If your machine is off, turn your headphones on first to let them initialize then turn on your machine and it should pick them up after its initialization process. It is not absolutely necessary to turn your headphones on first, but I find that if the headphones are on first then the machine picks them up faster than if you wait until the machine is on to turn on your headphones. Note also, with the ML BT phones, if you actually own two detectors or another BT transmitting device (including a phone), the headphones can be paired with both the detector and the second device (read the instructions on how to do this and how the headphones behave if both devices are on and transmitting). I have my phones paired with my 800 and with my GPX which I have plugged into a bluetooth low latency transmitter. The phones reconnect with whichever detector I turn on first which works fine since I don't use both detectors at once (at least not yet). I refuse to pair it with my phone because I still need to be able to use the "I was out detecting" excuse to not answer my cell in the field. LOL.

HTH.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good infro. fella's, I can see me plugging in a set of Grey Ghost into the WM08?, after 30yrs of being tethered to the machine, it will be like "wireless" for me. I'm just a simple guy................

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ya that is frustrating...its the same with the deus....so much trouble having to pair the head set,controler and coil every time you need to stop for a coffee.
it really sucks having to use a wrench on the shaft clamps on the equinox too...I use vice grips to loosen the clamps and still need to use a hammer to pound the
the shaft to get it to compress. I would just set it and forget it but its to long to fit in my smart car....I think I will just leave the equinox set to the size I like
and get a set of roof racks for my smart car.....the equinox is waterproof and the roof racks will solve the needing a hammer to pack up my equinox every time
I go from hunt to hunt.its like then I could set it and forget it.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did a factory reset and had to hold the button in on the Equinox to get them to pair again.
Just turn on the detector before turning on the headset works for me.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya that is frustrating...its the same with the deus....so much trouble having to pair the head set,controler and coil every time you need to stop for a coffee.
it really sucks having to use a wrench on the shaft clamps on the equinox too...I use vice grips to loosen the clamps and still need to use a hammer to pound the
the shaft to get it to compress. I would just set it and forget it but its to long to fit in my smart car....I think I will just leave the equinox set to the size I like
and get a set of roof racks for my smart car.....the equinox is waterproof and the roof racks will solve the needing a hammer to pack up my equinox every time

Or you can get a real car or maybe even a man truck?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I cannot understand the need for vice grips? and hammer? If you pound the shaft to get it to compress, how the heck do you lengthen it again. Well......could be one of two things, a lot of sand packed in and around the shaft, or it could be the machine itself, I see you use the EQ "850", have not heard of the problem with the EQ 800.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot understand the need for vice grips? and hammer? If you pound the shaft to get it to compress, how the heck do you lengthen it again. Well......could be one of two things, a lot of sand packed in and around the shaft, or it could be the machine itself, I see you use the EQ "850", have not heard of the problem with the EQ 800.

This guy is very sarcastic so you never know if he’s telling the truth or not. I can’t see anyone using a vice grip and hammer on their machine, but I can see him lying for attention.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this might seem crazy but I would check to see if your cell phone has Bluetooth on. they might be trying to pair with your phone. trust me it can happen

Not crazy at all. One day I forgot to put my phone on airplane mode before turning on my headphones. I had issues getting them paired and it's the only time.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy is very sarcastic so you never know if he’s telling the truth or not. I can’t see anyone using a vice grip and hammer on their machine, but I can see him lying for attention.

Truth, let's say "over exaggerating" instead. I try to always give benefit of doubt. Anyway, "airplane mode", good tip. As for me, I have a flip open dumb phone, perfectly "paired" to IT'S operator.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could tell you.
but because you insist on not reading the manual...
I prefer to continue being entertained by your struggle.
keep up the great work.

Uncalled for, please post by our rules.

Uncalled for, Please post by our rules.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, let's say "over exaggerating" instead. I try to always give benefit of doubt. Anyway, "airplane mode", good tip. As for me, I have a flip open dumb phone, perfectly "paired" to IT'S operator.

You’re right I have to learn how to smooth down my rough edges on the great site.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread