Headphones not loud enough

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone else have a problem hearing with these?

I have the volume all the way up but I can't hear the faint signals very well.

Also, they should have mounted the wireless control module to the side of the headphones instead of having that dinky ass cord getting in my way.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also, they should have mounted the wireless control module to the side of the headphones instead of having that dinky ass cord getting in my way.

p1013330.jpg

71sQ-ChmzhL._SL1500_.jpg

USHG-085-1.jpg

bv2083-03.jpg

way more info required....
what headphones ? what detector? etc. also have you read the manual more than 20 times?....:laughing7:

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please do not tell me you plugged the BT headphones into the WM08 wireless module. But that is what it sounds like because you are not supposed to be fooling with any cords if you have the 800 and the supplied BT phones.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please do not tell me you plugged the BT headphones into the WM08 wireless module. But that is what it sounds like because you are not supposed to be fooling with any cords if you have the 800 and the supplied BT phones.

image.jpg

Flat-Pack-Assembly.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gsxraddict

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm using the 800 with the stock headphones, the auxiliary cable to the wireless module then to the headphones.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using the 800 with the stock headphones, the auxiliary cable to the wireless module then to the headphones.

put the cable and aux box somewhere safe.read the manual and pair the wireless head phones directly to the 800.....the volume control on the head phones will

be your go to for volume control....charge the headset up first...good luck

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 11.55.58 PM.png

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No guys he's saying he's using a 600 with stock headphones... and the cord is thin and lame, and they should have just included the WM08.

I have actually had a problem with the volume with standard headphones. Go into your tone volume mode and turn the volume on iron up... it's turned down really low. Also turn up the other tones to 25 as well. It will still not be very loud. With my waterproof headphones, it's loud enough until they get wet and then it's so faint I can barely hear it. For this reason I've nearly abandoned my Equinox as a water machine and it will be used for dry and wet sand, and the occasional first drop hunt into the water, but for dedicated water hunting the CZ remains the first choice.

Nevermind, I see OP responded and confirmed my suspicions, I too thought 600 at first but I responded because he said "wireless control module" (no module comes with the 600) and then noticed he had 800 not 600 in his profile, so I pretty much knew what was likely going on. Guess you missed that in his profile. Fuceye explained the rest to him...

Another common issue is people not turning on the power button on thec wireless phones and complaining about muffled sound when they are actually hearing the sound coming out of the detector speaker.

Good luck to gsxraddict, report back if you are still having issues. BTW the WM08 is for using your favorite wired headphones wireless, but you will need a special adapter if your h/p have a large plug.

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

lol ok you got me i totally didnt see that one coming.

The headphones are wireless. instructions came with them!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You also have to press the headphone button on the 800 too. I don't even carry the WM08 with me. You can pair the wireless headphones with the 600 as well. The wired headphones with the 600 have a better sound but I prefer the wireless

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you bind the wireless headphones to the equinox I GUARANTEE they will be LOUD. if you turn up the volume on the machine AND the volume on the headphones they will be TOO LOUD. I didn't like these headphones at first but they have really grown on me. Once they broke in they stopped hurting my ear.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Near the surf gets challenging but I crank up the threshold more so I can hear it better.
But I see myself making a adapter for my grey ghost that I use on my CTX.
I also hate the cord going to the headphones so I am thinking of running cable through the rod and drilling a small hole behind the head and soldering it all together so I can plug in the back with no cord in the way like on the ctx.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread